♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #4 ♡

Dedication: @These_Little_Wonders wow, just thanks you for your sweet message, and all your comments! They really mean a lot! x

Do you ever feel like being yourself isn't good enough?

Like, nothing you ever do can please people, such as your parents, friends, or teachers. As if you can't get anything right in life.

Then you lose that hope you used to have, until everything is just grey. Until everything feels so damn bland, it needs some flavour. But where do you find it? Because that's the hardest part.

How do you find the unknown?

But then again, why bother trying, right? You feel untalented, when everyone around you has at least one. You feel unwanted in a crowd of want. You feel unintelligent among the smart. You feel weird around the usual. 

And, you feel unloved around the loved.

That's how I feel.

That's how I've always felt.

Tugging on the hem of my panda sweater, I look out the classroom as Mr Cross rambles on about Jane Austen. At least I think we're still on that topic. I don't bother listening anymore, not when there are so many other issues in the world that is more important than stupid high school.

Why do I need to know about a dead author? When there are people being murdered right now? Women miscarrying, people being raped, people overdosing. People self-harming, and committing suicide.

God, there's a whole list of world problems that's more important than this.

Hearing an uproar of noise, I glance around the classroom to see everyone leaving. The bell must have finally rung, I think as I quickly gather my things too.

"Hazel, dear, are you alright? You haven't seemed to be your enthusiastic self these last few months." Mr Cross stands in front of my desk, a crease between his brows. 

First my Uncle, next my English teacher? Yay.

"I'm fine, thank you. I just haven't been getting a lot of sleep." Well, it's not a complete lie.

"Alright, if you're sure." 

"I'm sure." Smiling slightly, I try to not make it look urgent as I leave the uncomfortable class.

Except, it's like I can't catch a break, because guess who I run into - literally - when I just get tout the door?

Trent.

His arms wrap themselves around my waist just before I fall, but don't let go once I'm standing. 

"Just the girl I wanted to see." His hazel-brown eyes glance down my body, checking me out, and I shove him away.

"Yeah well, this girl doesn't want to see you." I hiss, before storming off.

Asshole thinks that he can just act like nothing's happen, and I'll willingly fall into his arms? Ugh, Men.

"Are you seriously walking away from me right now?" 

"I'm trying." Moving my legs faster down the hall of students, Trent follows me just a step behind.

"Stop being stupid."

Skidding to a halt, I spin around at an inhuman speed, "Me? Stupid? I'm not the one who gave their girlfriend an ultimatum that goes against their morals, then leave them because they don't tell them who they used to have a crush on."

Trent steps forward until we're face to face, a glare on mine, and a smirk on his, "Oh trust me-"

"Yeah, no one's doing that anytime soon." Suddenly I'm pulled back, and onto a warm, strong body. Looking up, I see Hunter casually smiling to himself as if he's having an internal comedian showdown. At least, that's before he catches my eyes with his, sending me a wink.