Daunting Dreams..

Before the two of us could even think, or want to leave for Eldin we realized the sun was about to dip below the clouds for the night. Link turned to me, with a look of disappointment on his face. "It'd be too dangerous to arrive this late." He said softly. "We'd have to find a safe place to sleep. Since we haven't left, I'd say we simply spend the night up here." I nodded in agreement. I didn't have the heart to mention, I didn't know exactly where we'd go anyway. There was only one place to drop in, and that was Faron.

Link led me back to Skyloft, informing me that I would be taking the room I had slept in before. Apparently that room was supposed to be Kina's, but since she lived elsewhere it was rarely used. Link and I bid each other a soft goodnight, and I went to my room. The door downstairs to his room, presumably, shut. No locks on the doors. Obviously, it was extremely safe here. I couldn't help but fight my anxiety just a little bit.

Sleep wouldn't come without the nightmares. The whispers seemed to control me instead of beckon me. I felt like a puppet, watching from inside of my eye sockets. No matter how hard I pressed on my brain to move differently I couldn't. And I hurt people. All I could do was watch front row, screaming, crying, anything to stop the pain.

I awoke, sitting up faster than I could think. I sat shaking, gasping for air. I looked at my hands and flexed them in front of my eyes. Then I took the time to kick my legs out. I put my fingers to my pulse and sighed softly, unable to find it. I stood and grabbed the clothes I had scattered across the floor and took my blades. I decided to just put on my pants, my shirt could stay in its place on the floor. I was covered enough. I opened the door and quietly wandered out, walking to the nearest door. The cool air outside greeted me.

I crossed my arms over my chest, realizing that I may have wanted my shirt after all. I tentatively stepped off and away from the Academy's doorstep, deciding to wander the town when it was quiet enough for me to think. As I looked around, I read each sign aquatinting myself with the people who lived here. I was planning to become one of them, anyway. A flash of red light momentarily blinded me, but then I watched as it dipped beneath the clouds. I rushed to the edge of the island to watch. The red beam of light cleared an area of the clouds, leaving behind a red beacon similar to the one directing us to Faron.

Below the clouds all I could see was fire, angry red. It took my breath away how pretty it was. Was that Eldin? Had it revealed itself to Link and I in the night? I turned towards where the light had come from. The statue of Hylia. I smiled to myself and stood from my kneeling position. I wandered some more, coming upon the bridge to the river. Small bugs blinked at me, their pretty little lights. I sat and watched, the serenity of this scene carrying any anxiety I had left with the river.

My arms rested against the cold stone of the bridge, and for another moment I wished maybe I had more covering my torso. It was quite cold out. I closed my eyes, breathing in the air. My nightmare, I could piece it together with more understanding now. It was almost like I was watching from the outskirts instead of inside.

My mother, screaming on her knees with a tiny bundle wrapped in her arms. She cursed Hylia, screaming with all of her might. Diamonds cascaded my memory, and suddenly mother was sobbing again. This time, a soft cry wailed with her.

"Are you alright?" Link's gentle and sleep deprived voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I turned, opening my eyes to look at him. He was dressed in a plain white night shirt and some pants that seemed to be put on backwards. His hair was obviously missing it's hat, the blonde hair running wild. "I'm alright. What are you doing awake, and out here?" I asked. Link smiled softly. "I could ask you the same thing." That's when I noticed he had his sword with him.