Night Time Terrors..

I sat in my bed awake, the cold bracelets had warmed around my wrists as I lay. They felt more like shackles than gifts, which made me slightly uncomfortable. I closed my eyes and willed myself to sleep, finding that slumber soon held me tight.

I thrashed in my sleep, my dreams spinning horrible takes. I feel like I'm dead, I can't breathe. My mind send a panicked response to such a dilemma, and I awoke with a gasp. After a few moments of heavy panting I tried to fall asleep again, and I did. "Everything your hands touch dies, (Y/n). And soon, you will crumble beneath your own fingers."

I stood, a black mass standing across from me. The ground below us reflected the sky, like a beautiful mirror. It was nighttime, and the mass had a voice like the rumbling earth. Dark, deep and dangerous. I looked up, red eyes staring back at me. Staring into me. This thing knew me, I could feel it. And in a way, I also felt like I knew it. "What will happen when you're faced with what you are, and what you wish to be?" I didn't understand, I only looked closely.

"You are devoted to me. No one can take that, not even you. You have been damned from the start, (Y/n). I will drag you to wherever I may go if you choose to help. For I have helped you, and cared for you before you even took your first breath into this wretched world." Confusion flooded me, I blinked and tried to will this man away. "Just wait, (Y/n), you will soon realize just how close we are. Then you will have to start second guessing what exactly you are doing with yourself."

A flash, and I heard myself and Link's screams echoing around me. I covered my ears, cowering as I heard sobbing. I couldn't tell who was sobbing, but what scared me was why. Then I heard one last blood curdling scream before...

I bolted up again, swallowing thickly. I was gasping for air, and clenched my chest as my lungs worked overtime. I felt like I couldn't breathe again, and my whole body shook. Talking and walking seemed out of the question. Tears rolled down my face as my body shook uncontrollably. I wanted to scream, to run away and find some solace from this. I couldn't, instead my body lamely curled into a small ball and I sobbed. Thick, wet tears rolled down my face and into my pants. I couldn't stop shaking, and when I tried to talk it felt like I was forcing myself to form any type of word.

After a while, the shaking had stopped. The tears had dried and I was left exhausted and curled into a ball. What was that? Why did I have that reaction? That dream was so peculiar. It was like I was actually with that hellish demon. He was scarier than Ghirahim, who was a demon lord. I managed to pull myself together enough to drag me out of bed. I stumbled towards where I saw books. One of the classrooms. I snuck in, the feeling from the episode earlier not leaving me.

I pulled a few books from the shelf and snuck back to my room. I propped open the window and sat near it, the cool night air calming me down a bit more. After that nightmare, I don't think I'll ever want to go to bed again. I cracked open one of the books, 'The History of Skyloft' the title read. I read the handwriting, absorbing the information the book gave me about this place. At times I had to quietly sound out words, I guess it wasn't a good idea to stop schooling at such a young age.

The book bored me after a while. It was all stuff either I knew or Link told me. It was also unfinished, so I should put it back. I looked at the other two books, and chose the bigger of the two. It was simply the notes of everyone in this town, as well as those who live elsewhere. I saw a small doodle of my house, with an arrow pointed towards it and a question mark. It made me laugh a bit, my island was severely locked down. No one gets in, or out, without me knowing. Mostly because I had carved it into the side of the island, and a pumpkin patch settled on top. The only way in was if a loftwing expertly flew into the crevice, and even then it's hard.

I finally flipped to the last book, opening it up. I smiled, realizing it was a fairytale. It warmed my heart, and I began to read.

"The tale of a prince and his dragon. Once upon a time there lived a magnificent kingdom. It was ruled by a fair king and queen who had one son. As any good prince was, he was destined for the throne. He had a bodyguard, a bit older than him. This knight was a rarity amongst the kingdom, the only Dragonborn. A creature that was half man, half dragon. He was found as a baby by the king and queen. The dragon was entrusted to the staff to be raised, and together it was always Prince Harrison and his knight Dimitri.

One day, Dimitri and Harrison were attacked on their outing in the town. Dimitri was knocked unconscious after fighting valiantly for Harrison's protection. The boy had been taken. Dimitri had managed to track down Harrison at the home of their attackers. He realized, it was a whole colony of Dragonborn men, women and children. He was shocked and horrified, upon approaching them they rejoiced. He was introduced to his family, and they told him what happened.

He had wandered away as a child, and he must have wandered into the kingdom. When word spread the king and queen found a child and were now raising him with their child the clan came together to ask for their child back. The king and queen refused, telling them they had the child for a while. The Dragonborn simply thought he had died. Dimitri was shocked by this news, but knew he had to save his beloved prince. He tried to bargain with them, but found it useless. He was then informed by a few younger dragons that his family planned on killing the prince as revenge. Dimitri was angry and horrified, he marched into his family's home demanding an answer. They laughed and brushed the angry Dragonborn off, telling him he should be thankful.

That night, Dimitri managed to escape with his beloved prince. He left a note to his family. 'If you cannot understand that I have never been one of you then, that I will never be of one now.' Dimitri asked the king and queen about his family, and they admitted it was true. They told him that he had been in their care for over a year before anyone tried to look for him, and they also wanted compensation instead of him. He was hurt, but the king and queen reassured they cared for him as their own child. Even though he was not one of them in flesh and blood, in spirit he would always be."

I smiled at the happy ending. I realized that after all that reading, I was quite tired. I stretched out, getting up from where I was seated. I closed the window and settled back into bed hoping for a better nights rest.

After a moment, I fell into a peaceful sleep.