Not A Deadbeat Dad!

Miranda's pov

I get home from school and mom has a snack waiting for me. I smile and hug her. "How was school today?" She asks. The happiness vanishes. "As you know it's father's day. Everyone was talking about their dads." She sighs. "I'm sorry sweety, but your dad ran out on us when you were a baby." "I know. You tell me that every time." I mumble sighing. I go up to my room and sit on the edge of the bed. I wish I knew who he was and where the weird mysterious gift came from. I pick it back up. A small blue and gold music box. I found it on my bed on my birthday last week. I still don't have the guts to turn the knob and I shouldn't at home. Not knowing what it will do. Maybe I'll go to my best friends Rachel's and Sierra's house. They'll be able to help me. "Hey mom, can I go to Sierra and Rachel's house?" They're twin sisters. Both with long curly orange hair and freckles. Both really smart, fun, nice, and my best friends. "Sure, honey but be home for dinner." I nod and head out the door.

Jason's pov

Me and Luke are throwing darts at the dartboard, trying to get my mind off the fact that I never get to know my young daughter. She turned fifteen last week. "You think she got the music box?" I mumble bummed. "If she did, it won't be long before she comes looking." If she listens to that music box, I get an alert on my phone. Luke throws another dart. "Yeah! Bullseye!" He exclaims. I smile. "You wanna grab some-" My phone beeps. My heart nearly stops. She's listening to the music box.

Miranda's pov

The music box plays a country song then at the end it says in the same guy's voice as the song, "Miranda, this is your father, I know your mother told you I ran out. That's bullshit. She kept you from me. But all these years, I've kept a close eye on you. I wanted to tell you happy birthday and I do love you." Then it stops. I drop it in shock. Rachel and Sierra stare at me just as shocked. "My God, my life is a lie!" I gasp. I want to hear it again.

Jason's pov

Huh? That's odd. I got the message again. Is she..... Listening to it again? I want so badly to talk to her, to see her. But I know I'll never get the chance. I still keep up to date, I haven't missed a school function. Even if they didn't know I was there.

Miranda's pov

"So my dad didn't abandon me?" "It doesn't look like it!" Rachel says. I grab the music box in determination. "I have to find him." Both girls smile. "It's time for the PI sisters to make an appearance." Sierra says, smiling at her twin sister. Two years ago, they were crazy about mysteries. It was fun. I grab one of Sierra's hands and one of Rachel's. "You think you can help me find my dad?" They both smile. "Girl, of course, we're your best friends. Let's get started." "First things first, who's the one singing? The song is obviously titled she's country since he said it over and over." I say, rubbing my chin in thought. "I'll look that up." Sierra slides over to her computer and types she's country into the youtube search engine. A guy in a cowboy hat, wranglers, and a red plaid button down is singing onstage. Wow, my dad's a singer. Like me. I love to sing. Why would my mom lie to me?! "It says here his name is Jason Aldean and he lives in Nashville Tennessee." Rachel says. Me and the girls lock eyes. "Road trip?" Rachel asks. "Road trip." I agree, smirking. I put a hand in and the girls copy it. "Best friends forever!" I gasp. We throw our hands in the air. Next stop, Nashville Tennessee...... All the way from rural Georgia.