Blessing Fortune..

"Why are you here (Y/n)?" A soft voice asked quietly. I blinked, trying to look for the owner of the voice. It was soft and feminine, but the power it held made me squirm. "I'm here to help Link." I said softly. "Are you sure that's all you're here for?" The voice asked me again. "You're made of darkness." So that's what Ghirahim was talking about. "I'm not though." I whispered, trying to find this woman who was speaking to me. "I'm just a girl who's been trying her hardest to get away from a curse." The voice laughed aloud, sounding bitter. "Your mother was the one who cursed me first. I tried to take away your pain before it could even start."

"You knew this would happen?"
"I'm a goddess, dear. I know many things. Seventeen years ago your mother cursed my name. Seventeen years ago she was doomed. She made a deal with someone else."
"Why? What happened? Who did she make a deal with?" I asked, borderline desperate to know. "It doesn't matter right now. It is also not my place to tell you. I need you to promise me something (Y/n), if you wish to continue to help my hero."
"Anything." My breath caught in my throat. "I need you to promise your loyalty towards me and my hero. No matter what happens, no matter what your body tries to do, I need you to promise me the hero will be safe with you by his side." I closed my eyes, allowing my body to relax. "I promise I will give my life to keep Link safe. He means a lot to me." I wasn't lying, he truly meant the world to me. "Then, bow your head please." I did as told, and felt the presence right in front of me. "Allow me to bless you."

A blessing? From the goddess herself? I was in shock, in awe. "You cannot tell anyone about your blessing until this is all over. Youth of evil, you have given me your word that you shall keep my hero safe. Even when his quest rages on and you are nothing but mangled flesh. Should you betray this promise, I shall revoke your blessing." I waited to hear what she was blessing me with, but those words never came. Instead I felt a soft kiss pressed to my head, warmth washing over me. It felt like every single good and happy feeling at once.

I blinked, realizing I was still staring at the statue. Link was standing in front of me confused. "You stopped talking and just kept looking at the statue, I got concerned." He said softly when I looked at him. "Yeah, no don't worry about me." I said and tried to laugh it off. "I was just having a goo daydream." Link smiled and sighed with relief. "Good, because you were not responding for a moment. It worried me." I shook myself off, showing Link I was just fine. "See? I'm good, I have a lively color to my skin and my heart is beating. Feel my pulse." I said taking his hand. He searched around for a moment before frowning. "(Y/n)? I can't find your pulse." He said quietly. "I've never been able to find it either." I breathed, and smiled at him. "But I'm still alive!" Link seemed reassured. The day was still young, and we had some more time to kill.

"Can we go back to the Bazaar? I want to see what a fortune teller is!" Link thought for a moment and looked in his pouches. "I could get some potions." I smiled and took his hand, pulling him back to the Bazaar. We wandered in, and I looked at the fortune teller man. I let go of Link and rushed over to him. Link wandered off to get potions. "Hello! Welcome!" Sparrot chimed at me, his eyes staring into my soul.

"Could you tell my fortune please? I want to know my future." The man smiled and gently opened my hands. "Allow me to feel your aura first." He hovered his hands over mine and took a breath. I watched in awe, a strange feeling washing over me as he did so. He pulled his hands back and lifted a crystal ball, peering into it. "You're very powerful, aren't you dear? (Y/n), it says." He murmured. I nodded along as he watched the crystal ball, his face contorting as many emotions crossed his face. "How strange, you and the green boy are together the entire time." He then frowned and shook his head. "I'm sorry, your future is muffled for me." I looked at him shocked. "You saw many things though, I know you at least saw something." The man shook his head again. "Under my oath, it's something I cannot tell you. Please be careful, and trust your instincts is all the advice I can truly give you."

He put his crystal ball back and retreated behind his shop, avoiding me. I paid the fee and went to go find Link. He was chatting with the small family, and noticed me. "Hey! Are you done?" I nodded and Link wished them goodbye before we left the bazaar. "Well? What did you learn?" Link asked curiously. "Not much. He wouldn't tell me." Link scoffed. "That's weird, you'd think he'd be thrilled to tell you what he saw especially if it's someone new." I shrugged with a frown. "Yeah, you'd think." I bit my lip. "I think I'm ready to be done for the day, Link. We've toured the town and that fortune telling was really disappointing." Link gave me a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry (Y/n), but don't stress about it so hard. It's just a fortune, you can change your future at any time."

I thought about it and smiled. "You're right Link." I said as we approached the academy. He let me inside, and I took a moment to look at him. His kind eyes staring into me, his head tilted just a bit. Link really was handsome, wasn't he? "Well," I said clearing my throat. "Goodnight Link. I'll see you tomorrow. I'll grab my blades and we can finally get going." Link nodded in agreement before we split ways. I entered my room and cracked a few of my joints, making my way to the bed. Something caught my eye that was nestled in the blankets. I grabbed it and found two gold bracelets looped around one another. I looked around, but felt the warmth I felt at the statue in them.

The bracelets were simple and gold, carvings inside with a couple blue stones as well. I put them on, smiling to myself. I should return them though, these weren't mine. I tried to take them off, but they wouldn't come off. I looked at them worried, before I saw the Hylian Crest on it engraved. I couldn't believe it. After examining them some more, I came to a conclusion and was able to comfortably lay down to get some rest. These bracelets were testaments to my blessing from the goddess herself.

Her way of watching me without being around.