Chapter 11

I woke up feeling the soft covers pushed up to my body which felt so good. I yawned, sitting up completely. I looked around to see Ray gone like I expected. We had a huge day ahead of us and he needed to be ready. He texted me letting me know he had went to his room, so everything was good. My phone began to ring and of course it was my mama calling me. I smiled, quickly answering the face time.

"Morning baby." My mama stated with a smile.

"Morning mama." I said, shooting her a smile back.

I low key missed my family. Even though it had barely been one day, I missed waking up seeing my beautiful mother and sister. I even missed my daddy mean self. I just need the lord to help me get through tour.

"Where's Nya?" I asked.

"Her butt still sleep. She didn't go to sleep till 11 last night. I knew I shouldn't have given her any sweets."

I giggled hearing her. Nya goes crazy when she eats a lot of sweets. That girl will be jumping around for hours before she gets tired.

"Yeah, you knew better than that mama." I stated giggling.

"Yeah I did, but what you have up for today?"

"Well, we're heading over to the gym around 1 then sound checks isn't until 5. But, that's all we have going on throughout the day. I'm just ready for the show tonight." I admitted. I was ready to get that workout in then slay the hell out of that stage.

"I know that's right baby. You better show out tonight, Dani."My mama stated.

"Oh trust me mama, I am."I assured her.

"Well alright, I just called to check on you baby. Have a great day and I'll have your father call you before your show because I won't be able to. I have a meeting around that time."

"Alright, I love you and tell Nya I love her as well."

"Alright, I love you too baby."

I hung up the phone, placing it on the nightstand beside me. A smile was smeared across my face and I knew I looked happy because I was. For some reason, I felt good that day. I was happy and I was ready to murk that stage that night.

After brushing my teeth, I headed down the hall to the vending machine. I needed to grab me something real quick to put on my stomach. I was so hungry that morning.

I stuffed a dollar in the machine, pushing the button for the M&Ms. I grabbed me some M&Ms, a Gatorade and a bag of Lays.

"Morning." I heard a male voice say behind me.

I quickly turned around to see Roc standing there. He was dressed in a pair of basketball shorts, wife beater, Nike slides and Nike socks. I was so shocked that he even spoke. All that was in my mind is did he really just say something to me? Me?

"You talk?" I said gasping while playfully placing my hand over my heart. He started laughing, showing his perfect teeth while shaking his head.

"I see you got jokes huh?" He stated, casually licking his lips.

"Nah, I'm kidding. I'm just surprised you're talking to me right now. You never say nothing to me dude."

"I know. You probably think I'm 'bout weird as hell." He stated laughing.

"I just didn't know what to say to you. Shit just felt odd."

"Well it doesn't have to be odd anymore. I'm cool as hell and you seem cool. We can be friends." I stated with a smile while holding my things in my hands.