♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #25 (Part Two) ♡

I've been spacing out all morning. I can't think exactly. My mind is jumbled up and won't sort out enough for me to hold a conversion with anyone. 

Even Ivy.

"Then she was like 'your hair is so ugly' so then I was like 'well your face is ugly' and did the whole Z formation thing with my hands and-" That's when I zone out as I continue to eat my cornflakes.

"Hello? Are you even listening to me?" My head snaps up, my tired green eyes meeting hers. She's in the middle of tying her hair up into a ponytail as she raises her eyebrows at me suspiciously.

"Um, to be honest? No, not really." I shrug, admiring how beautiful my sister is - not in a creepy way. I'm not just referring to her gorgeous looks, but her personality is honestly great. She's funny, kind - most of the time, honest, loyal, and the best sister I could ever ask for. 

Ivy finishes with her hair before walking over to where I'm sitting, surprising me by wrapping her smaller arms around my neck in a hug. "You probably don't want to talk about it right now, but I hope everything's okay, Sis."

I let go of my spoon and wrap my arms around her gratefully, "Thank you," I whisper, "It's nothing too bad, don't worry."

Sighing, Ivy pulls away, wearing a mask of concern, "Even if it's not, I'm always here for you."

"I know." I smile at her, genuinely appreciative of her, "Aren't I just the luckiest sister in the world to have you?"

She laughs, tipping her head back as she taps my head, "Yup, you sure are." Then she's off to her room - most likely to apply makeup for school. 

Already ready for school, I begin making my way to the lounge. Sitting down, I notice my schoolbag on the cushion next to me. I contemplate for a minute before grabbing the white notebook out of it.

I hold it in my hands and just stare. This whole time I've been reading Prince Charming's beautiful words and it has been Hunter. This entire time. Despite the hurt and confusion I'm feeling, I open the hardcovered book, wanting to read more.

This time though - I know who's behind the pen.

Reply Entry #25

Dear Hazel,

Trent is such a goddamn asshole! But I'm glad you finally confronted him about the sex thing. I'm really proud of you, you know?

I know it's weird that you don't know me and I don't know you, and here I am telling you I'm proud of you. But it's true. I can't help how I feel. I only want what's best for you and that's not Trent.

He's the opposite of that. He's a poodle.

You deserve better. Jesus, you deserve the world, Hazel. Why can't you see that?

Do you even know how much it upsets me to read that you're debating suicide? Suicide isn't the freaking answer. And I know you might think it is, but it's not.

It's just the easy way out. That's all it is. It's selfish, Hazel. I understand that life is hard, that it can really suck sometimes. But we need those bad times to balance out the good times.

Otherwise, think about it, life would get boring. If everything was good all the time, then good would end up making us depressed. We would never grow as people, or develop into our own independent selves, if there's nothing to learn from. No mistakes, no embarrassing moments, no horrible experiences, no bad relationships.