♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #17 ♡

Dedication: roxydiva54 hey girl, thank you so much for voting on my books! Your support means a lot! :) x

Reply Entry #17

Dear Hazel,

That's amazing! I'm so happy for you! It's great to hear that your mother talked to you and gave you advice! Even if it was about the idiot 'Trenton'.

I can't stand that douche. Can you tell? He just really grinds on my nerves. I'm sorry, I just don't want you to get hurt and I know what he's like.

But enough about him for now, let's get back to your mum. Now that's at least someone worth my ink.

I hope that your mum starts talking to you some more, like, I hope that wasn't a one time thing! You deserve happiness and with everything that's going on with your father, you deserve a mother who's there for you through it. I understand she gets the blunt of your dad's anger but she should still try to be there for her children. Isn't that what parents are supposed to do?

Both of our parents need a copy of 'Parenting 101'.

Whatever ends up happening, just know that there are people who do truly love you, always. They're around you and are there for you, just look at your best friend (Tess, is it?) and your uncle. I bet they'll never leave you, because who could ever do that to such an incredible girl?

If I was your friend - or more - I would never leave you unless you genuinely wanted me too.

Bye,

Prince Charming xo

'Wow' is all that runs through my head as I trace my fingers over the black, carved words. I feel a single tear slide down my cheek and land on the dark ink. How can someone I don't know effect me so much? What he wrote really makes me think.

Of how I haven't really talked to Mum since the incident. Of how I haven't seen or talked to Uncle Willow since we had that falling out. Of how I no longer have Tess as a best friend. Of how I sent my dad to rehab instead of getting him put in jail because he's still my dad. Of how I have a boyfriend now. Of how weird my sister has been acting since her birthday party. Of how Veronica picks on me. Of how I don't know who 'Prince Charming' is. Of how Liam has been acting weird also. Of how this is my second to last year of high school.

Of how this is Hunter's and Liam's last year of high school, what happens then?

I draw in a deep breath and exhale it slowly, giving myself the time to calm down. Because after all, Hunter and Liam should be back soon; they just went to get some pizza for lunch. That's when I took the opportunity to read another reply entry.

Getting to my feet is easier said than done. Disequilibrium rushes through me as I quickly hold onto my bed. Once the ground stops spinning, I put the white notebook away and make my way to the kitchen. I get a glass and twisting the water tap, I fill my tall glass to the brim.

Lifting the edge of the glass to me lips, I begin titling it, allowing the clear water to flow between my slightly chapped lips.

"Hello, Honey, I didn't know you were home." My glass almost slips out of my hand before I clutch it tighter and spin around. There, standing timidly at the kitchen doorway, is my mother. With her tousled caramel hair and striking, sad blue eyes.

"Oh. Um, yeah." I mumble, shocked to see her home or even out of her room. She may not realise it, but she somehow manages to avoid Ivy and I, which is ironic considering we all live in the same medium-sized house.

She walks further into the kitchen, giving me a small, dysfunctional smile on her way past. When she reaches the fridge, I assume she's going to make herself coffee and quickly speak up.

"There's no milk. Or coffee for that matter." I say aloud awkwardly, trying not to sound bitter at the fact that she hasn't done the shopping the past two weeks. I've had to go out a couple times to get bread and milk with money from my piggy bank - yes, I still have one of those. I probably could have asked mum for it, but that would involve confrontation.

Which has been avoided successfully for five months before now.

Guilt flutters across Mum's weathered features as she averts eye contact. I guess I should be more nice, after all, she's been through a lot.

"But if you're hungry, Hunter and Liam - uh, my friends - have gone out to get pizza and should be back at any minute." I offer, glancing out the window, hoping that they would hurry up already.

"Thank you, but I think I'll just go to the store to get some groceries - healthy food." Half smiling, she grabs her purse off the counter and is already out of the kitchen before I can reply. I mean, my mother just smiled, properly. Well kind of. At least it was real and not sad for once.

I must stand in the middle of the kitchen thinking for a good amount of time, because before I know it, two deep - and loud - voices come booming through the house.

Well, I guess the boys are back then.

Rearranging myself to lean against the counter, I put my glass down and laugh when I hear Liam distinctly say "I don't care about your stupid problems right now, I just want to eat the pizza already."

Their voices begin to fade, and I begin walking to the living room, knowing that's where they disappeared to. As soon as I hear cheers and a voice that sounds exactly like a commentator, I roll my eyes, sighing dramatically. Because of course they're watching sport with their pizza.

So I walk in, plop down beside Hunter on the couch and make sure to grab two slices of pizza before they're all gone. I wait for any kind of acknowledgement from the two best friends but realise that they probably won't notice me until the game's over.

Boys, I think, rolling my eyes again.

* * *

Hola! :)

I don't have much to say but I do have an announcement! x

.... Which I will announce later 😏

QOTC: Favourite sound?

MA: Rain or purring 💖

- Chloe x