Disobeying The Rules

Jason's pov

It's a week before we kick off the tour and Miranda wants to go out with her friends one more time so they're gonna go to the mall. "Now be back by ten okay?" "You got it dad." She says and waves. I smile and watch them leave in Rachel's Cadillac. I sit on the couch with my newspaper.

Miranda's pov

I pick out a new outfit which was a blue sequin top that said daddy's rockstar and dark blue torn jeans. We still have four hours til curfew so what should we do? "What should we do now?" I ask, putting my bags in Rachel's car. ""Hey how about we hit the club downtown?" Sierra suggests. I fiddle with a loose strand on my shirt. "I don't know. We probably shouldn't." "Oh come on girl, live a little. While you're still young." Rachel says, slinging an arm around my shoulders. I smile and give in. "Alright let's go have fun!"

*a few hours later*

I was sitting at the bar when a guy sat next to me. I smile. "Buy ya a driink?" He asks. "I uh I'm underage, just hanging out." I say, blushing. "Just a coke then?" "Yeah that'll be nice." He orders me a coke and asks my name. "Miranda. What about you, cowboy?" He chuckles and takes his cowboy hat off. "Jimmy." He says. "How old are you?" We ask at the same time. We both laugh. "Ok at the same time?" I ask. He nods. "15." "18." His eyes go wide. Uh oh. "You're really underage." He says, smiling. Uh... I look away.

Jason's pov

It's going on ten. Where is that girl? I call her phone. But it goes to voicemail. "Miranda, it's me. Pick up young lady, it's past your curfew. Where are you?" Ugh, I'm really starting to get worried. She's out there alone!

Miranda's pov

"Maybe we could go back to my place?" Jimmy suggests. I shake my head and pick up my purse. "I really have to be going. It's getting late." I find my friends but Jimmy grips me around the waist. "Please let go of me." I gasp, my voice strained. My phone rings and I go to answer but he grabs my phone and pockets it! "Hey! What are you-" He turns me around and kisses me. I struggle to pull free. "Let me go!" I snap annoyed.

Jason's pov

I pace the floor, my worry through the roof. She won't answer her phone and she's going on 11:30! That's it! I grab my keys and get in my truck. I park my truck and jump out. "Have you seen this girl?" I ask the nearest guy. He shakes his head. I ask several more but no one has seen her! I try calling her again but I still don't get an answer.

Miranda's pov

Jimmy forces me outside. Sierra and Rachel are waiting for me. I try to call out to them but he covers my mouth. "I'll take her home girls." He calls. Tears fill my eyes! Dad wasn't kidding when he said the streets of Nashville are dangerous! "Please don't hurt me!" I cry, shaking. His grip on my arm gets tighter. "Of course not. Why would I hurt you?" He says, kissing me again. I turn my head away. "I really need to get home." I say, trying to get away! "Have you seen this girl?" Dad! I struggle to turn around. "Daddy!" I screech.

Jason's pov

Huh? I spin around. "Daddy! Help!" That's Miranda's voice! I take off running in the direction I heard it and this guy won't let go of her. "Hey! Get your damn hands off my daughter!" I scream. "Daddy!" "What the hell are you doing in downtown!? I thought you were at the mall!" The jerk clamps a hand over her mouth and she's crying. "Let her go, boy!" I snap, furious.

Miranda's pov

I'm so scared. I've never seen dad so mad! I kick my leg back and nail him in the groin! He releases me and I run to dad who wraps his arms around me. He calls the cops on the pervert and takes me and the girls back home. He scrunches his eyes in anger. "I'd like to know how in the hell did you wind up in downtown!" "We got done shopping and we had a few hours-" Sierra starts. "I told you how dangerous Nashville is at night. We have some fucked up whackjobs! You should've come home! And you went to a club! You're underage! If anything would've happened.... Man, I'm so mad!" He stomps off to the other room. I cry in my hands. "What's gonna happen?" Rachel asks. I shrug, staring at my feet. Dad comes back out. "Your mother might use this against me. Do you want to be taken away from me!?" "Of course not!" I cry, standing up. "I'm sorry!" "Just.... Go to your room. I'll call Rachel and Sierra's mom to come pick them up." He's so mad. I shakily walk to my room with the girls still on the couch.

*later*

I was just starting to drift off to sleep when the door opens. I wipe my eyes when Sierra and Rachel hug me goodbye then dad comes in. I look away. "I'm sorry I got so mad, but that guy coulda done something terrible if I didn't find you in time. You can't be on the streets by yourself. You know that." I wipe more tears. "I know I'm so sorry! Please don't send me back to Macon!" I sob. He hugs me tight. "I'm not sending you back to Georgia, I promise but I am gonna have to punish you. And I really don't want to do that." "Ok, I understand." He stands back up. "I'll have to think about it though cause I've never punished a kid before. So just stay in your room and I'll come get you when I think of something. And no texting your friends." I set my phone on the table by my bed. "I won't. I'm sorry dad, I love you." He smiles. "I love you too. And I'm glad you're okay." He leaves the room, closing my door behind him. Thank goodness everything turned out okay. Dad isn't sending me back. He's mad but he doesn't hate me. And I know for a fact that I'm never doing anything like that again!