Betrayed Guests..

"Why did she choose me?" I heard Link ask. He pulled away from my shoulder with anger in his eyes. "Why did she choose Zelda? Did we win some sick game? She chooses the one kid in the entire town of Skyloft whose parents died before he could even remember them." Link began to pace around the Temple of Time. "I keep getting told that my courage will push me through, but there's nothing! I'm so scared, and I'm risking my life for what? I don't even know what I'm fighting other than Ghirahim."

I knew better than to interrupt Link during this, so I watched carefully. "And now I've gone and drug you into this. What happens when we get slaughtered? Then what? Suddenly the chosen hero isn't able to fight the demons today, or tomorrow and everyone is doomed. Why is this all on me? On Zelda? On us? Why did the goddess ever allow this to happen?" Link growled and held the harp Zelda had given to him, staring at it with malice. He put it on his back and pulled out his sword. "And this thing, it's nothing more than a regular sword with a guide inside of it." He snarled. Link's anger turned into sadness once again.

"What the fuck am I supposed to do? Zelda went through that portal and we don't sense her anymore." He whispered staring at me. I crossed my arms, holding myself in a comforting hug. "We follow what Impa said. We go back to the Sealed Grounds and ask the old woman for answers." I replied calmly. I didn't know how to comfort Link and his anxieties. I felt the same way. "We have each other." I said to Link. "As long as I'm around, I won't let you die." Link looked at me with a glint of hope. "Two orphans, running around just trying to save my friend." He said with a sigh and sheathed his sword.

"Yeah. As soon as this is done, I'm taking a long nap." I said as he began to walk towards a bird statue. "I plan on eating my weight in food, then a nice long nap in the sun. It sounds wonderful." I asked and closed my eyes. I pictured it, laying in the middle of a flower beds as clouds drifted past. My eyes slowly closing as the warmth of the sun covers me like a blanket. "Yeah," I hummed. "Wonderful." Link bowed and performed a prayer in front of the statue. A gust of wind picked us both off our feet and into the clouds once more.

"So, what's your deal with Ghirahim?" My head snapped towards him as we flew through the skies. "I mean, every time we encounter him you go all weird on me. It's like I can't talk to you or reach you. It scares me sometimes." It should scare you, the thought echoed through my mind. Small giggles filled my ears. "Well... Ghirahim..." I didn't know what to say. "I'll be honest with you Link," I said slowly. "Ghirahim is the reason I'm so afraid. I lived on the surface with my mother. I ended up getting sent up here by her in order to save myself after Ghirahim found where we were. She stalled him, and never came after me."

I swallowed back my anger. "I know he killed her. She just wanted the best for me, and he slaughtered her like an animal. I want him to feel the same pain and terror she went through." Link's face softened, he looked like he wanted to reach across the wingspan of our birds to give me a hug. "I'm sorry (Y/n). I truly am. I had the comfort of not knowing my parents. I wouldn't know what to do if I had that connection and it was torn away. I understand."
"That's why I know your pain, Link." I replied. "I know what you're going through, the confusion and worry about loosing Zelda. We will get her, and she will be safe. I promised. We can't let our angry emotions get the best of us. We can only fight through this battle and get to the end."

"I don't think I'm ready to meet the old woman just yet." Link said quietly. I looked at him quizzically. "Something's been itching the back of my brain. Each time we've come back to Skyloft, we go back to my home. I have no idea where you live. Why don't you show me? We've been partners for this long." Partners. The word flowed from Link's mouth effortlessly. "I mean, we definitely can. I want to warn you I only have one bed to sleep in."
"We've slept in one bed before," Link's eyes narrowed suspiciously. "What's different about this time?"

I was at a loss for words. What was different about this time? I was sharing my home with him. An intimate part of myself, that only me and Sky have ever been allowed to exist. I've been noticing the butterflies I get each time Link gets close to me. When he brushes against me or looks at me with a certain smile. My chest gets tight and my stomach fills with anxiety. The whispers seem to vanish each time it happens. Link snapped his fingers and I was brought back to reality. "Hello? (Y/n)?"

"It's this way," I said, quickly pulling at Sky's feathers. We abruptly turned and started heading towards the Eldin beacon. I lived in between Skyloft and the bamboo place. "Sky," I started with a shiver. "Let's go home." She cawed back and immediately straightened herself towards our home. I dropped above the small island north of Skyloft, landing on the flat surface. Link joined me and a look of confusion crossed his face. "You can't be serious, this can't be where you live." He said looking around. "It is." I said and smiled, wandering to the edge that faced the thunderhead. I dropped onto the vines and began climbing. I reached the small ledge just big enough to hoist myself into the crawlspace.

This island used to house a loftwing nest. Sky took me here after she found me. It has taken years, but I turned it into a suitable home. We emerged to my home, dropping down. Link and I stood. I looked around my home and realized how dusty everything had gotten since I had left. I began to tidy things up. It was a small area, and I didn't have any running water. It worked well though, for me at least. In one room there was a bed, my dresser, a table and two chairs, and a pantry. I was able to steal enough supplies to build this, and Pumm helped me as well. Carving the room out of the rock took a lot out of me. I used to just sleep in the nest that resided on my ledge.

"Wow (Y/n)..." Link said, examining my home carefully. "It's not much." I stated. "But it provided me shelter and a safe place to stay. Away from everyone." I felt Link grab my hand, and stare into my eyes. "That's the thing (Y/n), you're not alone anymore. Let's get you a house built on Skyloft. I'll talk to Jakamar about it." I stared, stunned. He looked beautiful. The cautious way he held my hand and the sincerity in his eyes. My face flushed, and my heart fluttered. "Okay, yeah. We can do that." Link smiled and let my hand go, I missed the warmth immediately.

"Good, other than my concern for how you eat and bathed... it is a very cozy place." I ignored his comment about bathing, rolling my eyes. "Thank you very much. I usually went to Pumm and Kina for food. I never stayed too long."
"They really helped you out, didn't they?" I nodded slowly. "Yeah, they did."

We talked until night came upon us. I kept glancing at my bed, a nervous buzz settling in the bottom of my stomach. Link had put his sword, shield and adventure pouches by the opening. My home grew dark, only lit by the few candles I kept. "I'm exhausted," Link said, standing to stretch. "Yeah, it's getting late." I said slowly. "I can sleep on the floor for the night, you go ahead and take the bed." I added as quick as I could. Link scoffed, crossing his arms. "Yeah right (Y/n), as if I'd ever allow that to happen." Once again I opened and closed my mouth to respond, but Link pushed me over to my bed. "You're sleeping here. I can sleep on the floor. I will not have you sleeping on the floor. We can share, but I'm not allowing you to sleep on your own floor."

I sputtered, mad and surprised I was sitting on my bed. "I... I guess fine. We can share, because I'm not having my guest sleeping on the floor." Link returned my irritated gaze with a sly smile. He nodded and crawled into the bed with me. I scooted towards the wall and took to laying towards the wall. Link faced the other direction as well, and slowly but surely I drifted to sleep.

Unfortunately, my sleep would be less than restful.