My Revenge..

When daylight broke the next morning, I was already downstairs waiting for Link. He wandered out, cracking stiff joints and a different sword on his back. "Where'd you get that?" I asked giving him a look. "Family heirloom." Link muttered, stretching out. "You ready or what?" He asked with a loud groan. I jumped up from my seat beside the stairs. "Absolutely." Link solemnly nodded, and walked out the door. I trailed behind him. He walked up to a platform and sighed. "It's too early for this." He whispered, and I could hear him under his breath. "It's for Zelda." He leaped off the platform, and in a moment a shrill whistle was heard. I stood at the edge watching his loftwing carry him. There was a large green beacon in the air, which confused me. It wasn't there yesterday.

I stared into the gaping clouds, the green below calling to me. Calling me... home. The whispers came back again, and before I could even listen to what they had to say I leapt off the platform. I whistled, and in moments I was caught by my beautiful golden bird. I followed close behind Link, dropping as he did. As we were falling through the cloud barrier, I thought for a moment... how the hell was I going to land safely?

Panic coursed through me and I began to shriek. Link caught my panic and grabbed ahold of my hands, pulling me into him. I wrapped my arms around him instinctively, in a moment we stopped falling as fast. I looked up to see Link had a sailcloth in his hands, guiding us down carefully. "Are you alright?" He asked, I nodded sheepishly. "What was your plan landing?" He asked. "Honestly? I didn't realize I needed one. I guess I should have thought ahead a bit." I replied, Link chuckled.

We landed softly, and I took in the scenery. The place we landed had a giant spiraled landscape, going all the way down. It looked like it almost kissed the underworld with how deep it was. "What is this place?" I whispered, and Link seemed to be looking as well. "I don't know." It was like this place was a distant memory for me. Except... it has changed the last I'd been here. The whispers were back, louder than ever. I tried to drown them out as they welcomed me home, screaming to go down to the middle.

These were the Sealed Grounds.

I turned to Link, who stared at where the seal sat. His glare became intense, he watched something I couldn't see. I sure as hell could feel it though. The evil breathed from within the ground, reaching out to taint this beautiful forest full of life. There was something else I could sense as well. A divine power, which made me want to cower in fear. The sword strapped to Link's back seemed to hiss, waiting for its chance to be used.

The whispers converged together, getting louder until it was right in my ear. "(Y/n)." I gasped, tears forming in my eyes. I covered my mouth, trying not to call out like a child again. "(Y/n)..." Her beautiful voice sang out again from the woods. I used to play in these woods, didn't I?

It was so long ago, long before I could even spell my name. If only I could see her again, feel her warmth and love. It was as if I were a child again when I turned to look for her.

What did I ever do to deserve it? I closed my eyes, trying hard to remember her.

"Welcome back (Y/n)." I opened my eyes, in my mothers arms. I rested my head against her chest, listening to her heartbeat. She smelled like love and home, I wish I could replicate it. She would whisper to me stories of her people, how we're one of the last few left. She warned me to stay away from this place, that only us and the Kikwi are to coexist. She told me about my condition. About how much she loves me, and how she wishes she were part of the sky tribe. Mother loved me so much, she sacrificed everything.

I was too young to realize, I would be her demise. She told me I couldn't die.

A man covered in diamonds appeared one day. He was kind and warm, just like mother. He played with me, and one day I showed him mother.

I will kill that man with my bare hands.

Mother saw and smiled at me warmly. She grabbed my shoulders tightly, whispered how much she loved me and how I need to go and pray at the statue. As soon as I left, my mother began to sob. I peeked and saw the man take a sword and stab her through. The image is burned in my brain, and my legs moved for me bringing me to the statue.

I stopped and dropped down to my knees, whispering any prayer I could remember. It's hard to remember one when you're only 4. "Little princess! Don't go yet!" Chills ran down my spine as I turned, the first time I genuinely feared for my life. The man in diamonds stuck out his tongue in a mockingly playful way, his tongue way too long. "Wouldn't you like to pay your father a visit before you go? I'm sure he'd love to see how big you've grown!" I sucked in a shaky breath. "My father died years ago."
"Oh my dear, you're sorely mistaken. My master can't ever die to some measly humans."

The wind around us picked up, and I pressed my back to the statue. "Please go away." I whispered, almost in tears. A high pitched ringing was heard from behind me. A gust of wind yanked me from the ground and flung me into the skies above. The cloud barrier was broken, and I screamed as loud as I could. A beautiful iridescent, gold bird snatched me from the air. My lovely, darling Sky. Who saved my life.

"Sky." Link said, and I looked up at him. I hadn't realized during everything, I had kneeled down. "Sorry, I don't know what came over me." I mumbled standing up and brushing myself off. "I think I know. Whatever is down there is evil, and I think I need to seal it better." Link said and took a deep breath. "I need to go down there, are you coming?" I nodded, stretching my body. "Nothing I can't do!" I said smiling reassuringly at him. "Good. Let's go." He said and jumped from the cliff to the next area. The whispers had gone silent, and I looked down into the spiraled area. I had no other choice than to face it.

I followed him down.