Appealing Strength..

I awoke hearing footsteps above my head. Those footsteps were followed by talking, and soon I was wide awake. I opened my eyes, realizing I was facing Link. He had managed to get comfortable on his back, and I was using him as a pillow. His arm was under my pillow and my head rested against his chest, and I listened to his steady heartbeat. I resigned to closing my eyes and relaxing, the warmth of our body heat together really made it hard to even want to move.

Laughter and then the hard shut of a door outside of the room, however tempted me to leave. I slithered out of the bed, put on my clothes and wandered out of the room. I combed through my hair with my fingers, and a man at the end of the hallway spotted me. He looked to be around my age, maybe a bit older. His outfit was like Link's, but yellow. He posed no threat to me, thankfully, so I decided to approach. He wore a warm smile, much like the warmth of his outfit. "Good morning! I'm afraid I've never seen you before, which is surprising!" He said and stuck out his hand. I slowly took it, and he firmly shook my hand.

"I'm Pipit, what's your name?" I smiled back. "It's (Y/n)." The man's eyes lit up and he pulled his hand away. "You're the talk of the town, aren't you? Zelda goes missing and instead you appear in her place." He noticed the worried expression that crossed my face. "That's not to say we blame you at all! Accidents happen... we're just glad to know she's at least safe." I cleared my throat awkwardly. "Yeah, I kinda felt responsible so that's why I'm helping Link." My stomach growling cut off my train of thought. "Is there anywhere I can get breakfast? I have some money so," I dug in my pockets and Pipit laughed.

"Come on, I'll lead you over. I have just one more question for you. How come I haven't seen you around before?" He asked, and began to walk me down the opposite end of the hall. I could smell good. "I live on the furthest island. Not many people go out that far, and I wasn't really that keen on meeting people after my mother passed away. I see now that I definitely should have come around sooner." Pipit shrugged and stopped in front of a doorway to a small eating area, and behind was a place I could get my own food. "Well, I'm glad you're here now. Go ahead and grab what you'd like, there's no need to pay. I'll see you around!" And with that the man went back to patrolling the halls.

There were 3 boys in the eating area already. They munched on their own respective foods and chatted amongst themselves. I threw together some breakfast for myself and sat down, the tallest one stared me down and whispered to the other two. I tried to ignore it and snatched a book that was thrown on another table. I started reading and slowly eating before the whispers finally were drowned out by the words filling my head. A hand covered the page I was reading, forcing me to look at what the appendage belonged to. "Good morning dear. I don't believe I've seen you around before." The one with fire red hair smiled at me, the one who was covering my book.

"Uh, hello." I said softly, trying to push his hand out of my way. "You have not, I'm new." The shortest one elbowed the red haired one, smiling wide. "Well, that's just great! My pal Groose here has been missing his lovely lady friend since she's went missing!" He chuckled. Groose blushed in embarrassment before looking at me. "Yeah, well if you ask me it's that weakling Link's fault. If I were with her, she would still be standing with us. Swooning over me." I was to stunned to speak. The tallest one just continued to stare at me with a smirk on his face as the other two giggled together.

"So, what's your name?" Groose spoke, and my brain figured he must be the leader to this group. "It's (Y/n)," I said simply. "And if you'd please move your hand that'd be great. I'm trying to read."
"Well, (Y/n), I think you should be looking at something more appealing." Groose said with a smirk, the other two laughed behind him. They both quietly said a praise to him, egging him on. "I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean by that." I said flatly.

"Let's cut to the chase then. Since Zelda has obviously been too preoccupied with puny and hasn't seen what she's missing I'm giving you a chance. You're just as beautiful as her, and I like that. Where she had the goddess-like beauty you give off a more dangerous, independent beauty." Groose said. "Something Skyloft hasn't ever seen, can't you picture it (Y/n)? You and I?" Again, it took everything in me for my jaw to not drop at his arrogance. I could definitely imagine him and I together. He'd parade me around like a weird trophy and when we'd go home he'd sit around and whine all day. I'd be miserable for the rest of my life. Yeah, no thanks.

"I appreciate the honesty as well as the compliments, but I'm not looking to date you at the moment." I said bluntly. "We just met, and I don't really like the way you're coming onto me." Groose's face lit up in hot, red anger. "Why you little— I just don't get women!" He spat, storming off. The two goonies he left behind quickly followed, leaving me finally. "Look at you handling yourself!" Link's familiar voice made me relax. He sat down opposite from me with his own food. "Did you see that?" I asked quietly. "Of course I did, he's the loudest person here. He actually woke me up earlier. I 'got up' after you left." Link confessed.

I laughed to myself, closing the book. "I heard someone walking above us, that's why I got up." Link nodded, understanding. "I've been sleeping there forever. I've obviously gotten very used to it." A beat of silence passed as we took the time to eat. "Good job, by the way. Although, now that he knows you exist he's not going to stop bothering you." I laughed and then thought for a moment. Groose kept referring to Link as puny and weakling. "Does Groose like you at all?" I asked. Link rolled his eyes. "Don't get me started on him. We've had an issue since we were introduced to each other." I raised an eyebrow.

"He's always been jealous of mine and Zelda's relationship. He's been trying to go out with her since before he lost his first tooth. Groose seems to think that by bullying me at every chance he gets Zelda will come running to him once she sees how 'weak' I am." He said, getting irritated. "I've always been smaller than him, which doesn't bother me but he tries to make it get under my skin. It did for a long time though." I gently touched Link's hand trying to comfort him. "I'm sorry that's happened to you for so long." I said softly. "I'm really proud you've been able to work past caring though, that's super important! I'm also glad you're confident in yourself, even after all that."

Link gave me a soft side smile. "Thanks (Y/n). That means a lot." I nodded and continued eating. "Once we finish eating, I'm going to ask that we get going back to the surface as fast as possible. I don't want to waste any more time than we already have."
"Yeah, of course. Just let me put back the room and grab the rest of my things." I said quietly. We ate together in silence, and I finished first. I put my dishes where other dirty dishes were gathered. I went to grab my pillow and blanket, returning them to Kina's room. I freshened myself up in the mirror, getting any knots in my hair out. I thought back to the conversation Link and I had, and it truly saddened me. I couldn't imagine being ridiculed like that daily, especially if it got worse.

Link was very strong to be able to endure that without batting a single eye.