♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #18 ♡

WARNING: I UPDATED TWICE ALREADY TODAY SO MAKE SURE YOU'VE READ BOTH OF THOSE BEFORE READING THIS!!

Dedication: bitchslayyyy I don't remember if I've dedicated a chapter to you or not but come on... Your username is great XD Also thanks for supporting my books :) 

IMPORTANT Pre-Author's Note: Can you guys help get this book to rank above #80 (our highest) in short story for me? You've just got to vote and comment as much as you can! So inline commenting is great if you're on your phone :) It'd mean a lot to me! We're currently at #121!

-

Stretching my arms above my head, I breathe out a yawn before rubbing the sleep from my eyes. Best sleep ever, I think happily as I roll onto my left side, Strange dream though.

Remembering that it's Monday, I open my sleep stricken eyes and instantly groan at the digits emanating from my alarm clock. 

9:46AM

Fudgeballs, I missed first and second period. Oh well, school's exhausting, I deserve a day off anyway. I've been way too stressed out about all my classes and assessments that it's becoming detrimental to my sleeping pattern. My emotional state too.

A knock at my door makes me jump, my eyes darting towards it curiously, "Who's there?"

"Your mother. I thought I didn't hear you leave this morning, why aren't you going to school, honey?"

Like she cares.

I don't say what I'm thinking and decide to lie instead, "Uh, n-not feeling very well." My voice shakes and I stutter on my words.

Okay, so I suck at lying, sue me. I don't do it very often.

"Hmm, are you sure? I better come in there and check your temperature." She says, suspicion lacing her tone. 

Shallots, what am I going to do? She'll figure out that I'm lying. But then an idea comes to my mind causing me to grin proudly. Gosh, I'm smart sometimes.

Hearing the door knob begin to turn, I quickly lift my hand to my forehead and begin rubbing it, creating friction. I do this until my mum walks in, her dusty pink robe clothing her body.

Well thank God for that.

I keep my hand laid over my forehead dramatically, screwing up my face like I'm in pain and wait for her frail body to reach me.

"You don't look too good," She announces with skepticism before placing her soft, cold hand on my forehead, "You don't feel too good either. Quite warm actually." With finality in her voice, Mum pulls away and looks at me in sympathy, "You poor thing, would you like me to call the doctor and make an appointment?"

"No!" I yell before coughing to cover up my obviousness, "No, it's just a fever and a bit of a cough, I'll rest and be good by tomorrow. If I'm not, then you can call the doctor, okay?" Her face lightens slightly in relief before she nods.

"Alright, Darling. I'll be leaving you to rest now." She smiles warmly, making her way out of my room.

That was close.