Temple Trouble..

Link quickly figured out how to unlock the door. He crouched and pulled the door open for us, motioning for me to go in first. I ducked underneath and he followed suit. The door slammed shut behind us. The darkness enveloped us, and I reached out to grab Link. "I don't want to loose you when I can't see." I told him, I felt Link take my hand and hold it. The musty air that wafted from below the staircase was thick, and slowly Link and I descended the stairs.

As we walked there were cold drafts of air, getting colder as we went deeper underground. Our eyes were starting to adjust, little by little I could see. At the bottom there was something glowing faintly. We slowly got closer and I realized it was a mushroom that was glowing, not only that... every piece of life down here was glowing. Dripping could be heard from somewhere deeper within the temple.

Link let go of my hand, pulling away to investigate. I watched as he disappeared for a moment, then I sensed someone else with us. Behind me. I whipped around to the staircase, seeing the memory of a man cascaded in diamonds. The aura of darkness followed him and he vanished as soon as it reached me. I shuddered at the sight, hating the feeling that I craved to meet him. I craved to worship his power.

"Hey (Y/n), I think I found something." Link called, I shook my head clearing the whispers and ran to catch up to him. I saw a silhouette behind him, and I pulled out my blade. I marched forward and stabbed my blade over his shoulder, narrowly missing him. The shadow fizzled into nothing. Link stood, scared and confused before he gently grabbed my arm. "What was that?" He asked turning around. "Sorry," I murmured. "I thought I saw something behind you." I sheathed my blade quietly. "Next time, tell me." Link said firmly. I nodded, feeling exhausted already.

"I'm sorry." I said and shook myself. "I feel really paranoid down here, like someone is watching us." I admitted, Link sighed and looked around the room. "Yeah, I know what you mean. I keep seeing shadows move as well." He then flashed a brilliant smile at me. "But, keep your head on! We can do this, together." I nodded and took a deep breath, and we went further into the temple. We avoided large webs, getting grossed out each time one had the audacity to touch me.

"You know," I said thoughtfully. "Those mushrooms kinda look like your eyes." Link laughed. "I don't remember seeing spots in my eyes." I smirked. "Oh, I'll give you some spots to see with that attitude. Take the compliment."
"Why, thank you (Y/n)."
"How courteous of you, Link, you're very welcome."

We managed to open a door with a red ruby and Link showing off his climbing skills. "Tell me if something happens, ok?" I nodded and looked around. I heard him hit the ruby, and suddenly the bars in front of the door beside me lifted. "Let's go!" I shouted, lifting the door to open it. "Wow, this is a lot heavier than I thought." I grunted as Link snickered, running underneath it. I ducked under after him, leaving the door to slam shut.

The room was divided into a small area that went up, and two pathways around it leading to a barred door. I went around, and Link walked up onto the platform area. A soft click was heard, and Link sucked in a breath. "(Y/n)." He breathed, and I stepped back. Link had his sword out, and the eye was intently trained to it. He slowly moved it around, the eye following it.

"What am I supposed to do?" He asked aloud. "I think that's what is locking the door. Can you stab it?" I asked, trying not to scare the eye. "I can't reach it that far out, even if I tried a jump attack." Link said, continuing to move the sword around. I thought for a moment and ran up behind Link. I took his arm and slowly moved the sword in circles, the eye following it. After a few twirls the eye got dizzy and collapsed from the wall. The door opened with a click. "Hey! Great job!" Link said turning to smile at me. I smiled back, glad I could help. I leapt down in front of the door playfully. With a shout Link rushed past me, leaving me behind in giggles.

"To the next room!"