A Day Full Of Surprises

Jason's pov

"Daddy?" I move the ice pack seeing Miranda and her friends. "Me and the girls are hungry. Can we go get pizza in town?" I smile and nod. "Yeah I'm not hungover anymore so I can drive you." We get to town and I drop them off at a pizza place. "Now call me when you're done, I'll be down the road at the bar. You can't wander the streets alone-" "Cause it's dangerous, I got it dad." She interrupts laughing. I smile and pat her head. "I'm sorry about today honey. I shouldn't have been drinking." "It's okay dad. I understand."

Miranda's pov

He gives me forty dollars for dinner and goes to the bar. I walk into the pizza place and me and Sierra and Rachel are hanging out like we used to do when I lived in Macon. "Dad has never done that before." I mumble, thinking. "Maybe you should come back home then. With us, your old school, you won't get beat up." Rachel says. "B-But I don't want to leave my dad. I've had such a great time. Me and daddy are going on tour soon." I nibble on my pizza, thinking hard. Maybe the girls are right. I won't get bullied at school, I'll have my best friends. But I won't have dad again. I don't want to go back to that. "I'm gonna have to think it over a few days."

*later*

Jason's pov

I was talking to my lawyer about custody when my phone buzzes. Oh the girls are done eating dinner. I text her I'll be there in a few minutes. "So you think you can help me? I've got a lot of shit stacked against me." "And we've got one big thing." I'm confused. "And what's that?" "She kidnapped her from you." Huh? "Wait a sec! Isn't that lying?" "Do you want to get that kid or do you wanna be Mr. Nice guy who follows the rules? You said it yourself there's a lot of shit stacked against you." I have to think about this. I'm not one to lie about something so important. But..... I want her to stay with me here in Nashville. I don't want to worry about losing her to Jessica again. "And you can guarantee I will win?" He smiles. "Yes or my name isn't Devin Jackson."

*later*

I pick the girls up, my mind tired from all these worries. People weren't kidding when they say lawyers are liars. But if it gets me my daughter, I'll do anything. "Hey dad," Huh? Has she been calling me for a while? "You zoned out a little there, sir?" Rachel says. "I... Uh... Just thinkin' about stuff. What's up, baby girl?" "I was wanting to take Rachel and Sierra to the hall of fame before they go back home." I smile. "It should be fine." "Dad's got his own exhibit from when he sold out Sanford Stadium." "Yep, I was the first singer ever to play there and it sold out, had my buddies Luke and Luda out with me and the beautiful Mrs. Kelly Clarkson." All of them have shocked looks on their faces. "You know Kelly Clarkson?!" Sierra cries, shocked. I smirk. "Know her? I sing with her, on a regular basis in my shows." They all squeal really loudly. They must be huge fans of Kelly. I can't help but laugh. "Ooh daddy! Can we go meet Kelly? I've always wanted to talk to her! Please oh please." "Calm down hun, you will. She's going on tour with us." They're such fangirls. "Here, how about this, when we get home, how about I call her?" "Yeah!" They all yell. I laugh and tell them to quiet down. We get back home and I call Kelly with the girls sitting excitedly on the couch. "Hey Kelly, can you do me a favor?" "What's that, cowboy?" "Well," I say, scratching my head. "Turns out my daughter and her friends are huge fans." She laughs on the other end, making me laugh. "I know it's pretty funny. But ya think you can come over and make their day before her friends go home tomorrow?" "Are you sure that's not the only reason?" Well, it has been a while. "Ok Kelly, I'll see you in a few hours." We date off and on occasionally but I could never tell Miranda that. She'd go crazy.

*later*

The girls go crazy like I expected. Typical fangirls. It's hilarious watching them. After she does autographs and everything, the girls go to bed. "Thanks for that. The girls were begging me in the car." I sit on the couch beside her. "How'd the subject even get brought up?" My hands tense up. "We uh we were talking about taking her friends to the hall of fame and our Sanford stadium performance." I mumble, looking away. "I missed you... Can't wait for the tour." "M-Me either." She kisses me and my arms instantly wrap around her. "I missed you too." I whisper.

*the next day*

I was working on breakfast when Kelly walked out and kissed my cheek. I smile. "Mornin' darlin'." Jessica is gonna pick Rachel and Sierra up later today.

Miranda's pov

"Ugh mom's picking you guys up today." I mutter covering my face with a pillow. Sierra laughs. "Come on, I'm hungry." She says, moving the pillow. "It's been so good having you guys here." I say. We group hug then walk out to the living room. I'm surprised to see Kelly still here. Her and dad were talking while he made breakfast. "Dad?" He looks over. "Oh uh... Hey girls, didn't know you were awake." He says, nervously. What was going on? Kelly's face is red and so is dad's. What the heck? I'm super confused. "Uh..... Breakfast anyone?" He says.

Jason's pov

That was too close, way too close. Jessica gets here and they go out to meet her. "She can't find out about us." I say, washing the dishes from breakfast. "Why not, Jason?" "I can't. Not until all the business stuff is handled. I don't want-" "Oh shut up and kiss me cowboy." She says, kissing me.

Miranda's pov

I hug mom and my best friends. "Are you sure you don't want to come home with us sweetheart?" Danny asks. I glare at him. "Don't call me that. Daddy calls me that!" I snap. I turn my attention back to mom. "I wanna stay here with dad." I say, hugging her again. "Please don't be mad at me." "I'm not honey, I promise. I love you and I'm sorry I lied about your dad." "It's okay. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go pack for our tour." I say, smiling with excitement. I run back inside. "Hey dad, they're-" I stop short, seeing my dad and Kelly making out. I back up shocked. "W-What?" I gasp. They break apart, red faced. "D-Dad, what's going on?" "I.... Uh.... We....." This is too weird. I back up some more toward my room. "I.... Uh... I'll be in my room." I mumble, running to my room and closing the door.

Jason's pov

Crap, she caught us together. "What do we do?" Kelly asks. I hold her hand. "I'll go talk to her, it'll be fine." I say, kissing her one more time before walking to her room. "I hope."