Snap

Taehyung pov

"Let's kill it." Jimin says as we walk to our positions on the track. I nod my head faintly trying to focus.

I stand on the tip of my toes to catch a glimpse of Hoseok as he disappears in the crowd, trying to find a short cut to his end of the track. I run my hand through my hair in an attempt to alleviate stress.

My mind is going a mile a minute. I'm completely screwing things up with Hoseok and I feel as if I keep making it worse by being around him. Yoongi isn't helping and this stupid race is the last thing I want to participate in at the moment.

I just want to go home and rest. But here I am, standing in position waiting for the race to start. Jimim gives me a thumbs up before crouching down and getting into starting position. I look into the crowd of idols and see Jin and Namjoon waving at me.

Then I notice Yoongi next to them mouthing the words break a leg. Screw him right now. It's all his fault. I can't believe how messed up he is. I mean-

Bam! The race has started and Jimin is running towards me at full speed. I glare at Yoongi one last time before I get ready for the hand off. Jimin easily slips the paton into my hand and I make a run for it.

As I'm sprinting my mind goes back to Hoseok,making my chest ache. Why won't this burning sensation go away. It makes me sick. I can't seem to shake this feeling. This acidity feeling in the pit of my stomach like anxiety bubbling up. I don't know how to make it stop. I just want to make everyone disappear so I can think clearly again.

"Tae!" I snap out of my thoughts just in time to see Hoseok right infront of me with his eyes wide as saucers. Before I can stop myself I crash right into him, making us both fall to the floor.

"Tae, you're crushing my ankle. You're hurting me!" Hoseok screams out in pain.

I roll off of him quickly and try to see what's wrong. A crowd has already started to form around us as I watch Hoseok hiss in pain.

He's holding his ankle in his hands and has his teeth clenched. An on site doctor runs to his side and tells everyone to back up.

"Is he going to be okay? Is it bad?" I begin to ask terrified that I actually might have broken his leg. That I gave Hoseok another reason to hate me. If he did I wouldn't be able to stand it. Oh God, what have I done?

"He'll have to go to the hospital so he can get a full check up. Can you help me carry him to the break room?" The doctor ask.

I nod my head and prepare to lift him up, but Hoseok smacks my arm away.

"No, can Jin help?" He ask not caring that we're in public and that there are cameras everywhere.

I back away shamefully and merge myself into the crowd. My ears feel clogged as Jimin tries to get my attention.

"Are you okay? What happened?"
I stay silent, trying to build a wall between us and the situation. I back up until someone pushes me from behind. "Taehyung, snap out of it. Hoseok could be seriously injured. Do you know what this could do to him? He eat, sleeps and breathes dance."

I turn my head and see Jungkook with watery eyes directing his comments towards me. This makes bile rise up in my throat but I swallow it back down. That comment was not helping to calm me down at all. If anything it is making me feel ten times worse.

"Hey, everyone clear a way we're going to bring him through!" The on site doctor instructs. The idols part a path and they make their way to the break room.

Jimin tugs my sleeve, gesturing for me to follow. My mind is telling me to leave but my heart really wants to be by Hoseok.

Why am I so bad at expressing myself. None of this would have happened if I just told Hoseok that I didn't like him being so close to Yoongi. I grit my teeth and shrug Jimin off.

"Taehyung, we really need to see how Hoseok's doing. I don't care if your mad. You can't just walk away from this."

I watch as Hoseok is carried away then I glance back at Jimin. He's right. Even though I caused this, I can't just turn my back on Hoseok.

The sound of sirens resounds in the distance.

I have to make things right.

A/N I'm back after being gone for about 2 weeks. I know that's terrible, but I was suffering from major writers block. If you have ever had it, you know what I mean. The struggle is real. Anywho, I know the chapter is shorter than usually, but bare with me. I promise to make the next one longer and heart felt. Oh and don't forget to comment. I love reading those. They make me glad to be a writer when I see them. Have a great day you guys!