Finding Her And Talking (Not Fighting)

Jason's pov

I park the red bronco and jump out. We need to search all of Nashville. "We can't stop looking. She must be terrified."

Miranda's pov

The bus pulls up. I glance back down the road one more time. "Sorry daddy." I whisper, walking up the bus steps. "Does this bus take you somewhere when you have nowhere else to go?" I ask, tearing up. He looks at me sadly. "Take a seat sweetheart." I do.

Bus driver's pov

I glance at the girl then my phone. She's the girl that went missing earlier tonight. She must have run away. Poor kid. She falls asleep.

Jason's pov

I was waiting for the bus. I was gonna ask the driver if he's seen my little girl. The bus parked. "Where ya headed?" "Nowhere. I'm looking for Miranda. My daughter, she's sorta short with brown hair and freckles. She was wearing a red shirt and jeans. I pulled a picture up on my phone. His eyes go wide. "Yeah she rode my nine o'clock! I just dropped her off at the hall of fame." My eyes go wide. "Thanks." I jump back off and rush down the street to the hall of fame.

Miranda's pov

I cry in my hands in front of the hall of fame. I rub my arms from the cold and stand up. I try to open the door but it was locked. "Please open up!" I whimper, turning around and sitting on the ground, my back against the glass, only freezing me more. I'm shaking from the cold. "I hate my life." I whimper, crying on my knees. "Baby girl?" My head snaps up. "Daddy?" I whisper, brushing the tears from my eyes. He holds his arms out and I run into them, crying hysterically. "It's okay, sweetheart." He bends down on his knees and hugs me tight. "Don't do that to me again. I was so scared. I thought I lost my little girl again." I'm shocked he's crying too! "I'm so sorry daddy." He stands back up and wipes a tear off my cheek, leaving his hand there. I sniffle and look up at the daddy I never knew. "Mom said you could stay, sweetheart." My eyes go wide in shock. "Really? I can?!" He smiles and nods. "When I go on tour you can come with me too!" "Oh daddy! I love you!" I gasp, jumping into his arms. We get back home. Instantly Uncle Luke and Mama shower me in hugs. I'm mad at mama. I pull free of her and stand beside dad. "You lied to me!" I gasp, holding his hand. He guides me to the couch. "Let's forget that even happened, she said you could stay so let's just focus on that." He says, smiling. I nod but I'll never forget it.

Jason's pov

I don't think she's gonna forget it anytime soon. I hug her to my chest. "I'm just glad you're okay." Jessica gives me a stern look. She wants me to punish her. To prove I'm gonna be a good parent. But I don't want to punish her. "But honey you know you can't run away like that. The streets of Nashville are dangerous. There's some crazy people out there. Hence the name crazytown." Jessica crosses her arms. I shake my head. I'm not punishing her for being scared. "Baby girl, look at me." She looks up. "You have to promise me you'll never run away again. It's just a warning this time but next time I'll have to punish you." She tears up again. "I promise daddy. I'm sorry for scaring you and mom." "Ok time for bed Miranda." Jessica says, clapping her hands. I hug her and Jessica hugs her then she goes to her room. "I actually have everything on tape." Jessica says. Huh? "What on tape?" She smiles and sits beside me. "Her first steps, her first words and her birthdays." "I hate that I missed everything. I wish we could go back. I could undo everything." "It's not your fault. I left you." I shake my head sadly. "No I pushed you away and for that I'll always regret. I'm so sorry hun." She puts a hand on my knee. "It's okay." I look at her hand. I wipe the nervous sweat off my hand onto my jeans then shakily put it on top of hers. We lock eyes. "Jason, I-" "Can we forget the last fifteen years?" "I.... Don't.... Know if I can." I lace my fingers with hers. "I never realized how bad I missed you." I whisper. She suddenly stands up. "I can't do this, Jason." I stand up too. "It's okay. I understand. Do you mind bringing the videos of Miranda as a baby?" "Of course Jason. I'm going back to Georgia. But I'll bring them when I come to pick her up." Uh oh. "What do you mean pick her up?" "Well I'd like to take her for a weekend or something." She sounds annoyed. "I was just making sure.... Cause it is her decision. She's fifteen now. She can decide who she wants to live with." "I know that." She gripes through clenched teeth. Well she's pissed. "I'm sorry, Jess I didn't mean to make you mad! Please don't be mad at me." "I'll see you later, Jason." She walks out without another word. I sigh. I don't know if I'll rekindle anything with her or if I even should. Part of me wants to. I walk to Miranda's room. She's asleep with one hand under the pillow. I smile. "Goodnight princess." She smiles in her sleep, making me smile. I go to my bedroom and fall asleep.