♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #14 ♡

WARNING: This is a double update! This is the second chapter I've posted in the last 24 hours so make sure to read the one before this! 😊

Dedication: allein- hey girl, congratulations BECAUSE YOU WON 2nd PLACE!!! (in the Quote Competition) I know you sent me like 5 or 6 quotes, but I could only put one ^ I love all of them! :) Though, the rules said you could only send one, Miss Rebel ;) ANYWILLOW, CONGRATS! MESSAGE ME IF YOU WANT THE OPTIONAL PRIZE OF ME HANDWRITING YOU A LETTER <3 YOU'RE ONE OF MY MOST DEDICATED READERS AND A CLOSE FRIEND. LOVE YOU GIRL, ALWAYS CHASE YOUR DREAM, NO MATTER WHAT IT MAY BE, okay? OKAY. Hope you enjoy this chapter! xo

-

A week passes by fairly quickly. I mean, when you attend school, everything seems to just blur together. It's been pretty uneventful if I'm being honest. Hunter hasn't been around since last Saturday, I've only gotten to hang with him at school. But it's hard to be a couple when Liam is around gagging at anything remotely "cute". It's actually annoying not being able to spend any time alone with Hunter. Not because of the reasons that are obvious. But because we have only very recently gotten together, and we're not quite past the awkward stage yet because we haven't had any time to get used to each other in that way. Not for a week at least.

It's Monday now and I still didn't get to see Hunter in the weekend because he was away visiting his grandparents. Which - of course - I'm happy about because he told me he hasn't seen them for over a year. So that's good.

Also, I haven't seen Tess in weeks. I barely see her now. She's always with Olivia or at sport/band practice. I don't even know if she still considers me a friend, if she even remembers that I actually still exist. I hope I don't turn out like that after being in a relationship with Hunter for a couple weeks.

I shiver at my train of thought as I make my way to my locker. As the blue steel door comes in sight, I quickly rush to it and get my English book out. When I see Veronica's black bob floating up the hallway, I quickly hide behind my locker door.

Please don't stop and harass me.

Please, please please.

I'm not sure if she knows about her brother and I, so I've been avoiding any interactions with her as I possibly can. Which isn't that hard considering she hates me and doesn't typically talk to me, but when she does, it's never good.

"Hey. It's Hansel, right?" Speaking of talking.

I slowly close my locker door, watching Veronica's preppy, conniving expression. She knows she got my name wrong, but she just loves giving the impression that no one is at her level on the social ladder.

Fun person, huh?

I really can't figure out for the life of me what Liam saw in her. Seriously.

"Hazel, actually." I purposely send her my sweetest smile and begin walking to class.

The sad thing is that we're in the same English class.

"Right. Anyway. So, I heard the strangest, most delusional rumour ever, that you have a thing with my brother. But of course, this isn't true. He wouldn't sink that low." Veronica cackled, obviously trying to hurt me but honestly? What she says or thinks mean nothing to me.

"Oh, really? Just like how Liam sunk to the lowest when he had a thing with you?" I smiled at her baffled, angry face. Yes! Go, Hazel! Boom shakalaka, baby!

"How- what- ugh!" And as Satan storms to her seat, I sit in my own with the biggest smile on my face.

Now I'm prepared for English.