Dinner Party:Minsun

Yoongi pov

My parents are an odd bunch of people. They won't tell you how much they miss you, but you can see it written on their faces. I don't know maybe they're just bad at expressing themselves. But I don't care since I can read their actions.

"You seem to be making it big out there." My dad booms with a loud chest. I smile at his attempt to make it seem like he was fine without me, but I know that he couldn't wait for this party.

"Do you want a hug?" My dad's facade quickly breaks at my words as he nods his head. I sigh and walk towards him with my arms open, but right when I go to hug him my mother slips into my arms.

"Hey!" My dad exclaims from my mother's actions.

"What? You were taking too long." My mother answers while still hugging me. When she finally lets go, I hug my dad briefly.

After that little ice breaker, conversation flowed effortlessly. They shared about what was happening with our neighbors and the latest gossip with my relatives. While I stuck to simple things like...

don't believe the craziness on the fansites. I'm fine.

Or everyone in the group is good.

But there was one thing I was nervous to show them. My hand subconsciously brushed against the music sheet folded in my pocket. Would they like it? Would they say that it's crap?

"Um..." I mumble. I know they can see the sweat starting to build on my face. But like the good parents they are, they wait for me to continue. " I have a song that I've been writing-it's not finished yet, but could you read it?" I avert my eyes from pure embarrassment.

"Of course sweetie. Anything you make is always good though." My mother says like I should know this. It is a huge confidence booster for me and I relax as I hand them the paper. I shift from one foot to the next as their eyes skim the paper. They flip to the next page and I watch my father smirk.

"What?"

"Who were you thinking about while writing this?" He questions knowingly. I feel my face flush. Then it goes blank. Who was I thinking about while writing this? My eyes flicker to Jimin who's absorbed in an intense conversation with his parents. But then, my eyes somehow spot Hyosun with this really tall man. Is that his date?

"So, you do have someone." My father states. " Someone dear to you?" I focus all my attention back to my parents who are staring at me with bright smiles.

"Um, no. Look, I got to go. I'll talk to you both later." I say avoiding the question and walk to the only person I feel like talking too.

As I get closer, Hyosun's eyes develop a panic look before he starts to play with his sleeves. I stop right in front of him.

"Hey."

"Oh, Yoongi...what did you want?" Hyosun trails off. Oh don't tell me he's still butt hurt over what I said. He knows it's the truth.

"You were the only person I felt like talking too." I say nonchalantly, but apparently it makes Hyosun blush and look up at me. Geez, I need to choose my words more wisely and as if on cue the tall man standing next to Hyosun clears his throat rudely.

"Oh, Yoongi,this is my cousin Chulmoo. He-"

"Hi, I'm your biggest fan. I have all of BTS songs and I love their meanings." Chulmoo blabs. I have to force myself to smile because of his rudeness. I don't know why, but he rubs me the wrong way. "I actually couldn't believe that Hysoun was your manager. I mean he hasn't been the lucky one of our family. You know with his looks and his irrational fears and what not, but I guess everyone gets lucky."