Taehyung~ Don't Fall In Love With Me

-

"No..no, you can't. You can't fall in love with me." Taehyung gave me his solemn, blank face as he bit on his lip and looked down.

"Why won't you just let me love you?..a-are you afraid of me hurting you? You know I would never-" By then, there were tears slowly rolling down my cheeks.

"No. I'm afraid..afraid of hurting you."

- Two Weeks Earlier -

I was on FaceTime with my annoying best friend Junhui.

"So I was like, 'yeah bitch, squad up if you want to fight. I'm through with your bull. Fight me.' And she actually punched me in my face." I snickered.

"Well..she is a six year-old girl. They get pretty pissed when you try to steal their Barbie dolls."

He shrugged and brushed his hair. "Eh, whatever. I prefer Polly Pocket anyways."

I playfully rolled my eyes and sipped on the horrible juice that the nurses served me. I hate hospital food.

"Just don't hurt my little sister, Junhui. You're supposed to be watching over her while I'm here, not fighting her."

Jun's face then got serious as he looked down and fiddled with his fingers. "So, uh..how you feeling?" I smiled weakly as I coughed hard and covered my mouth with the napkin sitting on my tray. My throat was on fire. "Still alive, I guess. I don't have much time left, though."

I can tell his eyes was glossy when I said that. "Don't say that, Christine! You'll get through this. I know you will. Don't ever say that again!"

"Hey, that's what the doctor told me. He sure as hell didn't sugarcoat it, and I won't either! I'm dying Junhui! There's no way around it." His head went down after my blunt response. I sighed and wiped my eyes. "I'm sorry Jun..I'm sorry. It's just- I've been really stressed lately and this is really hard for me."

Just a few months back, I was diagnosed with stage four cancer. It's really taking a toll on me considering the fact that I'm at the young age of nineteen, but cancer never gives a fuck how old you are, it just takes over.

Now that I don't have much time left, I try to spend every little minute with my little sister Aeda and Junhui.

He nodded, but I heard soft sniffing coming from his end. Due to my HD camera, I could clearly see him crying silently to himself. "I know, I know..but can you just at least let me believe that you'll be okay?"

I smiled softly and touched the screen as if I was touching him. "I love you Junhui. Always have, always will. Thank you for always being there for me."

He wiped his eyes, but tears kept falling. "Stay strong for me Junhui, and for Aeda."

He hummed weakly as he looked into the camera.

"I love you too Christine. I'll talk to you in the morning, hopefully." He almost made me cry, but I held it in for his sake. I just simply waved goodbye as I signed out and closed my laptop. I sighed as a single tear fell, but I quickly wiped it.

"Was that your boyfriend?" I looked towards the door and noticed a tall, striking guy standing there. He had a look of timid and simple written all over him. I was starstruck. I never seen anyone like him.

"Uh, hi. Who are you?" He chuckled and came closer to my bed, but he stopped a few steps away as he knew about a person's personal space. "I'm Taehyung. I volunteer here at the hospital for community service, and for the food, of course." I giggled as I shook my head. "You can't be serious. This food is horrible."