Solemn Swim..

We entered the lair of the Water Dragon once again. Link rushed to dive off and into the water first. I followed behind quickly. We climbed back up to Her Majesty, the Water Dragon turned and flashed a toothy grin. "Yes! I can sense the healing properties already. Quickly got, pour it into my basin." Without another word Link uncorked the bottle and dumped it into the giant metal bath. I stepped forward, curious as to what was about to unfold. The Water Dragon dove inside, the ground began to shake. I gasped and grabbed onto Link's arm. He grabbed me back, worry painting his face.

In a moment the Water Dragon burst out, much bigger than we had previously saw. I cowered into Link, he seemed to flinch as well. "Wow." I breathed, letting go of Link. She was beautiful. Giant and blue with what seemed like a never ending waterfall going down her middle. "Exquisite! I can feel its energy surging through me! Behold, the full Majesty. Faron, Water Dragon and guardian of these lands!" She hovered proudly above us, peering down at us. "I stand tall healed and whole once again. Human." Link jumped at the mention of his title. "You have done well to bring me the sacred water I asked you for. I see now it was no coincidence that you completed the goddesses trial and obtained a water dragon scale. In turn, I will grant you the favor you have asked me and lead you to the sacred flame of my land. Come."

I smiled at Link. "We did it! You did it. Let's go." We followed her outside to the waterfall. Link and I walked towards the bridge and watched as she hovered in front of the waterfall. "Now, behold." The Water Dragon said, before rolling back her sleeves. She jammed her hands into the waterfall, and after a moment it began to recede. Magically it stopped flowing, allowing us a clear path into the open mouth of a temple. "Go, the sacred flame you seek lies within this place. While the waterfall has barred entrance to this place for many years, monsters have still found a way in and inside they flourish. But you are the goddesses chosen hero. Swatting a few monsters will be no trouble for you. I imagine you and I will cross paths again. Until then do not lower your guard. Farewell children." The Water Dragon flew up and left us be.

"You ready?" I asked Link, beginning to march towards the water. "No." He said. "You... you can't just kiss me out of nowhere and not talk about it." He sputtered out. I turned to look back at him, feeling sheepish. "Oh, yeah. I was hoping maybe we'd forget about it? Think of it as like a fluke?"
"A fluke? (Y/n), you... do you not feel anything for me?" Link asked, looking taken aback. "I mean, all through this adventure you've been amazing. Funny, kind, strong and resilient. Even when you're hurt you try to protect me. When I'm hurt I can count on you to protect me. You're beautiful and your heart is made of gold. I thought that maybe you felt the same way too."

I stared at Link with wide eyes and an open mouth. "I.. uh.. yeah. I feel. I feel the same way." I managed to blurt out. "When, when you told me to be selfish I just... I don't want to hurt you." I whispered. "I think you're great too. I think you're the most amazing person I've met and I just want to keep you as mine forever." Link gave a sigh of relief and grabbed my hand. "You can. We can. Let's... be something official." He said softly. I chewed on my cheek for a moment, rubbing his hand. "Can we wait to call ourselves official? I want to be something with you, but I want time to go out. On a real date first. After everything." I said, mentally cursing myself. "I can do that." Link murmured, smiling at me. I was falling in love so hard and so fast.

"Okay." I breathed softly. "Let's do this temple." He pulled my hand to his lips and gave it a gentle kiss. "Let's." Link held my hand until we had to get into the water. He pulled me up onto the ledge of the temple and again, held my hand the entire way to the door and down the steps. The temperature only fluctuated a little. It seemed to get a bit more humid, and there was no musty smell. It just smelled like a lake. Like fresh grass, sand and water all wrapped up in one. There was even a floral scent to it, almost.

We arrived at the bottom of the stairwell, and before us was a giant statue with a door in its belly. All around was water and lily pads. Some even had lilies blooming. There were waterfalls around from the mouths of fish, supplying the endless stream of water. The only issue, I didn't believe in my swimming skills. I was worried about drowning. "Uh, I can swim." I said, looking around. "I don't feel comfortable going underwater for long periods of time."
"I can take the time underwater." Link shrugged. "Good." I murmured, hugging myself.

Link made his way to the statue, I watched as he read the stone tablet on the side and dove into the water. I blinked a few times and watched as he swam around. He surfaced every now and then and finally came back to me. "Let's keep moving. I think I found a code to the next door."

I was thankful Link was willing to swim underwater. After realizing many of the places we needed to go were underwater and in confined spaces I wanted no part of it. After Link retrieved the key to the locked door, we rushed over. He helped me onto the ledge and unlocked the door. Link paused as we walked inside, looking around. His eyes slowly travelled up, and glazed over for a moment. "There." He murmured. I walked forward and looked up. I saw a flower design at the top. "The flame is up there." His eyes then trailed down. "But we have to go there first." And without a word he leapt off.

I followed, using my sailcloth to land beside him. "(Y/n), move!" Link gasped, grabbing my arm and yanking me back. I cried out, stumbling backwards. The pile of bones I was standing next to had built itself up, standing taller than Link and I. It had four arms, with two crossed around it. Each arm held a sword. They reared back, glowing eyes peering at me. I felt myself go stiff, and suddenly Link was there.

His shield was brought before my eyes. A loud clang was heard and it sent the skeleton stumbling back. Link took the chance to hit. I pulled out my blades and swung, hitting the skeleton as well. Within a second I felt the whispers crawl up my arm. The skeleton was hit and suddenly it crumbled to the ground. "Well," I sighed. "That... that works." Link exhaled and sheathed his sword. "Yeah, yeah it does. Let's keep going." He said and turned to the door before us. He opened it and there sat a chest. Link walked over to it and popped it open, revealing a beautiful whip. "Amazing," he whispered studying it. "It's as though it was crafted out of pure light."

He was right. The whip was a light blue color, but it looked never ending. We walked out of the room and Link tested it on a lever. A stream of water gushed from one of the pipes. "Interesting." He murmured as we used the water to ride to the top.

Once again, Link had to go underwater. I stood at the edge of the water, holding onto myself tightly. "Please be safe." I whispered and watched as he went into the tunnel. I wanted to scream. I hated this, I didn't know what was wrong with me and I felt like I was leading Link on.

-

"(Y/n), I saw the big key to the door. I know where we have to go, but it won't be pretty." I was startled out of my thoughts by a hand on my shoulder. "Oh, yeah." I murmured and turned to see Link. "I'm ready." I said and watched as he climbed up a ledge and flipped a switch. The head to the statue slowly went down, and I looked at Link. He gave a solemn nod and dove back into the water.

We both made our way to the door.