Blame And A Day Out

Miranda's pov

Dad and his band are practicing their music before the show. Me and James are listening to it. Taylor walks over. "Hey girl, can we talk for a minute?" She asks. I smile and stand up. "Sure." Me and Taylor go back to the bus. "What's up?" I ask. "Well, um... I'm not sure how to tell you this but me and your dad like each other." My eyes go wide. "You do?" "Yeah. I hope it doesn't freak you out." I shake my head. "Just don't leave him like Mrs. Kelly did." I say, still frustrated about that. Just then dad comes on the bus. "Now honey, you really didn't know what happened between me and Kelly." "Well what happened then? She just left! Why would she leave me!? I cared about her!" I gasp, fighting back tears and failing. He hugs me. "Just cause me and her aren't together anymore doesn't mean she doesn't still love you. She does hun. We just we have a weird relationship. You're too young to understand." "How old do I have to be to understand?" I whimper, crying into his shirt. "I miss Mrs. Kelly." "I know you do sweetheart but there's nothing I can do. Let's just go to bed."

*later*

I can't sleep. Why did she leave? I get up and get a glass of milk to calm my nerves.

Jason's pov

I hear moving around out there. I get up, being careful not to wake Taylor. Miranda and James were sitting on the couch. "Did she leave because of me?" My pace quickens. "No, of course not!" He gasps. I take a deep breath and walk out there. "Sweetheart." She quickly looks up startled. "Oh I hope we didn't wake you." She mumbles. "Of course not. Come here hun." She starts crying again and I hug her tight. "It wasn't your fault. None of it was. Don't dwell on it, it'll eat you alive, I should know." We sit on the couch. "You mean you and mom right?" I nod. She wipes her eyes. "No more crying over this?" I ask, wiping a tear off my little girl's cheek. She nods. "How about in the morning me and Taylor take you and James for breakfast?" She smiles. "Yeah I'd like that." I smile and kiss her forehead. "I knew you would. Now go get some sleep." She hugs me. "Thanks dad. You always know how to cheer me up." "I love you darlin'." "I love you too daddy."

*the next day*

I think I can really make a life with Taylor. I really really like her. I shake her awake. "Hey sleeping beauty." I say. She smiles. "We're gonna take the kids out for breakfast so you should be getting up and getting ready." She laughs and sits up. "Yes sir." She says, fakely saluting me. I laugh and she shuts that up with a kiss. My hands on her arms in surprise I smile in our kiss and sit beside her on the bed as we make out.

Miranda's pov

Me and James are ready and waiting for dad and Taylor. Ugh what's taking them? Twenty minutes later, they walk out ready to go. "Let's go get breakfast." Dad says, enthusiastically. I glare at the ground. "It's more like lunch now." I say annoyed. He ruffles my hair. "It don't matter what time of day, just so long as it's breakfast food." He says. I smile, his enthusiasm contagious. We go to a waffle house and I get bacon and eggs, James gets a chocolate chip pancake with eggs, Taylor gets a salad and dad gets three chocolate chip brown sugar syrup waffles with bacon, grits, and toast, and scrambled eggs. I laugh. "Food fit for a king." He smiles. "I go all out when it comes to waffles. I love waffles." I laugh again and scarf down my bacon and eggs.

*later*

"Who's up for dessert?" Daddy asks. My jaw drops. "You're joking me, dad! You just ate all that and you're still hungry!" He laughs. "Maybe you're right." He says. I smile and cross my arms in satisfaction. "Of course I'm right." "Either way, you waiter, your dessert menu please!" He calls. I roll my eyes and cover them with my hands. Meanwhile everyone else is laughing. "My dad is so embarassing!" I gasp, trying not to laugh myself.