♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #20 ♡

Dedication: DriannaMendez thank you so much for reading and voting! :) x

"Uh..." I wonder off aloud, trying to come up with a good excuse while Hunter's eyes bore into mine questioningly, "Well, ah, I was just doing some light reading before you came?"

He raises his dark eyebrow, a shadow of amusement covering his face, "Oh really? So you wouldn't mind if I had a look?"

"No!" I jump on top of him, trying to grab the white book out of his grip, but he just pulls it further away, "Please just give it back, Hunter." He shakes his head teasingly and I glare in return.

Sighing in anger, I crawl off of my mean boyfriend and cross my arms.

"Aw, come on, I'm only teasing, babe." He chuckles, shuffling over so he's right next to me. Still in a grump, I turn away from him. 

"Go away, I'm not talking to you." I murmur.

"You just did!" Laughing, I feel Hunter's presence right behind me. This time though, I don't reply, not wanting to give him the satisfaction. 

"Baby, I'm sorry." His hot breath hits my neck before a soft kiss follows. I shiver but try to pretend his actions have no effect on me. It's obvious Hunter doesn't like the silent treatment because all of a sudden, I feel a light bite on my bare shoulder.

No, I'm not naked, I'm wearing a singlet, gosh.

Jumping at the feel of his teeth, I turn around with incredulous eyes, "Did you seriously just bite me? You do realise you're not a vampire, right?"

Hunter looks at me innocently with a shrug, "I don't like to be ignored by the girl I lo-" His light green eyes widen before he clears his throat, "Like."

Continuing with my plan of ignorance, I stand and walk to my dresser. My eyes flicker across all the items scattered on top of the mahogany wood, and something catches my riveted attention. I hesitantly reach out my hand, wrapping my fingers around the golden frame's edge. Bringing the memory closer, I analyse the faces.

My expression in the photo is the epitome of joy, the perfection of life lifting my spirits while my dad was lifting me. There he was, holding me on his back after I had demanded a piggy back just before Mum took this snapshot. What awakens my saddened heart and the tears I've been trying to keep in, is the smile on my dad's humanised face. One of true happiness and liveliness. 

I observe in pain as a tear falls from me and onto the now tainted memory in my hands. Feeling a comforting hand on my shoulder, I tilt my head and cry silently at the loss of an incredible parent.

Hunter doesn't say anything, knowing that words can't fix the way I feel, instead he just wraps his arms around me from behind. He rests his chin on top of my head and just supports me.

Like he always does.

* * *

"So what is this? I've seen you with it a couple times." Hunter admits, gazing curiously at me with those pastel green eyes. He rubs his thumb back and forth across my hand, holding it tightly. While the other one gestures to the white notebook I hold in my left hand.

Looking away, I wonder to myself how he would take it if I told him the truth. I mean, it's nothing bad exactly but I feel things for this Prince Charming guy. Yes, it's stupid for developing feelings for someone I don't even know the identity of but I really can't help it.

He understands me in the way only Hunter does. He cares, worries and makes sure I feel good about myself. He's taken the time to reply to my idiotic diary - even if he destroyed my privacy and trust by reading it in the first place.