♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #15 (Part Two) ♡

WARNING: THIS IS A DOUBLE UPDATE! GO READ THE PREVIOUS ONE BEFORE THIS :)

Dedication: lookitskris thank you so much for reading <3 :) I hope you like this chapter!

Reply Entry #15

Dear Hazel,

So... Liam Hayes is the famous Ken, huh? You and Trent finally made it official? That's greeeaaat. I guess. I just don't know if I can really reply to your entry without - never mind. Damn it, okay. I'm sorry, I can't.

Bye

PC x

Well, crap. I don't know what I just read. But if it's who I think it is, then I'm the one who outed Liam and Veronica to Hunter. But that's only if it's Hunter who wrote these replies. I still don't want to believe he could do something as horrible as read my own personal diary. Plus, Prince Charming maybe couldn't reply because he 'likes' me and he read about how me and Trent got together.

With that in mind, I shove the white notebook into my bag and get out my Artwork to do. There's only five minutes left of class left, so I guess it's a good time to start.

After those five minutes have passed and the bell goes, I'm the last one to pack up; too distracted thinking about Prince Charming's reply entry. So once I've said my goodbyes to my teacher and am leaving, I bump right into the one person I haven't seen in a month. 

Why do I keep seeing people this way? What happened to texting?

"Oh, sorry! I didn't see- Hazel?" The surprise in Tess' voice kind of irritates me. She shouldn't be that surprised to see me, after all, we are supposed to be best friends. I guess Liam is more of a best friend to me than her these days.

"Hi, Tess," I give her a fake smile - which she returns, holding onto the strap of my school bag, "Long time no see."

Great, now I'm being bitter.

Tess' smile wipes right off her face at my attitude and she shuffles from side to side, "Uh, yeah I guess it has been a long time, huh?"

"You didn't come to Ivy's sixteenth," I deadpan, "I sent you an invitation."

"Sorry, I was at Olivia's, meeting her parents and all." She shrugs it off, barely even caring.

"You could have let me know, Tess, Ivy was disappointed you couldn't make it." 

I can't believe her! Sure, I understand that meeting Olivia's parents is a big deal, but Tess has known Ivy for years and knew when her birthday was. The least she could've done was tell me she wasn't coming. 

"Well, sorry 'bout it. I was with my girlfriend, you can't blame me. Anyway, you hang out with Hunter and Liam now. So I don't see why you're giving me attitude. Especially since I hear you're with that Hunter asshole that didn't even know you existed for two years. I was the one who let you cry on my shoulder. I guess that means nothing now that you have a boyfriend." Her words stab me in the heart and I begin to feel my eyes sting but I push the tears back. I will not cry over this.

"Excuse me, you're the one who began ditching me as soon as you got a girlfriend! Don't call Hunter an asshole, he's the best thing to ever happen to me and he's actually here for me. Unlike you." I throw daggers at her, glaring right into her dark blue eyes.

"Are you seriously kidding me right now?" She yells at me, stepping closer in anger. Thank God most people have gone home so we don't have an audience. "When have I ever not been there for you when you needed me?"

"I don't know. How about when my dad was abusing me? Or maybe that time when Trent basically used me and forced me into sex? Maybe when I was in hospital? Jesus Christ, Tess, how delusional can you be? You're never there for me, and to be honest, I'm sick of it. I can't be friends with someone who doesn't care about me as much as I care for them." 

At this point, I'm so close to crying that if I don't leave soon, tears will fall without my permission. Tess' eyes grow wide, the previous fury lessening in her expression. She even takes a step back, the tension in her shoulders disappearing.

"Hazel, I didn't know about Trent." She says, softer this time.

"No, you didn't. You never even noticed how broken I was, you never even asked." I whisper in hurt, "It's not fair."

"Hazel-"

"I'm sorry, I can't do this anymore." I shake my head back and forth, mostly to try stop those God forsaken tears. I begin to back away from the girl I once thought of as my best friend, "Goodbye, Tess."

Tess steps forward again but it doesn't matter, I'm already several metres away, "Wait!" 

"Take care of yourself for me." I smile sadly, then turn away once for all, heading home with my head held high.

Honestly, I don't feel as bad as I thought I would when ending my friendship with Tess. In a way, I feel as though a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. There's still this small hole in my heart, one that makes it ache in sadness at the loss of a friend. But I know I will be better off in the long run. We've both already gone separate ways. She has Olivia, her family and sport. I have Hunter, Liam, Ivy, and my poetry. I guess Prince Charming could be added to that list too.

It's come to the time in my life when I know I have to decide my own future, my own friends and my own life. I can't keep letting people hurt me and walk all over me. That's not acceptable.

Now all I want to do is try be happy.

All I want right now is to enjoy my weekend with my only true friend, and boyfriend. 

* * *

Whoo, I updated twice in three hours :3 Like seriously, whoa! Keeping in mind that this chapter is actually a little bit shorter though. 

But this confrontation needed to happen at some point, I thought having it now felt kind of right.

BUT ANYWAY GUESS WHAT I JUST NOTICED o.o I was reading my author's note for chapter 15 in 'The Diary of Hazel' and I mention how it had gotten #128 in Short Story, 2K reads, 500 votes and 1K comments at that point. BUT LOOK AT THIS BOOK :O It's at the same point in the story and we have 7 THOUSAND (K) READS, 1K VOTES, 3.9K COMMENTS AND OUR HIGHEST RANK IS #80

I'M SO HAPPY, THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH <3 This is all down to you guys for all you support! :')

QOTC: Have you ever had - or do have - braces? :)

MA: No, ow! I hope I never have to c:

- Chloe x

*unedited*