Something New

Miranda's pov

We stopped for a show later tonight. Me and James were just goofing in my room. "Hey Miranda, wanna go out for lunch?" He asks. I smile. "Oh Mr. Jackson, are you asking me out on a date?" He smiles and laces his fingers with mine. "Yeah I think I am." He says, smiling. He's about to kiss me but I jump off the bed, making him laugh. I laugh too and run out of the room with him chasing me. I run right into dad. "Whoa, no running in the bus!" He gasps, steadying me. I try to stop laughing. "Sorry daddy, can me and James go to lunch?" I ask, grabbing my boyfriend's hand. "Sure but be back in time for the show, you and Taylor are singing again tonight." "Ok. Love you!" I say, hugging him quickly and running out the door.

Jason's pov

I go to the door. "No-" I wince seeing her trip. "Running." I mumble, sighing. But luckily she gets up. She waves and they get a cab. I'm gonna follow them.

*later*

They went to a little cafe. I was sitting further away, concealed by bushes. "I can't believe your dad thought we were gonna do that. I'm saving myself." She sighs. "Yeah me too. Dad's just overprotective." The waitress brings their food. I dare to peek over slightly and she's stirring her drink. That's my girl. Sweet tea. If I didn't drink beer so much, I'd drink tea. "I like your dad though. He's cool and I don't mean because he's a famous singer. He really and truly cares." She bites her lip. "There's reasons for that too." Uh oh. "What's up? Are you okay?" He's a good kid. I just.... I worry. "My whole life I didn't even know who my dad was. My mom said he was dead for Christ's sake! Thank God that was bullshit." "Watch your mouth young lady." I whisper. "Now you know your daddy wouldn't approve of you cussing." He jokingly says, wiggling a finger at her. "Damn right." I whisper. "Oh hush James. Dad isn't here right now." Yes I am. "I'm glad you found your dad." He says, surprising me and by the look on her face she is too. "Why? Mom won't jump on you like dad did." "Because he cares about you. By what you've told me your mom didn't care. Still doesn't." What? What has she told him? What are they talking about? She smiles. "Thanks James. That... That means the world to me." He smiles and hugs her. "You make me so happy." She whispers. Wow, I'm glad I followed them. I think my little girl has found the one. I sneak back to the bus. Taylor was fixing her make up for the show. "Hey Jason, do you think I should wear my hair up or down?" I chuckle and sit down, still trying to process everything I just witnessed. "Either way is fine, Taylor. You're gorgeous either way." My eyes go wide. I just let it slip that I think Taylor is hot! I look over at her and she stares at me surprised. Crud she heard me. "Let's just pretend I never said anything." I stumble to say. "Alright... Um... So when do me and Miranda go on?" "Uh after I sing she's country. I think."

*later*

The kids get back from their date. I'm so glad I let her get that guy the first time because in doing so she found her one true love. "Ok kiddo it's showtime." I say, ruffling her hair. She swats my hand. "Aw dad! You messed my damn hair up!" "Hey watch your language young lady!" I say. "Told ya." James says, poking her in the side. She swats his hand. "Told her what?" I ask confused. "Oh she said a cuss word on our date earlier and I was like I know you wouldn't approve of her cussing." "Damn spiffy." I say, smiling. "You're a good kid, James, ya got a good head on your shoulders." "Wow, thanks sir!" I laugh. "Ok let's go to the show." I hug my little girl that's not so little anymore and we walk to the show.