Getting to Know..

Entering Faron woods caused a lot of emotions to bubble in my chest I forgot existed. Fear and anxiety swirled around, the uncomfortable feeling of being in a place that once housed you now foreign. The hut my mother and I resides in at one point had been destroyed. A shriek erupted from where Link had wandered off to. "Kewee!" I followed and saw Link chasing after a small animal. He grabbed it and another scream erupted from it. "We're friendly!" I called as the poor Kikwi shook in Link's grasp.

"Y-you're not gonna eat me, kewee?" It squeaked out, Link dropped it startled. "No! Not at all." Link said, standing up. The kikwi turned to look at me, intensely staring before Link spoke again. "Actually, we were wondering if you saw another girl around here? We were told that someone was seen this way." He said. The kikwi introduced herself as Lopsa, and thought for a moment. "Our elder should know! He knows everything!" She suggested. "His name is Bucha. She and him spent some time together." Link beamed and listened to her intently. "The elder is that way," she spoke pointing. "And if you see him, tell him I'm alright. When the red guys showed up, we all ran and hid."

We followed her direction, silence settled over us. "So," I said after looking around the beautiful greenery. "What's Zelda like?" Links face erupted into a smile, looking away in deep thought. "She's my best friend. We've been inseparable ever since I can remember. If I'm ever down she cheers me up. She's the perfect mix of a good, kind person and mischievous. When we're not in class, we race each other on our loftwings. She spends most of her time reading when I'm training. The place you woke up in is our knight academy, where all the younger people train to guard our island and the people there. Zelda has been learning about the goddess, she's going to be the next leader of the school as well as Skyloft itself. She's mischievous though, when we were younger her dad almost stuck a personal knight with her to be watched over at all times." He laughed at the memory. "She's selfless, and an all around amazing person. I'm glad she's alive and well, but all I can hope is I return her home safe and sound."

I smiled at Link. "She sounds great." I said, Link chuckled. "Yeah, she is." I decided to keep the good spirits up. "How did you two become friends?" Link's smile dropped for a moment. "My father died before I was born, and my mother died after birth. The town took turns raising me, but as soon as I became old enough to walk and talk everyone else who had kids just... gave up." He shrugged. "All the other kids poked and prodded at the fact that I had no home other than the knight academy, and no parents. Zelda was the only one who stood up for me, she's a spitfire. Her father and professor Horwell took me in as their own when they realized what happened." He smiled softly. "That's another reason why I'm so set on taking Zelda back home, she and her father have done so much for me. The least I can do is save her life like they saved mine."

"She sounds amazing. I'm glad I'm here to help you. Maybe after we get her, I can move onto Skyloft with you all." I said softly, closing my eyes and imagining myself getting an education at the academy as well. "Are you in a relationship with her? You two seem to be made for one another." Link sighed at that. "That's what everyone think, but no. Zelda and I have thought about it, but we don't see one another in that light. Although, we kind of agreed to since there aren't many others on Skyloft."

I nodded thoughtfully. "What about you Sky? I've been jabbering about myself, now it's your turn. Are you in a relationship at all?" I laughed aloud. "Oh yeah! A secret relationship with someone on the main island." Link looked surprised. "Really?"
"No." I laughed. "Ok, well, why'd you grow up so far away from Skyloft?" He shot back. "Well, my mother died when I was young as well. I never knew my father, and my mother left me a home on the small island I grew up on. I actually worked at that Pumpkin place for a bit to get enough supplies to start a farm. My mother never wanted me to meet anyone on Skyloft. I was too afraid to be banished, so I just stayed to myself."

"Wow," Link breathed. "That had to be lonely." I thought about it for a moment, realization spreading across my face. "It really was." I said quietly.

Silence fell upon us again as we reached our destination. We approached a ledge with a vine curled up. It looked long enough to swing on, so I cut it. It unfurled and I grabbed upon it. Across the small gap was a large kikwi laying face down with its tail bushed out. Link and I swung across, and approached the giant kikwi. We looked at one another before giving it a soft poke. It slowly rose up, tail closing up and the large animal cleared its throat. It had a mustache almost as tall as the kikwi. He looked down and inspected us before speaking.

"Ah, I see you have seen through my disguise."