Prologue..

(Hey, have you guys ever heard of slowburn? I assume not since you're reading this on Wattpad. No bitching about friend zoning. Love starts with friends and ends with love. Now sit back, and enjoy the book! Also if things seem wonky that's because I'm in the middle of re-writing this old thing. 6 years old baby, 7 in a few months... damn)

It was perfect.

The crisp, morning air tasted fresh on my tongue. My iridescent golden loftwing carried me through the skies. We had done a good job avoiding all the racers, making sure to hide as their array of colorful loftwings passed overhead. Now all that was left to avoid was the island of Skyloft. The task was easy in and of itself, Sky looked more like a ray of sunshine than a bird. However, her amber eyes looked to meet mine mid-flight. A whisper of worry glimmered as she pulled forward within the air. Evil air hissed around us, I could almost hear my name being called.

"Link, I'm so insanely proud of you!" The sound of a female's voice rang out, I ducked down. In an instant I was on guard, looking around until I saw two loftwings much higher above us. A charming masculine laugh came from the red loftwing. I could barely see the riders boots hanging down from the body. "Thanks, Zelda, but really it wasn't anything special. We've trained for this day forever." The girl on the blue one scoffed. "Groose threw eggs at you and hid your loftwing before the race! After all of that, you deserved to win. Groose deserves to be thrown off the island!" A pause before the silence broke. "I'm really glad you won the ceremony. I don't think anyone had doubts whether you would win or not."

I didn't know whether or not I should flee. If I can keep close enough maybe when we pass another island I'll be able to duck and get away. Then I heard whispers, like I was surrounded by people talking all at once. "Link, about earlier, when someone was calling me?" The whispers got louder and I plugged my ears, trying hard not to make a noise. "Look out!"

The clouds below erupted with a mass of black, twisting air. Sky screeched, and I grabbed on tightly. The tornado moved with unnatural control, and snatched my beloved loftwing and I from the sky. "Sky!" I screamed, trying to hold onto her feathers. They ripped out of her, and I was sent spiraling away. I started panicking, trying to figure out a way to get out. Am I upright? Where's Sky? Where am I?

As I spun I came face to face with a man who looked equally as shocked. He was screaming too, and looking past me with fierce eyes. I steadied myself for a brief moment, enough to see a girl below me. She opened her eyes and stared at me. The world slowed, and I watched as she reached out for me. For anyone. My body was cold and numb. All I could do was watch as she was sucked down, down and away. As soon as I lost sight of her a body slammed into mine. My head shot back at the force and clocked into something equally as hard behind me. The world went fuzzy, and then dark.

The storm, as suddenly as it appeared vanished again into the clouds without a trace.