The Elder..

My boyfriend found this picture for me because I was crying, praise him.| - 2016 Sword
BAHAHHA OMFG GUYS, I AM A RAGING LESBIAN NOW BRO AHHAHAHA. Fictional men are still hot tho lol - 2022 Sword
====================

The elder looked between Link and I, his eyes stopping to study my face for a moment more. "What are you two doing here?" He asked us, obviously not pressing the issue. We both seemed to have the mutual agreement that we knew one another, but not well enough to acknowledge it. Link stepped forward to speak. "Hello Elder Bucha, my name is Link. I have come to see if you know of another human girl who has passed through." The elder kikwi seemed lost in thought. "Yes I have! But my memory is fuzzy, if you can find the rest of my tribe and ensure they are safe then I will be able to remember better." Link shrugged his shoulders and turned to me. "Hide and seek?" He asked, I looked at him confused. "What's that?"

Link almost looked offended by that question. "You've never played hide and seek?" I shrugged. "I was too young to remember living with anyone else." Link turned to the elder and gave his thanks, promising we would find the rest of the tribe. As he led me away, he explained the game to me. I nodded along, and it seemed simple enough. However, to these poor Kikwi it's not a game. It's life and death, sadly.

So maybe it wasn't fair for Link to be able to point out every hiding place. His sword seemed to weirdly detect where each member of the tribe was. Every now and then he would tell me to stay back and he'd wander off. It'd sound like he's talking to someone, but just quiet enough where I can't hear. Every time he came back, he was alone and I'd always check to see if anyone was hiding. It made me feel crazy, almost.

Thankfully, the rest of the adorable Kikwi tribe was safe and happy to know everyone else was alright as well. Link and I fought all of the Bokoblin that tainted the area off to ensure their safety. As we made our way back to the elder, Link cleared his throat. I turned my attention to him and noticed he stopped. "Look, I can't help but notice that not only did that woman in the temple recognize you but so did the Kikwi elder. I understand not trusting headmaster Gaeopora, but if we're going to continue I need you to be honest with me." He said simply. "I refuse to put my life in someone's hands that doesn't trust me."

I was stunned, my mouth had run dry and my body cold. I sighed for a moment, allowing my guard to drop. "Honest.." I murmured. "Yes, I do need to be honest." Link perked up. "Unfortunately, I have heard stories of my father. He wasn't, or isn't, the greatest man. His reputation follows me like a sickness. I used to live down here, but I barely remember any of it. My mother sent me to live in the skies when I was barely old enough to speak full sentences. She passed shortly after because she never joined me. My name isn't Sky," I chuckled. "That's my Loftwing's name. My name is (Y/n)."

"(Y/n)." Link whispered and smiled. "Thank you for sharing with me. What does your father have to do with it?" I sighed and shrugged. "I don't know. Anyone I ever asked refused to tell me who he was, and after a while I had no one to ask." Link nodded and held out his hand. "Well, (Y/n), let me lay it out for you. I don't care about who your father was, I care about who you are now. Are you someone I can entrust my life in? Can I trust Zelda's life in your hands?" I took his hand in a firm grip, smiling at him with relief. Finally, someone who hears my name and doesn't look at me like a smear in the ground. "Absolutely. Can I trust you to do the same?" I asked Link. "Of course. We're partners." He insisted.

"Partners." I whispered softly. Link nodded and pulled his hand from mine. "Let's go inform the elder of our findings, and figure out where Zelda went." He said. I smiled and followed his lead to where we left the giant kikwi.

"When the girl came to me–"
"Zelda."
"She seemed very distressed, so I took it in my power to hide her. Then while I was taking a nap she sprung from my stomach and bolted to the temple."
"Skyveiw temple?" Link asked, I thought of the abandoned structure. "That's the one!" Bucha said. "There's something I have that should help you." I realized that he began to lean forward. "Run!" I yelped and rolled out of the way, Link following along. We managed to narrowly avoid being crushed, laughing as we got up.

I looked at Bucha and watched his tail puff open revealing a more than likely, hand crafted slingshot. Link crawled onto Bucha and grabbed the slingshot, it included a seed pouch and seeds inside it. Link slid down from Bucha's back, examining it. Bucha slowly rose back up.

The elder instructed Link on how to use the slingshot. I stood back watching him learn, soaking it in for myself. Link managed to knock a vine for us to swing on and continue our journey. "Now, past Skyveiw Temple is another much older temple. The girl was headed that way." I smiled at the elder. "Thank you so much! We hope to see you again." Link and I sprung into action, whisking away towards the old temple.

When we approached there was a loud wail. A Bokoblin. We only encountered a few, with Link and I slaying them easily. We watched as one tried balancing across a rope to reach us. With only a simple shake of said rope, the poor thing fell to its demise. Then it was our turn to walk across. I took a few deep breaths before slowly making my way across. I took the last step with a jump to the ledge, and Link bent down to still the rope again. I watched with baited breath as he crossed, holding out my hand for him as he got to the end. He grabbed my hand, and I pulled him into the safety of the ledge.

We had finally reached the temple! Link and I stood before it, the stone door beckoning us inside. I could feel the darkness from within holding out an evil hand, waiting for us to come in. Link checked his supplies, making sure he had everything he needed. If everything goes the way it should, Link and I are going to go in, get Zelda and come out victorious. Then, I will become best friends with both of them and happily live on Skyloft and never have to come back down here again. Maybe, for once, I'll feel accepted and at home. "(Y/n)?" Link asked, snapping me out of my trance. "Yea?" I whispered turning to him. "Are you ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."