♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #28 (Part Two) ♡

|| IMPORTANT: I UPDATED YESTERDAY TOO - YOU HAVE TO READ THAT BEFORE THIS FOR IT TO MAKE MORE SENSE || hAPPY THanksGIVIng to those who celebrate it :) I'm thankful for all of you ||

It's like there's a clock in my head, ticking away by the second. Butterflies are in my stomach as Ivy links her arm through mine, waiting with me. Turning my head, I look at my sister's smiling face and return her smile with an anxious one.

"Hey, you okay?"

I consider her question for a moment, thinking of all the different answers I could give, but don't. "Yeah, fine. Just... What if it doesn't work?"

Ivy laughs lightly, laying her head on my shoulder, "Oh trust me, it will."

Trying to act as though I'm not the least bit nervous is proving to be difficult as I sit here with Ivy, in Chaymore High School's dull, mediocre cafeteria. I look around, trying to distract myself from the anxiety building in my chest. Observing the rows of plastic tables, I suddenly become very aware of the amount of people staring at me.

I'm not surprised, not after yesterday. Not after the show that Veronica put on. 

That little-

"Look, it's the freak!" A voice interrupts my thoughts. I feel Ivy stiffen and follow her line of sight to Tess. Wait, hold on. Did Tess really just say that?

Well, shit on me much.

Tess Hart - my former best friend - stands in front of Ivy and I with Olivia by her side. Though, Olivia has "uncomfortable" written all over her. My guess is that she doesn't want to be in this situation; well hey, neither do I.

Standing up, Ivy stands with me, still holding my arm in support. "Tess." I greet her from a metre or two away.

"I read the posters." She laughs. Wow, who knew she was so damn horrible.

"Cool, so have everyone else. Your point?" I ask dismissively, wanting to get this painful conversation out of the way. I can't believe I was best friends with her for so long. She used to be semi-nice. I mean, of course, she was extremely selfish and never thought about me, but she was cool sometimes. Then she came out of the closet, got a girlfriend and started thinking she was better than everyone. Started acting like she's better than anyone else.

"Funny," She spoke sarcastically before scoffing, "I just never realised how psychotic you are. Who knew, right? No wonder you threw someone like me away as a friend."

"Tess, stop, let's just go." Olivia tries, sending me an apologetic smile. At least she's still kind.

"No, Liv, say out of this. I'm just letting the freak know that she doesn't deserve someone as awesome as me in her life."

"Wow," I drag out the word in amazement and hear Ivy chuckle beside me, "And I see your ego has increased dramatically."

"I see your body fat has 'increased dramatically'" Tess snaps back quickly and Olivia gasps.

"Tess! You're being mean, please just stop this." Olivia begs her girlfriend, trying to pull her away.

"It's okay, Olivia," I smile, letting her know I don't blame her for Tess' behaviour. After all, this doesn't seem like it was her idea. Nor does it seem like she wants this to be happening.

Just as I'm about to respond to Tess' comment, static erupts from the PA speakers. I share a nervous glance with Ivy and try to mentally prepare myself what's about to go down.

"Just admit it, Ver, you've been purposefully going out of your way to destroy Hazel's life!" Hunter's voice echoes throughout the cafeteria and all the students fall silent. Here's the deal: Hunter has a mini, wireless mic attached to his shirt connected to the PA system, allowing what he says to playback through the speakers - at least, that's how Liam explained it. I'm not really tech-savvy but yeah, Hunter's trying to get Veronica to confess everything she's been doing, for everyone to hear.