The Weight of Fate..

The temple inside was beautiful and sad at the same time. I could tell by just gazing around at how lively of a place this used to be, and it was loved by all those who worked there. Production had come to an end, although I was curious on who they were mining so much for. The air inside was stale and the body of workers lay scattered about until we used a timeshift stone. Then we were able to actually speak with them, which was a huge shock.

I noticed myself falling for Link. It made sense how I enjoyed being in his company. I always wanted to see him smile and adored when his attention was on me. I enjoyed watching him as well, he enjoyed the comfortable silences. Fi would come out to speak with us, and each time Link seemed to relax as she spoke. When he would catch me looking I tried to play it off, it's become harder to do so. Sometimes I'll just smile at him and he gives me a soft smile back. After battles I remember wanting to kiss him, or help him intimately bandage any wounds. If he felt the same, I'm not sure I'd be the one to initiate the conversation first.

I enjoyed when he guided me silently. He gave me the new gust bellower and would simply point out the path we'd need to go on. "Just a little further." Link murmured in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. His breath was soft against my neck. I walked forward a bit more and Link put his hand on my hip. "Stop. If you keep going you'll be walking in quicksand." The quicksand wasn't the issue, the issue was the giant chasm in the middle of the mining facility. We couldn't see the bottom, and Link and I didn't want to meet it.

I paused and turned where he maneuvered me. We continued our path and stopped in front of a wall. I used the bellower to blow away the sand riding up the wall. It revealed a tunnel within the wall. Link put away the bellower and his map before slowly dropping on all fours. "I hope you're not claustrophobic, (Y/n)." I watched as he entered into the tunnel, just barely big enough for him. Horror consumed my body realizing, this was the path we would have to take. "I think I just became it." I muttered whilst crawling into the tunnel after him.

I followed alongside a mine cart as it moved slowly throughout the area. "Hey, there's another lever." Link said sitting up from within it. I nodded and ran over to it, I ran up the wall and caught the lever. My body weight sank the lever down and the mine cart puttered it's way faster and through the door. The tiny time-shift stone within the cart activated the door and allowed us access. Link pulled the master key we found from his pocket and maneuvered it into the lock. The lock opened with a click and the doors creaked open a bit.

We worked together to pull the door open enough for us to fit through. Link slipped inside first and I followed after him. I pulled my blades out, Link pulled his sword as well and we stood. It looked like an arena and the floor was covered in sand. After a few beats of silence I turned to Link. "Maybe there's nothing here?" I suggested in hope. Link shook his head slowly, and that's when I could sense it. Something was underneath us. "Link," I said trying to remain calm. "Take out the bellower and blow underneath me." Link caught what I was hinting at and did as was told. He blew away a bit of sand underneath me to reveal a shell pulsing. Link and I made immediate eye contact.

Before I could even think to move, the thing underneath us burst from the ground. It had realized we knew it was hiding and knocked Link and I down. I groaned and got up, looking up to find Link's hand in my face. "Come on (Y/n)!" He said and pulled me to my feet. I retrieved my blades as fast as I could, and we stood staring at our enemy.

Fi whispered between the two of us from the sword. "This is the demon, Moldarach!" She said frantically, the tail lashed behind the giant armored bug and swung towards me first. I quickly rolled away from the tail, avoiding the hit. At the end of its tail was a large needle-like thing that would kill if we were stabbed with it. It swung around faster and hit Link. He cried out and his cry was cut short from him hitting the wall. I rushed over to him quickly, but he was slumped over himself. "No! No no no!" I whispered and tried my best to check him over. I realized that this thing would target me and could kill Link.