Stretching Heat..

((I'm thinking of writing a totally different Skyward Sword fanfiction because this is getting unsalvageable lmfao))

I felt someone begin to shake me. Then I began to hear a soft murmuring. I slowly opened my eyes and met with Link's. He smiled and stepped back as I blinked awake. "Get ready. We've gotta head out." He said softly before leaving the room. I stretched out, feeling my limbs crack and pop. I threw my legs over the bed and got ready swiftly. My throat felt dry, I figured I must've breathed with my mouth open throughout the night. One last glance at the mirror and I opened the door. Link was standing outside and jumped at the abruptness.

He held out his arms, showing he had my blades in hand. "I grabbed them for you this morning so we could leave immediately." He said, and then pulled out a larger cloth from one of his pouches. "I also got you a sailcloth as well." I took them with wide eyes, strapping them back to their rightful places, I then tied the sailcloth around my shoulders. "Thank you." I whispered, voice still hoarse from the night. "I'm excited to try them out." Link beamed and we rushed outside and off the island. Our whistles chimed for our loftwings simultaneously. They sounded like two bells ringing in the wind.

Sky caught me elegantly, and I relaxed on her back. I figured it would be one of the last in a while where I'd get to fully relax. I followed Link towards the giant red column of light that loomed before us. I could see the rest of the angry red earth beneath. I didn't know whether to be intimidated or afraid for my life. I watched Link dismount from his loftwing and fall to the ground below. With a sigh I allowed myself to slip off of Sky's side. She cawed down panicked, but I smiled at her. "I'm ok!" I called, and turned myself to face the ground. My arms spread wide like wings of an angel. Ash and smoke billowed from underneath making it harder to breathe as Link and I drew closer to the ground. I felt like I was forever choking.

Link showed me how to use my sailcloth by using his own and talking me through the process. I almost lost my grip on it, but managed to keep ahold as we drifted down and landed together. I scanned the place, putting the sailcloth in its rightful place. This time, I felt no pull to anything. The heat from this place boiled underneath my skin, and I could tell Link felt it as well.

His sword gleamed for a moment before the spirit leapt out. "Welcome to Eldin Volcano." She spoke softly. "This place is an active volcano rich with the power of the earth. Approximately 65% of the land if covered in lava. It is inhabited by a large number of creatures that thrive in the extreme heat and direct flame. Please exercise caution, as fabric and wood will catch fire. In case of emergencies put the flame out immediately." With a bow Fi made her exit. Link and I stood, wiping sweat away already. We began our march, figuring out a way to go.

"Hey, look up there." He said steering me towards the summit of the volcano. Atop was a beautiful temple, sitting high and mighty amongst the rubble below. "I think I know where we have to go." I said sarcastically. "You think?" Link asked with a playful eye roll. As we made our way, we found some very dangerous plants. Fi came out to warn us that these flowers are extremely flammable and even explosive. We could use them as weapons if treated correctly. As we crossed a bridge, a women with a black cloak stood atop the archway that opened up into the volcanos mouth. "Link! Zelda is this way, hurry!" She called, and vanished amongst the stone. Link and I looked at one another in shock before proceeding.

As luck would have it the two of us came upon a very steep mountain. Bokoblins stood at different areas throwing boulders down as soon as they spotted us. "Yeah, absolutely not. Is there any other way?" I asked and watched as Link pulled out a map. "It doesn't look like it." He sighed and put it away. "I guess we have to run up there." I groaned and thought of something. "Last one up there has to bathe the winners loftwing." Link looked at me with a challenging smirk. "Alright, deal." Loftwings were notorious for hating baths. Especially spoiled ones like Sky.

We shot like arrows up the mountain, each of us respectively stopping at different platforms to kick Bokoblin butt. Link had gained the lead, racing to the top the fastest. He hooked his fingers around the last ledge and began to pull himself up. In a split second I saw a foot stomp on his hand, and Link let go with a pained yelp, sliding down the slope back to the ledge below. As he was sliding I launched myself up, and over to that Bokoblin. I startled it so badly it dropped the boulder right atop itself and died immediately. I breathed a sigh of relief and pushed it away from the slope. "It's all clear!" I called and marched over, killing the other Bokoblin.

Link flung himself over the ledge and laid there for a moment with a groan. "Is your hand alright?" I asked worriedly. "Yea, he just crushed my fingers. They're not broken though, just in pain for the moment." He said. "I'm so hot! It's so hot here. I wanna get Zelda and go home as soon as possible." Link said sitting up. "Yeah, because you sir," I smirked triumphantly. "Have to bathe my lovely Sky!" Link rolled his eyes. "Shut up before I shove you back down the mountain." He said as I helped him stand back up.

We had met with a species that lives underground. Exactly who Fi had been referring to earlier. They kindly gave Link a pair of their digging gloves to uncover treasure as well as other useful things. We realized from eavesdropping that the key to the temple had been broken, scattered and buried around the volcano. Fi helped up by locating the key fragments. She scanned the makeup of the first piece we had found (out of sheer luck) and pointed us towards the other 5 pieces.

"Do you think she was right?" Link asked softly as we fiddled with the key. "That Zelda is down in this temple?" He sighed quietly. I shrugged as the key snapped into place. "There's only one way to find out." The door opened and a hot blast of hair smacked both of us in the face. If that air was anything but a telltale sign, out here was a lot cooler than in there. "I'm so excited for the spring thats here." Link said flatly, I snickered.

We began the decent into the temple, sweat dripping down my back. I felt disgusting, but Link was no better. His shirt was turning a darker color in some areas, and his hair stuck to his head and neck. Dehydration should have concerned me more than it did in that moment.

*^* Time Skip *^*

We adventured around the temple, fighting, finding treasure and gaining a bomb bag. Link found a piece of the temple that had been breaking off, an eyeball, that he could use to get across the lava. Was it safe? Absolutely not. I was appalled Link was able to balance on top for so long and so effortlessly. He held me in his arms and transported me across the rivers of lava, setting me down and standing still. "That door," he said pointing, I followed his finger. "Is where we have to go through." I looked back at him.

"I've gotta go open that, you stay here." He said, anxiety jumped up in my body. "You're leaving me alone? What if something happens to you?" I asked quickly. Link shrugged and smiled. "You'll figure it out. Besides, I'll be fine." And with those words he was off, trailing off into a hole in the wall. I looked over myself, and found a gnarly burn on my calf. It looked like it was already healing though, so I left it. After a while Link returned and a staircase had formed before me. "Sorry it took so long! I didn't realize how many monsters had infested this place."

"I'm just glad you're back." I said honestly. Link smiled and we continued our way through. On one platform we saw chains that were strewn across and broken. Fi informed us that Zelda was trapped, but someone had helped her. We just missed her by a second. Link cursed, and suddenly we felt the ground begun to shake. It stopped and then a giant boulder rolled above our heads upon a giant skeleton. "Follow it." I said immediately, sensing something. Link complied and we both followed the spine of a large creature. After outrunning that same boulder we got a giant key to unlock a giant door behind a curtain of lava.

We unlocked the door and stepped inside, the heat at its highest point. Before us was a sloped walkway and the skeleton had finally formed a head. Link and I poked around before I sensed evil. My hairs stood on alert and the whispers came back with a vengeance. Here! Oh he's here he's here! I groaned and rubbed my ears, trying to silence them. Then Link and I heard it together, that dammed laugh of that dammed demon.

"Oh thank goodness! I was getting bored waiting."