♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #13 (Part Two) ♡

Dedication A.K.A 3rd place winner of the Quote Competition: pearliajackson12 Congratulations! You've come 3rd place! I love your quote and the reason for why you wanted to win <3 Always remember that you can do anything you put your mind to, always strive for what you want, don't settle for a life you aren't happy with :) Please private message me if you want the optional prize of me mailing you a hand written letter from me, myself, and I xo

-

There's a small, plausible silence as Hunter just stares into my eyes. Burning into my soul with his green flames. But then he shakes his head slowly, almost like he's in shock.

"Hazel." Is all he says when he finally comes back to reality.

"Yeah."

He shuffles closer, until I find us in the same position that we've been in a couple times already. With his forehead against mine.

Kissing my nose lightly on his way, Hunter pulls his face away just enough to be able to look at me properly without going cross-eyed.

"Would you make my weekend even better and be my girlfriend?" Before he's even finished asking, I'm nodding my head frantically.

"Of course!"

I wouldn't be able to wipe the huge smile off my face if I tried. Just hearing those words, it's like music - really fantastic music - to my ears. I throw my arms around his neck, hugging him - maybe a bit too tight.

"Ow, you're squeezing me, Hazy-Bear." He whines deeply into my hair.

Definitely too tight.

"Oops, sorry." Giving him a sheepish smile, I pull back to look into his moss-green eyes. For a moment, it's a nice silence that passes between us, both appreciating the moment together.

But of course, we're interrupted.

"Hey, Hunter, can we- Oh, am I interrupting something?" The knowing smirk on Liam's face catches my vision. Standing in the doorway, he keeps glancing back and forth between our dazed faces. He mumbles something under his breath that I don't hear.

"What do you want, Liam?" Hunter asks - more like demands, running a hand through his hair as he pulls away, letting go of me.

Liam's blue eyes widen, putting his hands out in front of him, "Whoa, dude, no need to be salty with me."

"Sorry." Hunter sighs.

"Anyway, I was wondering if we could go now?"

Liam's anxious. That's a new one.

"Why?" Hunter asks. He doesn't sound curious though - he sounds like he knows why but wants Liam to say it.

"Dude, please." With pleading eyes, Liam grips onto Hunter's shirt and begins to pull him up.

"Fine, but can I at least say goodbye to my girlfriend first?" Liam's eyes grow wide and a huge smile plasters across his face as he instantly lets go of Hunter.

"Well, finally! I thought I'd be tip toeing around you both for another decade before you finally admit your mutual feelings. Thank freaking God. Seriously, all I hear from you bro is how much you like Hazel. And then there are those goofy looks she gives you when you're not looking. It was starting to drive me crazy since we're being honest and all."

My cheeks burn crimson in embarrassment. I give out a shaky laugh and check out my nails to give myself an excuse not to look anyone in the eyes. Wow, I really need to repaint them, I think when noticing the chipped black polish coating only half of each nail.