Too Real..

I woke first. Well... I guess I wouldn't really call it waking up. My consciousness faded in, and I was sitting on a throne. I moved my arms and felt chains on my wrists, fear took over my body. Darkness covered the area, and bones were beneath me. I saw another throne from the corner of my eye and shuddered. I did not want to know who sat in the bigger chair. I looked down at my outfit and found myself in a long black dress, with large slits up the sides. It had sleeves and the neck of the dress shot down in a sharp v-line. I felt exposed, and suddenly the whispers were here.

'Princess, princess! We're here!' Princess? Were they referring to me? I moved my hands and found red aura pulsing from my palms. I reached down to the where the chains connected me to the throne and broke away. "Are you that afraid to meet your father?" A voice from the bigger throne asked. I stilled in my seat, opting to remain silent. That voice was evil, I could feel my skin crawl... and something within me pulse. "No, you're just defiant. I like that. It'll make for a strong princess."

I jumped from my seat and began a brisk pace away from the thrones. Laughter echoed around me, I caught a glimpse of myself in a shattered mirror. The red was not only coming from my hands, but my eyes glowed an evil red as well. This all felt too real to be a dream. "You'll come to accept it in time, (Y/n)." The voice spoke again, eyes peered from the darkness with the same red aura. I turned to look the thing in the eyes. I found nothing but darkness. The bones under my feet cracked as I stood on them, shifting my weight uncomfortably.

I began to run. My shoes kept getting caught in the bones and I finally tripped. My legs were torn from the bones beneath me and I let out a hiss. Blood seemed to pour endlessly from the wounds... it was too unnatural. "You're wasting my work, (Y/n)!" The voice snarled. I shrunk into myself. "You'd better thank your luck. Your father has done great work to keep you functional." I closed my eyes tight, balling my hands into fists. My nails dug into my palms and I willed myself to wake up. "Don't worry, (Y/n), you'll learn to accept this truth in time. Run along back to your boyfriend."

"Link!" I awoke with a gasp, almost pushing him off the bed. Link jolted awake beside me, his arms pulled away from me in an instant. "Are you ok?" He asked, leaning over to get a look at my face. He was so close to me, I studied his morning face. "Yeah," I whispered, looking at his lips and back to his eyes. "Just a nightmare I guess." My breathing calmed, but I knew Link had studied my eyesight. His eyes drifted to my lips as well. We were too close. Dangerously close. "Okay. I think we may still have time to rest... so take that time." Link said and settled back into bed beside me. He made a point to pull his limbs from where they were wrapped around me.

My mind was racing with the memory of my nightmare. Why? What was that? Who was that? That thing referred to me as my father, multiple times. The question began bouncing around in my brain... who was my father? My mother never told me anything about him, just that he'd died before I was born. Why was I referred to as a princess? The questions kept piling on and I lay awake with nothing else to do but ponder. I was worried if I fell back asleep... I'd fall back into that dream. It felt too real to be a dream. I remembered something and slowly pulled one of my legs up. I trailed a hand down and felt it. A fresh wound. That was bleeding. What kind of nightmare was that?

Link awoke again a few hours later, and by then I was fidgeting in the bed. I was worried I would wake Link by moving too much, or really at all, so I stayed put. "You awake?" He whispered, I turned to face him slowly. "Yeah." Link smiled at me and pulled himself out of the bed. "We'd better get going then. We're almost to Zelda." Yes... Zelda. "We do as Impa said before she left. Go to the Sealed Temple and talk to the old woman." He slowly pulled the harp from his items. "And learn to play this." His fingers danced on the strings lightly. Gentle music was made. "This is the key to helping Zelda." I smiled and gathered my things. "What are we waiting for then?" I asked with a mischievous smile.

"Let's learn to play the Goddesses harp!"

(Debated on deleting this since it's just a filler... but it's whatever lol)