Take Over Pt.1

2 years Ago

(3rd pov)

Three ANBUs rushed through the trees of the Mist Village. They passed like a wind, causing the leaves to ruffle. The damp terrain didn't slow them down a second. Two of them followed behind their leader with blazing red hair. They were assigned by the Kazekage himself to follow-up on a tip they got about a sighting of Emiko. 

"Ira-sama~, can we eat something," the second female on the team whined. "We've been traveling nonstop!"

"Ruka, shut up already," her male teammate shouted behind his cat mask. "We already took a break! You're going to make us late for our meeting with the other unit!" Ruka groaned loudly. The male could just see the gloomy aura hanging over her head. "But Kuran!!! I'm hungry!!!" 

'Just give the kid food before my ears fall off," a certain aggravated tailed beast wailed. 

Before Kuran could scold her, their leader spoke over the wind. "Ruka is right! We're almost at the meeting place anyways. Let's take a short break." They simultaneously landed in a small clearing. Ruka immediately sat against the base of the tree with her legs crossed Indian style. 

"Wah! My legs hurt so much!" She took off her mask to breathe properly. "That's better!" Ira and Kuran followed suit. The boy glared at his needy teammate. "Tch. You're dead weight you know that?" 

Ruka casually tuned out his negativity. She rummaged through her ninja pack and pulled out a rice ball. "Speaking of weight, I should be able to eat all the rice balls I want thanks to all that running~!" She took a large bite of the snack with a flowery, sunshine aura surrounding her. Kuran's brow twitched in annoyance. 

"Captain, say something!" He begged. Ira sat down by her own tree, taking out the rice ball she packed for herself. "It's better if you just ignore it. Besides, Ruka has selective hearing." Said girl grinned widely. 

"Captain knows me so well!" 

Kuran's shoulders sagged in defeat. "You're too soft on her Captain." Ira smiled at her teammate. She tossed him the extra rice ball she'd packed. "You're too strict." The sudden clap of thunder caused the three to look up at the gradually graying skies. 

"It's going to rain soon," Kuran muttered. "Will you be alright, Captain?" 

Ira swallowed before replying. "Ah. I've made some modifications to my sand. Aria has also regained her chakra from the last battle." Her teammates were well informed about Aria. They were the only people in the ANBU Ranks who was willing to be her teammates. Ira was glad that they weren't scared of her. 

Ruka suddenly shot up and slung her arm around Kuran. "Ne, ne, Kura-chan, are you going to eat that rice ball~?" The male shoved her face away with a smirk. 

"Go eat a rock you glutton." Ruka cried into his hand. "Kura-chan~ don't be like that!!! That's Captain's special rice ball! Share some with me!!!" Ira laughed quietly as the three continued to argue. They'd been a team for the last two years, but it felt longer. They were not only her first teammates but also her first friends from her village.