Tour Surprises

Jason's pov

Me and Luke are going on tour again and of course my sweet daughter and her boyfriend is coming with us. I was walking back from my duck blind to the house when Miranda ran out of the house laughing. James was chasing her. I smile and watch her carefree goofiness. I'm so glad she came back. Kelly walks out. "You two stop horsing around." She calls also laughing. Miranda's laughing too hard to reply. I don't think they know. "Stop James you're killing me." She gasps, holding her stomach. I smirk and sneak up on her, grabbing her around the waist. She screams in surprise, making me laugh. "Dad, you almost gave me a heart attack!" She gasps. I laugh and walk inside.

Miranda's pov

Dad and Kelly go back inside. James eyes me with a smirk. I back up, trying not to laugh again. "You better not.. James, don't!" I cry. I take off at a slow run with James chasing after me. He grabs me around the waist, making me trip. He lands on top of me and kisses me. I close my eyes. He pins my arms to the ground as we make out. "Oh James, I love you." I whisper moan as he kisses my neck.

Jason's pov

Me and Kelly finished up making dinner. "I'm gonna go get the love birds." Kelly says, making my eyes go wide. "They better not be love birds, she's only fifteen! On second thought, I'll go get them." She laughs. "Relax Jason." "Don't tell me to fucking relax. Not when that hormonal teenager could be fucking my daughter!"

Miranda's pov

Me and James were making out against the fence when I heard dad shout my name. He grabs James and pulls him away from me! "What the?! Dad what are you doing?!" "You're only fifteen, I'll have none of that." "We weren't doing anything. We were just kissing!" I gasp, crossing my arms annoyed. "You better not. Come on, dinner's ready. He walks back to the house and James holds my hand. "Well, that happened." He says. I roll my eyes. "Whatever." I mutter. We get inside.

Jason's pov

I may have overreacted a bit but I don't like the idea of her and him.... Like that.

*later*

Miranda's pov

Me and James are watching a movie. His hand on my knee. "I'm heading to bed, don't stay up too late, we leave for the tour tomorrow." Dad calls from his room. I lay my head on James' shoulder. Dad walks out in sweats and no shirt. I blush embarrassed. "We're going to bed after the movie." I say, covering my eyes. "And no funny business you two." He says, pointing. I glare at him. "Stop it dad, you're embarassing me!" I whine. He chuckles and walks back to his room.

Jason's pov

"Aww overprotective daddy." Kelly teases. "Yeah yeah, joke all ya want but I remember what I was like at his age." I mutter, laying beside her. "And what you're like now." She whispers in my ear. I smirk and kiss her, my arms wrapping around her waist.

*the next day*

We get to the first show which was in Kansas. Luke slaps me a high five and puts his guitar on. "We run this town, man." He jokes. I laugh. "Let's get going." We walk into the arena and onstage.

*later*

Luke starts playing some old songs from the early eighties that I don't know how to play on the guitar. He strums to an old Willie Nelson song. I roll my eyes, my hands on my hips. "See this is what Luke does everybody. He starts playing songs I don't know." I mutter annoyed. Luke laughs. Then he plays the tune for time marches on. I smile. "Ok I do know this one." I say, joining him. "Sister cries out from her baby bed, brother runs in. Feathers on his head, mama's in her room learnin' how to sew, daddy's drinkin' beer listenin' to the radio, Hank Williams sings Kali-Ja and Dear John and time marches on time marches on. A drunk guy almost falls over the side. I laugh. "Dude, careful not to fall. Get back to your seat." Luke says. A security guy comes over. "Aw don't throw him out!" Luke gasps, still laughing. "Man, grab a beer and find your seat." I say. But in the end, he had to be taken out. "I guess some people can't handle their alcohol." Luke says. I adjust my mic a little and retune my guitar. "Too bad he couldn't have stayed for the rest of the show. And now, the moment I've been waiting for all night. My daughter's gonna sing a song."

Miranda's pov

I smile and fix my white dress. I walk out and dad hands me the mic and strums the tune. "He said the way my blue eyes shined put those Georgia stars to shame that night I said that's a lie, just a bit in a Chevy truck, that had a tendency of getting stuck on backroads at night. And I was right there beside him all summer long and then the time we woke up to that summer gone, but when you think Tim McGraw, I hope you think my favorite song, the one we danced to all night long, the moon like a spotlight on the lake, when you think happiness, I hope you think that little black dress, think of my head on your chest and my old faded blue jeans, when you think Tim McGraw, I hope you think of me!" Dad smiles softly at me. I'm about to sing the next part when I hear another voice that makes my jaw drop. Taylor Swift herself walks out smiling with a mic and her long blonde hair pulled back in a bow! The mic shakily falls from my hand. "September saw a month of tears and thankin' God that you weren't here to see me like that." She sings. Dad hands the mic back to my fumbling fingers. I clear my throat. "Um.... B-But in a box beneath m-my bed is a l-letter that you never read from three summers back." I sing very shakily. She smiles and picks up. "It's hard not to find it a little bitter sweet and lookin' back on all of that, it's nice to believe...." We both sing the chorus. "When you think Tim McGraw, I hope you think of me!" I drop the mic in shock and hug the amazing pop sensation. She shakes my dad's and Luke's hands. "Taylor Swift and my baby girl." Dad says.

*after the show*

"That was so cool!" I cry. Taylor hugs me and signs my shirt. "I've always been a big fan." She smiles. "Me too. Of your dad I mean. I love his music." Dad smiles while putting his guitar up. "Thanks for coming tonight." He says.

Jason's pov

I walk back to my bus while the girls talk and there's a note on the door. Huh? I pull it off. Dear Jason, I left for home. You and I both know just like all the other times we hooked up, nothing would come of it. I want to settle down. So this is goodbye. You'll always have a special place in my heart. Love Kelly. Eh like I said before I never expected to marry Kelly. We have a very weird relationship. I head backstage and the girls are still chatting away. "Come on hun, we gotta get going." I say. "Ok, bye Taylor, it was so cool meeting you." She laughs. "Silly girl, I'm your dad's opener. I'm going with you." "Way cool!" She cries, making us both laugh. We get back to the bus. "Let's roll out." Mike calls. "But wait! Dad, Kelly's not on!" Miranda gasps running to the door. I grab her arm before she jumps out the door. "Kelly left sweetheart." "Why?" "I don't know, hun. She just did." She sits back down. "Wait... You two broke up?" "Yeah I guess you can call it that." She stares at her shoes. "You alright hun?" "Yeah I just.... I really liked Kelly.... Why'd she leave?" "Why does anyone leave, sweetheart?" I mumble, thinking of Jess.