What Death..

It was a race to get back down to the surface. Link and I didn't say, but it was implied. Especially when I jumped and propelled myself down as fast as I could. I flipped myself to look up at Link, and saw a shadow behind him. The sun was blocking my view, but I heard a faint noise. Link seemed to be hearing it as well, and the shadow got closer. It was screaming, and this thing was hurtling for Link and I. I dove back down, desperate to get away. "(Y/n)!" Link called and suddenly I was hit.

I reached for my sailcloth and managed to open it. Amongst the screaming, whimpering and sudden loss of vision we floated down. It was when limbs began flailing, and my hand was smacked that I completely let go and we slammed against the ground. "(Y/n), are you alright?" Link asked running over to where I was laying. He helped me up and I looked to my attacker. To my surprise and horror, it was Groose. "Jeez, rough landing." He muttered sitting up and brushing himself off. "You know, you really need to work on your," Groose looked up and stopped dead in his tracks.

Link slowly helped me up as we both watched the large man soak in his surroundings. "Link?" Groose turned around to face us. He ran over and shoved me out of the way, grabbing Link. "Where are we? Tiny birds?! A-and there's trees everywhere!" Groose sputtered shaking Link like a rattle. Link slowly grabbed onto Groose's arm which made the bigger man stop. Link gave Groose a trophy winning smile. "Well, let me explain." He said patting Groose on the arm. And explain he did. I helped, giving Groose all the details from my end as well as Link's.

"Oh.. Well this place needs a name. I think I'll call it.." Groose looked around for a second and turned back to the both of us with a proud smile. "Grooseland!" Link was too stunned to speak. I wasn't. "Yeah, no. Not happening, we're going to call it what we've been told by the residents here. Faron Woods." Groose sulked for a moment, and then it seemed another plan had formed in his head. A plan that rivals the brains of three kikwi having an anxiety attack. "Well old pal, you can take a break." Groose exclaimed, cracking his fingers and stretching. "Groose can save Zelda instead. Now since you said all you have to do now is enter the temple, I guess that's where I'm headed." Groose turned around and ran to the temple.

"Wow." I said watching Groose peel off. "Yeah, you'd think with that speed and determination he could've gotten better grades in class." Link muttered, and dusted off my back. "Are you ok? I'm sorry I didn't check on you earlier with... his commotion."
"I totally understand," I said checking myself out to make sure all the dust and small rocks were gone as well. "I always land gracefully when another person attacks me from the skies." Link chuckled as we started the jog towards the temple. "Indeed you do." The comment made me want to blush.

As we approached the sealed temple, my knees gave way. I gasped and stumbled momentarily. My head roared with pain and the whispers overwhelmed my ears. I could feel Link grab my shoulders, I could hear him talking to me but I couldn't hear what he was saying. The words kept repeating like a chant, or some monotone song. "He's back! He's coming! He's back! He's back! The king! Our king!" Over and over. Some whispers said the same phrase, while other repeated the chant.

I looked up, and those blue eyes. "Hey." His voice. I took a deep breath and touched his hand, feeling his warmth and his presence on me. "I'm ok, I guess that fall really did something to me." Link sighed in relief. "Yeah, you were scaring me there. I thought you might've saw a demon." I laughed softly and stood back up, my knees still felt shaky but I was ok. "I'd scream if I saw that bastard again."

We entered the temple and the old woman sat while Groose patronized her. They argued momentarily before Groose turned to Link, whining to him about how the old woman doesn't believe Groose is supposed to be saving Zelda. It was laughable. Link simply shrugged at Groose. "I'd rather it be you, honestly. I never asked for this. I'm doing this for Zelda, and I hope you can find it in yourself to do it for her sake as well. Not just yours." Groose was taken aback, and angrily ran from the temple.

The old woman and Link began to discuss the harp and the importance. I stood behind, the whispers never left. They simply quieted down, and it was stressing me out. Usually after an episode I could get them to shut up and leave me be. This was special. The same words were being chanted in different ways. When Link began to play the harp, the voices seemed to cheer. The ground below is began to rumble, and a giant block of stone rose from the ground.

