♡ Epilogue ♡

|| IMPORTANT: Please read the Author's Note at the end!||

Epilogue: Just over a year later...

People are scattered throughout the house, dancing feverishly against each other as the upbeat music flows between them. Multi-coloured fairy lights crowd the lining of each room, illuminating the colourful personalities of each senior graduate. 

I lean against the far wall in the lounge, observing and thinking. I just can't believe we're here, officially graduated from high school. I'm afraid. Of course, Hunter's already at Troywood University, finishing his first year - and I can't wait to join him. But that doesn't make leaving high school, and moving away from home, any easier. And now that mum has officially left, I'll be leaving Ivy alone - which I really don't want to do. She's only seventeen. 

Speaking of Hunter, we haven't seen each other in six months and it's now December. We haven't talked much this past week either which isn't ideal. But I understand he's been really busy with exams and everything. That's why he couldn't make it to the Graduation ceremony earlier. 

Apart from the distance, our relationship has been incredible. Hard, sure, but incredible nonetheless. We've been growing, learning and loving with the other by our side. He's the reason why I'm even going to University after everything that has happened. Hunter Ryan is my rock, the light that irradiates my soul, my first and - hopefully - only love.

And I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him.

"Ello, Ello!" An obviously fake British accent and huge, dazzling grin greets me.

Shaking my head, I laugh and give her a hug, "That was horrible." I tease, assessing her outfit. Ankles bathing in black boots accessorise her pastel pink summer dress. Golden flowers hang loosely around her neck, and matching bangles dangle from her small wrists, completing her entire outfit.

Olivia tucks a strawberry blonde curl behind her ear and pouts, "I thought my accent was perfect!"

I smile for a moment before it falls, "How are you doing?"

One side of her mouth lifts into a half smile as her green eyes begin looking around the room. I watch the moment. The moment she sees her, alone, pouring herself a drink. "It's been half a year, Hazel, I'm getting there. But, I'm not sure she's okay."

"What do you mean?" I ask, knowing exactly what she's talking about.

"She's still sad and pissed about the breakup. You know that Tess came out because of me, so breaking up would've hurt her immensely after everything." I could hear the guilt and longing in her sweet voice, causing me to frown in sympathy.

"I guess. I feel as though I'm the reason you two broke up - she literally glares at me any chance she gets."

Olivia turns back to me, giving me a genuine smile and shrug, "It's not your fault, it's hers. After what happened in the cafeteria last year, things got strained and our relationship just went downhill from there. She wasn't the person I fell in love with anymore, and I wasn't okay with who she turned into. I don't support bullying, and what she did to you was indeed that. Plus, I will always care very deeply about you and Hunter, you're both important to me."

Reaching out, I hug Olivia tightly in gratitude.

"You're the sweetest person I know, seriously, Liv. Thank you, we care about you too, so much."

She pulls away with a light laugh, "No, thank you. I'm so glad we've become such good friends; I don't know what I would do without your support!"