♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #11 ♡

Dedication: blueoceanskies thank you so much for your votes and comments! :) xx

When it feels like a knife's cutting through my heart, I stop breathing. My aunt died because of Hunter's dad. His dad was the driver who killed her and ruined my life after that night. How come Hunter never told me this before? Was he pretending to be my friend this whole time to get at me?

Because he knows what my dad did to me. He knows his dad was the one who tipped mine off the edge a year and a half ago. That's probably why he showed up at the hospital four months ago and-

"Hazel!" Hunter calling my name hurts just as much as his previous words, "Breathe, Hazel, breathe."

Gasping, I look up in my frantic state and see Hunter gazing intently at me. Pretending that he's actually worried. Realising that I still had my hand over his, I quickly snatch it away as if I had touched a burning hot flame. I back away from him, ignoring the 'hurt' and 'guilt' in his eyes.

"Hazy-Bear..." He trails off, watching me crawl off the bed.

"Don't call me that." I whisper, not completely sure if he hears me.

"I'm sorry, I honestly wanted to tell you as soon as I found out. But, I was - am - scared that you'd hate me." His answer's quiet too but I hear him loud and clear.

I think about what he said before I make a decision and sit on the edge of the bed.

Sighing, I look up at him, "I don't hate you but I don't trust you anymore. I feel betrayed. I'm not going to do the classic 'jump to conclusions, never hear you out and end up doing something reckless' sort of thing. Which is why I'm not making you leave straight away. Because I know you wouldn't intentionally hurt me, even if that's the first thing that came to my mind."

Hunter nods, amazement flooding his features, "I would never ever deliberately hurt you. Ever."

"Thank you." I mutter, looking away before frowning, "How long have you known?"

"Um," The space between his brows creases, "Just before I saw you in the hospital."

"So what? You're only my friend out of guilt then?"

So much for not jumping to conclusions, Hazel.

"Hazel-" He tries reaching out, but I stand up and cross my arms. More because I need the support.

"Did you kiss me because you felt guilty?" My eyes fly to my feet as soon as the words fall from my lips. Stupid, stupid, stupid, why would you ask him that?

Caught up in mentally beating myself up, I don't notice Hunter in front of me until I feel his hand on my left cheek.

"Why do people usually kiss someone?" He asks, so close that his body is almost touching mine.

Clearing my throat, I slowly drag my eyes up to meet his curious - and slightly annoyed? - ones. And I totally don't check him out along the way. Nope, because that would be inappropriate.

"I don't know." I watch humour flicker in his eyes, annoyance being forgotten.

"I think you do know." He grins, running his thumb along my cheekbone. Goosebumps scatter along my skin as he does this, my stomach fluttering.

"You usually kiss someone when you like them." Mumbling, I go to look down, but Hunter places his other hand on the side of my neck, just below my jaw, stopping me from doing so.

"Exactly, Hazy-Bear. And trust me when I say this," He leans in closer, now only a couple of inches away and my breath catches in my throat, "I do like you. I like you so freaking much."

Pause. Hesitation. Thought.

"I-I like you too, Hunter" I whisper, breathing the same air as him. As we both lean forward, somewhere along the way, our lips meet.

At first, it's just a soft press. Maybe he's waiting to see my reaction, or maybe I'm waiting to see his. Both of us not completely sure yet. Then, I place my hands against his chest, feeling his strong heartbeat as he slides his hands down to my waist. It's then that the intensity changes.

His arms wrap around my lower back, pulling me flush against him. As our lips move more certainly, I move my hands up and tangle my fingers in his soft, black hair. Hunter groans into the kiss, and I smile which apparently causes him to do the same thing.

What a wonderful feeling this is. I can't exactly explain it, but it's drastically different from my kisses with Trent. The contrast is shocking. It's in the way Hunter holds me, how he's tentative and sweet with his lips. And even though the kiss may be slow, it's still more passionate than any of the fast ones Trent used to give me.

A small bite on my bottom lip pulls me from my thoughts and I gasp at the sensuality of it. With my heart racing, Hunter grips my waist tighter as he gives me one more soft kiss, before resting his forehead against mine.

Kissing my nose, Hunter laughs a little.

"What?" I murmur quietly, not wanting to break the moment, "What's funny?"

He shakes his head side to side, "It's just that I never thought I'd get to kiss you again. Plus, there's also the fact that only ten minutes ago, I'm pretty sure you were ready to never talk to me again."

He's right. I was planning on having space from him for a while to think about the revelation that is his dad. I never thought I'd end up with his lips against mine. But I guess some things don't happen the way you plan them to.

"Truthfully? I was going to ask for time to process." I laugh before smiling sadly, "The thing is, my dad wouldn't be the way he is if it wasn't for that night. He wouldn't have h-hurt me if my aunt didn't die. He wouldn't hate me either."

A tears crawls down my cheek but is quickly wiped away by the sweet guy in front of me, "I'm so damn sorry, Hazel. I'm sure he doesn't hate you, he just needs help."

"Hopefully. I made him get checked into rehab instead of calling the police. I didn't want that for him, he's still my dad." I say, another tear falling, except this time, I wipe it away myself, "It's just hard to deal with, and I don't like admitting that I'm not okay."

Surprisingly, I don't mind confessing this to Hunter. He makes me feel safe and like I can tell him anything. Even if he kept his father a secret from me. I understand he didn't want to hurt me, and I understand that it's his dad. I can't blame him for something his dad did. That'd be unfair if I did.

"I know, but please call me if you ever need someone to talk to or lean on, because I'm always here for you."

"Thank you."

"No, thank you."

And for the second time tonight, we kiss.

* * *

So, everyone finally got what they wanted, yay! XD HUNZEL KISSED.

I wonder what that means though?

Will they pretend it never happened?

Or

Will they get together?

Stay tuned to find out ;)

I feel like I'm an advertisement XD

Anyway, I updated two days in a row! Whoop, whoop! I'll try write the next chapter after school/tonight so I can upload it tomorrow morning.

Also, no, you're not crazy, there is no reply entry in this chapter! It wouldn't have fit in and would've been weird if she randomly left to read one, so that's why this is part ONE of chapter 11 :) The next part (with the reply entry) will be in the next update! <3

QOTC: Did their first (second) kiss live up to your standards? XD

- Chloe x