Sands of Time..

We returned to Skyloft and Link placed the tablet into the goddess statue. I stood awkwardly behind him, my eyes tracing the patterns on the bracelets I was given. "I noticed you got those a while back." Link spoke, startling me out of my focus. "Oh... yea." I mumbled and shrugged it off. "Sky brought them to me from my house a while ago." I said trying to find an excuse. Link raised an eyebrow but didn't press me further. "They're pretty, the gems on there are interesting." I nodded and allowed Link to look over them himself. He gently took my forearm in one hand and moved the bracelet with his free hand. "Wow, I don't know how you ever got these on." He said with surprise. "Or off, for that matter. There's barely any room for me to fit a finger in there." He tried and showed he could just barely fit a pinkie in between my skin and the bracelet.

"Yeah, I have to basically dislocate my hand to fit them in." I said continuing to watch him. We exited the statue and watched as a column of yellow stood tall and bright from within the clouds. The night had overtaken, leaving Link and I alone in the cool air. The sadness around us was choking. "Look at us," Link murmured. I turned to look at him curiously. "We're banged up, bruised and scarred. Just two complete idiots trying to save someone who doesn't even want to be saved." He said bitterly. I stood in shock, the man who had been so eager to find and save Zelda was... so easily beaten by a few harsh words?

I reached out and placed my hand on his shoulder, thinking of what I should say. "She wants to come home, I can feel it." I whispered softly. "You two have a duty to uphold, and she wants to get it done as fast she can. Now you have to do it just as fast." I said, Link met my eyes. "She has a companion now, and so do you." Link's hand raised to hold onto my arm, and he gave a soft smile. "We can do this together Link, we've already put our lives on the line for one another a couple times. You can't give up just because Zelda's protector was mean, she was yelling at both of us. Not just you."

Link's eyes were watery as he looked away with a cough. I pulled my hand back, and Link took a deep breath to calm himself. "What would I be doing without you (Y/n)?" He murmured, giving me a thankful smile. "Is there any way I can repay you for helping me?" I shook my head. "I really care about you Link." I said honestly. "The way you talk about Zelda makes me want to care about her too, I just want to help and to see you succeed."

"Your parents would be honored to have such an amazing child." Link said with a smile, and it just seemed to hit me. Tears filled my eyes, and my heart ached. "Thanks. I'd like to think mom would be proud of me." I whispered. "Not your father?" Link asked. "I— I don't know much about my dad." I croaked. Link nodded, relating to me. "Your parents would be proud of you too." I said to him. Link gave a smile. "C'mon," Link said wrapping his arm around my shoulders and giving me a squeeze. "Let's go to bed." I nodded in agreement as we walked away in comfortable silence.

"I'm sure your family would be proud of you as well. You're doing amazing things, Link."

"This land used to flourish with life, dramatic environmental change effected the area and it became a desert." Fi informed us. Link and I watched as the magical stone turned the desert into a grassland. The change rippled out and stopped at an arms length. It felt like a breath of fresh air was released into this drab place. Fi returned to her resting place within the sword, and I looked around. "How sad." I whispered looking at Link. "They've been wiped out down here, so you think that'll happen to us?" He shrugged. "It would take a long time for this to happen, so I don't think so."

Satisfied for the time being Link helped me into the mine cart and we rode our way deeper into the desert. I studied Link's face as he carefully pulled out his map and marked something down. The way he held his stub of a pencil in his mouth while looking around. His eyes met mine and I looked away quickly, an embarrassed blush spreading across my face. I heard him chuckle under his breath. We came to our stop and I finally looked at the surroundings.

There were ruins, Fi was right. This was a flourishing civilization, thousands of years of drought must have brought it down. The thought of so many things dying made my heart sink into my stomach. "Wow," Link breathed out. "It's... so depressing." I made a noise in agreement. I looked over and noticed his grimace. I pulled my eyes away and stood from the mine cart. "Come on! There's someone in this desert we can save." I said and took his hand. Link grasped back and I pulled him out with me. I really need to stop staring at him for so long.

Link and I found out the only feasible entrance into the Temple of Time wasn't outside, but through a secret entrance within a mining facility. The only way to get though this mining facility was to get it up and running... mostly, anyway.

The mechanism into the facility was a pain in the ass. It took me holding the map in front of Link, with him turning a giant lock using his sword. This was after we had gotten the keys to each level of the lock. The power generator began to thrum with power as Link clicked the last piece into place. He pulled out his sword and suddenly the ground began to shake.

Link panicked and grabbed my arm, wary of loosing me in case we had to battle. I clung onto him as well. The open sand pit before us began to rise, sand falling away to reveal a giant staircase to an underground domain. I watched with my mouth agape, the dry air making me cough a bit. As soon as it had begun, it had stopped. The last of the sand fell away and the staircase beckoned us over. I turned to Link, and he gave me a laugh. "That's an entrance to a temple if I've ever seen one." He said, his hand traveled down and clasped mine. Our fingers intertwined with one another and he led me inside.

The cool air inside truly felt amazing versus the hot sun outside.

__________
Welcome back to this, uhhh it's almost June... happy pride :)