Chunnin Exams

(Ira's pov) 

The next day was the start of the Chunnin Exams. Haruki and the others had headed off somewhere to watch the exams while I decided to head over to where the teams would be assembled.  The Kazekage had sent me orders to help make sure that these exams ran smoothly. I sighed aloud once I entered the area where all proctors  were to meet. 

I stood in the back where I saw the familiar faces of Shira and Sasuke. They seemed to be having a one sided bicker. Aunt Shira being the one bickering. "Aunt Shira, Uncle Sasuke," I greeted. The two turned to see me. 

A massive grin appeared on Aunt Shira's face. She quickly rushed over and brought me into a tight hug. "Ira! Long time no see! You're so grown!" She gushed all at once. She nearly crushed me in her embrace. 

Thankfully Uncle Sasuke gently pried her off so he could get to me. He placed a hand on my head, messing up my hair. "Good to see you, kid." I smiled softly. "EVERYONE!" All heads turned into the direction of the noise. 

There, an old legend stood. Kakashi Hatake of the Sharigan. His eyes scanned over the crowd before he smiled behind his mask. He began to explain protocol and our top priority. After, we were told which matches on what days we'd be monitoring. 

Aunt Shira, Uncle Sasuke, and I walked out of the meeting room and to where all the Kages sat. "I'm excited to see Kushina participate! Been training her myself you know!" Aunt Shira gushed. I hummed lightly, turning my head to look down at the arena.

There was already a match going on. I became tranced by the sparks that flew into the air as their weapons made contact. It made my heart beat become more eccentric and my adrenalin level rise.

Thankfully, I was broken out of it when a hand was placed on my shoulder. I immediately turned to see a perplexed Shira. "Hey kid, you okay?" She asked. I nodded once, brushing her hand off and moving further ahead.

'Stop asking....' 

When I reached the Kazekage's side, I noticed Haruki was nowhere to be found. 'Where is that idiot...' I grumbled. I sighed and brushed it off, staying focused on the match. The Rain nin won the match. 

Next up was Kushina. When she entered the arena she seemed a bit nervous. More than likely she was  more nervous about the large crowd watching her and not her opponent.