Mistaken Promises..

Ghirahim stood atop the stone monsters head laughing at us deviously. "Oh! It's you two!" He called out. "Let me see... no that's not it. This is so very embarrassing, but I seem to be at a loss for your name. Not that it matters," he scoffed. "To tell you the truth, I'm feeling a bit frustrated right now. I just need someone to vent to." Link and I exchanged concerned looks before drawing our attention back to Ghirahim. "I heard my underlings had finally captured the spirit maiden, so of course I rushed over here. What can I say? I was excited. Flustered even. But what did I find when I arrived? That agent of the goddess," he hissed dangerously. He mumbled to himself, then burst in anger. "That goddess serving dog," he screamed. "Escaped with the girl! I must have the spirit maiden in order to resurrect my master. I must have her!"

Link's head snapped over to me. "Was that..?"
"The lady who called out to us on the bridge? I'd assume." I whispered back. Ghirahim seemed to have stopped his anger. He sighed for a moment. "I got a little carried away there, didn't I? I don't deal well with complications to plans I've laid out so carefully. It's a character flaw of mine." He said and chuckled a bit to himself. "Ah, but something good can still come from this day. I've had all this bottled up anger smoldering inside me, and now I can release it."

"Oh no." I whispered, my hands trailed down to the handles of my blade. Link also looked ready to fight. "There's someone special I'd like you to meet. Oh, don't be shy! I need to vent all this unhealthy anger, and your agony is such a great stress reliever." Ghirahim stepped back to position himself. "It won't take more than a few moments with my friend before you two are charred to a satisfying crisp. And let me tell you, that will put a spring in my step!" With a snap of his fingers he was gone in a cloud of diamonds.

The room began to shake, the dragon's mouth opened as a large stone ball began rolling down at us. "Run!" Link screamed, and the two of us took off in different directions. We rolled away and watched as it hit the ledge. Cracks formed along its body and six legs spring out of the body. It opened its mouth, and with an ear splitting roar the thing caught fire. With a gasp I began to run up the slope, scrambling to avoid it as fast as possible. Link ran ahead of me, and we both rushed towards the door. "We've gotta fight this thing." He said horrified. "But how?" I asked. The monster seemed to answer my question as it marched up the slope. It hit the bomb flowers on the side and rolled all the way back down.

We watched as it sucked in air and began shooting fireballs back out of its mouth and towards us. Link and I dodged them. "I think we have to make it eat the bombs!" I said to Link. He nodded. "Yeah, I'm thinking we hit him again. He rolls down, we go in for the kill." I nodded and grabbed out my new bomb bag, filling it up. Link did the same. The monster began crawling up the slope and I threw a bomb, hitting it. In a moment Link and I ran down following it. Link threw a bomb as soon as the monster opened its mouth to suck in air. The bomb went in, and Link's eyes widened. "(Y/n)! Back up!" I realized a bit too late how close I was, the blast knocked me back. I slid off the side and began to scream, grabbing onto the ledge as best as I could.

The lava below me bubbled, it seemed to reach out for my legs. I scrambled to pull myself back up. The monster began marching up, and the shaking made my hands slip. I screamed louder, I didn't know what else to do. "Let us help." I heard a soft whisper, clear in my mind. My brain clouded and I stopped struggling as I felt my body move on its own accord. It felt like I just took steps back up to safety. When I was finally safe on the platform the heavy feeling was gone. I was able to move again, and all the noise and chaos came rushing back. The distant yell I was hearing now seemed louder than ever. "(Y/n)! MOVE!" My head snapped up to see the big boulder rolling straight at me.