A Corrupt Cop

Miranda's pov

Mom and dad come back inside and I stare at them jaw dropped. "Oh uh.... I'm guessing you saw that." Dad mumbles, rubbing his neck. I nod. "What's going on?" I ask.

Jason's pov

Me and Jess look at each other unsure. "Um just go to your room with your friends while we figure this out." She says. "But mom-" "Just go!" She runs to her room. "Why'd you yell at her like that?" I gasp. She walks passed me down the hall. I quickly rush after her. "What's happening between us, Jess?" She goes into her room and I follow. Where did that Danny guy go? She spins around, catching me by surprise and kisses me! She pushes me against the door, closing it and my hands find her hips. I missed her so much! She unbuttons her shirt. "Whoa, not with the kids in the house." I say, quickly. "She won't come out of her room. She's got Rachel and Sierra to keep her occupied." We shouldn't but I so want to!

Miranda's pov

This is weird. What's gonna happen? When are we going back to Nashville? Is mom coming with us? Is Rachel and Sierra coming with us? And what about Taylor? So many questions I can't answer. Rachel and Sierra hug me. My phone rings. I smile, seeing James' number. I answer. "I miss you." I mumble. He chuckles. "Me too. When are you coming back?" "I don't know. I hope soon." "Me too. I'm so bored!" I laugh slightly.

Jason's pov

"So you're coming back with me?" I whisper, an arm around her waist, her head against my chest. "M hm." She says. I smile and kiss her head. "We should head home. I left James by himself." "What's Miranda gonna think about us being back together?" She asks, getting up and getting dressed. I still lay down thinking about it. "I don't know. I'm really worried. She was really upset when me and Kelly broke up. How's she gonna take it knowing me and Taylor are breaking up?" "Maybe we shouldn't do this then Jason." She says, buttoning her shirt back up. I sit up quickly, grabbing her hand. "But Jess, I love you! I wanna be with you. And I'll never put my career over you again, I promise." She bites her lip. "Please baby let me make up for the mistake I made all those years ago. Let's be a family again, please!" A knock at the door makes me jump slightly. "Dad! Rachel and Sierra's dad is here!" Miranda shouts. Crap! I quickly get dressed and grab my gun. "Jason, wait-" "This conversation ain't over yet." I say quickly. I run out the door. "There he is officers, the guy who kidnapped my daughters!" My eyes go wide. The cops point their guns at me. "Drop the gun sir." I set my pistol down. "Wait, listen!" I gasp. "Tell it to the judge!" "No! Wait I didn't kidnap them!" They slap handcuffs on my wrists and the girls' dad smirks at me. "Let my dad go!" I look over my shoulder and my eyes widen in horror. She points the gun at the cop restraining me. "Sweetheart put down the gun." I gasp, shakily. "No! You're innocent! They won't even listen!" "Baby girl, put the gun down! They'll shoot you!" "Better listen to your daddy little girl!" The cop says. I eye him oddly. That's when I realize. These cops are working for that menace! "Miranda, put the gun down now!" I shout. "B-But dad!" The other cop tazes her!!! She drops the gun falling to her knees. "No!! You son of a bitch! Get away from my daughter!" I scream, trying to pull free from the cop and the handcuffs. The other cop picks her up. She's unconscious now! I'm so furious. "Get moving, cowboy!" Jessica appears at the top of the stairs, a hand covering her mouth in horror. I strain to turn around to her. "Baby, whatever you do, get Rachel and Sierra to Kansas! Willie will be able to take care of them and clear my name!" "B-But what about Miranda?" "I'll keep her safe don't you worry!" The cops force me into a cop car and they throw her in not gently at all. I move my cuffed hands to the front. "Baby girl wake up!" I cry, shakily, picking her up into my lap. The cops laugh. I kick the seat in front of me. "You had no right to taze my daughter!" I yell in fury. "Knock it off!" He gripes. I struggle to free my hands. "Knock it off or we'll tase her again just to teach you a lesson." I stop moving for her safety. I'm so worried. She's at least breathing. But she's got a burn mark on her neck from the taser. I'm so pissed. We get to the station. "One kidnapping and the girl held a gun to an officer." He says to the main guy. "How old is she?" "19." My eyes go wide. "What? No she's not! She's only fifteen!" I shout. "Shut up." The cop raises the taser again. "You tase her again, I'll kill you!" I growl through clenched teeth. "Threatening a cop, add that to the list of offenses." Ugh I hate corrupt cops. They uncuff me and put us in a cell. Oh man, how the heck are we gonna get outta this one?