A Prison Break And A Time Skip

Jason's pov

I hear Jessica's voice. I jump up terrified, my hands still cuffed. I grab the bars, straining to see. Suddenly she runs down the hallway to me. We stare at each other for a few seconds, then she kisses me. I close my eyes, my grip getting tighter on the bars. "Baby where are the girls?" "In Kansas, like you said." She says then looks over my shoulder. She's still unconscious. "When's she gonna wake up?" She whimpers, her voice shaking. I fight back the tears. I don't know. I'm terrified. She hasn't woken up since she got tazed. "Jason! Look!" I turn around and she was waking up. Phew! "Daddy?" She mumbles. I run to her side. "It's okay, baby girl, daddy's here." She sits up.

Miranda's pov

My head is spinning. I put a hand to it and dad hugs me. "Are we..... In jail?" I mumble, worried. "Yeah but mom's gonna get us outta here." He says. I look to the bars and jump down, dizzily. "Mama!" I cry, running to her. We hug through the bars. I jump back terrified when the cop walks by.

Jason's pov

She's afraid of cops now because of this. She shouldn't be afraid of cops. Just those corrupt ones. Poor kid. "I wanna go home." She whimpers. "Willie's working on it." Jess says. I smile. If Willie is on it, we're gonna be okay. A few minutes later, I hear that crazy redneck shouting. God, that man is one kickass dude. A noncorrupt cop unlocks the gate and my cuffs. Instantly I hug my little girl. "You're okay now." She cries against my shoulder. A smiling Willie walks over to me. I smile too and we shake hands. "Thanks, man. What about the girls?" "I'm takin' 'em home with me. They'll be okay." I hold Jess's hand. "I need you to deliver a message for me, Willie."

*later*

Miranda's pov

Mom and dad are back together. I hear the door open. "Hey hun you okay?" Dad asks. I nod. "When are we going home?" He smiles. "After mom packs her stuff up." I smile. I run and hug him. "We're gonna be a family again." I whisper, smiling. "We are, baby girl." He says, hugging me tight. We get back to Nashville and I run to James. He spins me around. "Ugh it feels like I haven't seen you in forever." I laugh and kiss him. "I missed you, James."

Jason's pov

Jess has her hands on my arm as I watch the kids. "How long has she had a boyfriend?" I smile. "Since we first toured together. They're in love." I am glad to be able to say that. "So am I." She whispers. My eyes go wide. She lays her head on my shoulder. I smile down at her.

*the next day*

I wake up to the smell of breakfast cooking. I smile and lay in bed in contentment, so glad to have her back. I walk downstairs where Jess is making breakfast at the stove. I wrap my arms around her waist and kiss her. "I missed you so much, Jess." "I missed you too, Jason."

Miranda's pov

James turns over and smiles at me. "Next time you go outta town, I'm comin' with." He says, playfully tapping my nose. I laugh and snuggle into his chest. "Yeah. Did I tell you I was put in jail?" He kisses my head then my neck. "I've got a badass girlfriend." He whispers, running fingers down my back. I shiver and he kisses me some more. "I wanna be with you forever." He whispers. "Me too."

*sorry for the time skip*
*4 years later*

Jason's pov

Miranda finishes packing. I loaded up her Chevy, me and Jess both trying not to cry. My little girl is all grown up and going to college with James. She hugs me. "I'll keep in touch. I'll miss you." "I'll miss you too baby girl." I checked the oil and slammed the hood. I turn around to my tiny family that's growing. Jessica is six months pregnant. "Call me when the baby gets here." She says, hugging her. Jessica goes inside and James is packing up the last of their stuff. "I'm kinda scared dad." She says, looking up at me. "Scared about what baby girl?" "I have never been away from home other than touring." "When you get back, we'll go on an extra long tour." I say, smiling. "I don't know if I can do it!" She gasps. Oh now I get it. I hug her tight. "You're gonna love who you turn out to be." "But how do you know? What if this is a mistake?" "Sweetheart, it's not a mistake. You're gonna do great." She wipes the tears from her eyes. "I love you princess." "I love you too daddy!" I hug her and then James comes out. The pile in the truck. I shake his hand and they head off to the west coast. "You did great, Jason." I turn around to Jess. "My little girl is all grown up." I say, smiling. She walks over, I sling an arm around her waist. "She'll be back." She says. "I know. I can't wait either." She smiles. I kiss her gently on the lips. "When this little girl is born, I won't mess up this time." "I know you won't."