Importance

(3rd pov) 

The next morning Ira and Haruki were summoned to their father's office. Neither one of them spoke a word to each other. Aria did her best to rekindle the twins's relationship, but it was little to no success. 

"So," Ira spoke up with crossed arms," what is it that you wanted from us Kazekage-sama?" 

Gaara released a sigh before interlocking his fingers. "The Chunnin Exams will be coming up and I've decided to take you both with me as guards." Haruki's eyes sparkled in excitement. "Really?! We get to leave the village!" He asked hopefully. 

Gaara secretly smiled at his son's enthusiasm, giving him a nod. Haruki cheered loudly while Ira just sighed. "I can't." She cut in causing both her father and brother to look at her. 

"Your pursuit mission has been canceled and handed off to another ANBU squad." Gaara notified. Ira turned her bored eyes into a fierce glare. "And when were you going to notify me of this? As Captain of the Extermination Squad I-"

"I'm notifying you now. That's all. We leave today." Gaara said with finality. Ira glared harder at her father before clicking her tongue, spinning on her heel, and stomping out of the room. Haruki quietly watched his sister and just as he was about to call for her, she slammed the door shut.

He exhaled sadly. 'Ira...'

'She'll be fine Haruki. Remember, just give her some space to cool down.' Aria coaxed. 

Ira and Haruki quickly packed their bags before meeting their father at the front gates. Ira and Haruki both stayed behind their father in total silence. 

Haruki sent worrisome glances at his sister from the corner of his eyes. He debated wether or not he should say something. Slowly he gained the courage to do so. "I-It'll be nice to see everyone. I'm sure they'll be there. What do you think Ira?" He looked at his sister with a smile. 

Ira didn't even glance at him as she responded, "It doesn't matter to me." Haruki lightly bit back his tongue from retorting rudely. He laughed sheepishly before turning back to the front. 

"Its been forever. I hope every has reached their goals." That sentence caused Ira to glance at her brother's smiling face before quickly focusing to the front. Inside she had a smile on her face.