Daddy's New Girlfriend

Jason's pov

I open her door and she's reading a book on her bed. "Sweetheart, can we talk?" She nods. I close the door and sit on the edge of the bed. "You okay? I mean after catching me and Kelly like that." "Yeah. It's fine dad. I just didn't expect it and I wanted to give you privacy." Oh man I love this kid. "Man, you've got a good head on your shoulders." "It's awesome to imagine Mrs. Kelly being my step mom." My eyes go wide. "Now I never said we were ever gonna get married!" "Well I know.... But usually that's what happens." I stand up. I don't think that's gonna happen between me and Kelly. I walk back into the living room and Kelly stands by the door, looking worried. "I'm gonna go Jason, see you next week for the tour." "Wait, Kelly, you don't have to leave, Miranda's fine with us. You can stay. I want you to stay." She bites her lip worried. "I don't know. I feel like I shouldn't." "It's alright baby, she's okay. In fact, I was about to watch more of her baby videos if you'd like to join me." She smiles. "Ok." So we sit on the couch and I call Miranda out. "We're gonna watch more baby videos, ya wanna watch too?" "Yeah sure. She sits on the couch and I put a tape in and click play. I turn back around and sit in the middle of my girls.

*later*

Kelly is asleep on my shoulder and Miranda is asleep on my leg. I smile and watch them sleep. "My girls." I whisper, kissing Miranda's head. I slip put from under them and go to the kitchen.

Miranda's pov

I smell apple pie. I wake up and see the video is over. I click stop and put it back then hear dad in the kitchen. Mrs. Kelly is still asleep. "Daddy?" "Huh? Miranda?" "Yeah." "Come on in here." I walk into the kitchen where he's making an apple pie and eating cut up apples. He slices one and hands it to me. "Sweetheart, we need to talk about somethin' important." "If it's about Mrs. Kelly-" He chuckles and shakes his head. "It's not about Kelly. Pretty soon, you're gonna have to make a choice." He says. "A choice? What kind of-" "Do you wanna stay with me or mom?" He asks, catching me off guard. I don't know. I've been debating for days now on going back to Macon. "I.... I'm... I'm not sure. I mean I love staying here with you... But mom..." I just don't know. "Hey it's okay, sweetheart. No need to cry." I didn't even realize I was. He hugs me. "I... Just... I don't wanna lose you again daddy." His grip gets tighter. "You won't lose me again baby girl. I promise. If you choose your mama, I'll still be here for you. And I'll always love you." I cry against his shoulder. I don't know what to do! The oven beeps. He gets the pie out.

Jason's pov

I didn't mean to make her cry. "It's alright. It's not for another several weeks." We do the tour then the shit with Jessica. "Don't cry. We'll worry about it later. Here have some pie." She wipes her eyes and smiles. "Thanks Dad." I smile and ruffle her hair and we eat apple pie at 1 AM.