"That is the Gate of Time Zelda went through, Link. You must awaken it by striking it with a heavenly beam." Link walked up to it and grabbed the hilt of his sword. "Now, now, be patient. Your sword is still weak. It must grow along with your spirit." The ground began to shake with tremors. I gasped and so did the old woman. "There's no time to explain, Link! You must go down and secure the seal!" The woman said. Anxiety began thrumming through my body, the whispers got more incoherent. I mindlessly followed Link outside. Link rushed before me, the ground began to shake once more. "Woah!" Groose said holding his hands out to steady himself. Link wasted no time leaping down to the seal.

I hesitated and looked down, the whispers coming together in a screaming chorus. "He's here!" I crumpled to the ground, covering my ears. "Hey!" I felt two hands on my shoulders, keeping me from falling over. I blinked and turned to see Groose, staring at me with concern in his eyes. "You could've gotten really hurt there, now go help Link." He said slowly taking his hands off of me. I saw something in his eyes as he searched mine. "Thanks." I said quietly and looked down to where Link was running to the seal. "Sorry, a hero shouldn't hesitate." I whispered and leaped off, rushing to catch up with Link.

I watched as Link ran up to the seal, darkness oozed from underneath it. The ground opened up and a giant monster crawled out from the hole. I gasped, fear coursing through my body. However, I also felt the most power I had. I looked to my hands, for a split second I saw a piece of the whispers trailing back to the thing. "The Imprisoned." Link said, loud enough where I could hear it. "Run!" Link screamed, but I stood in awe.

Was I connected to this thing?

"Link! You mustn't let the beast reach the temple!" The old woman called down to Link. "Weak point, we have to find a weak point!" Link said running past me. I ran with him. "Uh," We looked over the thing. "There!" Link said pointing to the toes. He ran and pulled out his sword to hit him. Before I could think, Link was slicing away at them. I stumbled whilst running and fell to the ground, clutching my foot in pain before I could process what was happening. Link sliced off a toe, and I was rolling in pain trying not to scream. I had to hide. I had to hide this. I was connected to this beast and I can't tell Link. "Link! I'm injured, you have to fight this on your own!" I called, pulling myself to my feet. Pain coursed through my body. Link hollered a response and knocked down the beast.

I began to run as fast as I could back to the top. Suddenly a white, hot pain came through from the top of my head. I dropped to the ground screaming. When I opened my eyes again I was begging carried. Groose had ran down and grabbed me. I was suddenly very thankful for this big lug, and held on tight to him as the pain subsided. He sat me in between himself and the old woman. "(Y/n), what's wrong?" She asked kneeling before me. "I'm connected to that beast." I whispered, flinching as my feet were being attacked once again. "I don't know why, but I feel all the pain that monster is."
"What will happen when Link kills it?" Groose asked fearfully. I looked up and met the old woman's eyes. She shared a knowing look with me. Fear. I opened my mouth to respond and felt the searing, hot pain through my head. I grabbed the top of my head and tried to not hurt myself further.

I can't believe you're helping them (Y/n). Aren't you angry you're being hurt because of this?

Leave me alone.

I can't believe you're asking me to leave my daughter alone.

Daughter?

At last, Link had finally finished the beast. Or, my father? I was unsure. I was panting, holding my breath to numb the pain and mute the screams didn't work as well as I'd hoped. Groose kneeled beside me, looking me over. "What will happen when Link ends the imprisoned, (Y/n)?" I opened and closed my mouth, looking away with a shrug. "I don't know." I whispered. "Okay." Groose said. "Do you want to tell Link?" He asked quietly. I looked up at Groose, tears welling up. "No, please don't. I'll be ok. I'll figure it out." Groose hugged me, sadness painting his features.

I'm so scared, but I have to be strong and figure this out for Link.