Ear Plugs

Yoongi pov

Really, Jimin. You stomp on my heart, then you make me wash the dishes? I scowl as I walk down the dirt path towards the arena.

The sky looks really gloomy. I think there might be a storm. I wonder if Hyosun is alright. I glance behind me and see Hyosun playing with his fingers like he almost got caught doing something.

He's so awkward...

Still, I wonder if he's even paying attention to the weather. I twitch when a loud crack of thunder and lightning light up the sky.

I immediately turn to Hyosun who's snapped into a trance. Then as if his adrenalin kicks into high gear, he takes off running back to the tent. I look back at everyone else walking to the arena then to Hyosun slowly fading behind a crowd of people.

I don't know why, but I decide to chase after him. This is the most exercise I've done not pertaining to practice and I don't like it. I catch up to Hyosun as he runs through the curtains. I stand by the entrance as he digs through his bag in a panic.

"Where are they?" He mumbles. "I know I put them in here."

Hyosun let's out a frustrated sound as he dumps the contents of his bag out onto the table.
His eyes grow wide when he realizes his ear buds are nowhere to be found right when another crack of thunder let's off in the sky.

He crouches down and plugs his ears. I press my lip into a thin line as I watch him try to calm his nerves. It makes my chest tighten to see him like this. So I dig through my pockets until I find what I'm looking for.

I kneel down beside him and remove his hands from his ears and replace them with my earphones. Then I press play on my music and play "Cypher part 3" for him.

He looks into my eyes with relief. He shifts into a new position on the ground with his feet crossed and his elbows on his knees.

"Is this okay? I could get my headphones if you want!" I yell loud enough for him to hear me.

He shakes his head. "No, this is fine!" I scoot closer to him and accidentally brush my hand against his, making him bring his hand up to his chest.

I raise my eyebrow at him and he smiles weakly. "Sorry, I didn't mean to do that." He rambles as he places his hand back down. When another burst of thunder sounds, shaking the ground, I grab his hand to calm it's quivering.

"Relax, I'm here and nothing's going to happen."

Hyosun stares at our hands for a second before nodding his head.

"Yeah, I'm overreacting." He mumbles.

He finally loosens up, but doesn't release my hand yet. We must have stayed in that same position for another 10 minutes before I tap his shoulder.

"I think the others might get worried about what happened to us." I say.

"Yeah, let's go back." He reaches to remove my earphones, but I stop his hand and shake my head.

"No, keep it." He nods his head and presses then back into his ear. I help him onto his feet but pull a little too hard and he stumbles into my chest.

He backs away quickly and lands in one of the seats behind him. "Um...uh... Why am I such a cluts? Can you pretend you didn't see that?"

I smirk, " Not a chance." He stands up again and pouts before looking at his feet. He seems to be contemplating something before he steps forward. He's right in front of me, making me want to take a step back but he grabs my hand to stop me.

I raise my eyebrow, but freeze when I see him get on his tippy toes and kiss my cheek.

"Thank you for the earphones and you know...staying." He lowers himself back down and plays with his sleeve. "We should get back." He whispers.

I search his eyes for any hints at what is going through his head to find something I was hoping wasn't there. His eyes are filled with warmth and they're staring at me.

Please, don't like me...

I can't return your feelings.

I distance myself from him and walk towards the tent. He follows close behind me and I can feel his eyes burning through the back of my skull. This is what I get for being nice.

I frown. I really can't accept his feelings. Not when I still have feelings for Jimin. I can't do that to him. It wouldn't work.

"Hey, there you guys are. We were beginning to wonder what was taking you guys so long." Taehyung states as he walks towards us. "It looks like the thunder was just a scare. The concert is still going on. We have to get in place since we're closing."

I nod my head and jog towards him, trying to build as much distance between Hyosun and I.

"Good luck you guys." Hyosun smiles warmly.

A/N sooo... Any surprises? Did you guys feel the tension? Let me know what you think in the comments. Also, it makes me feel accomplished to see people reading my story as soon as its published. It makes me feel like I'm doing something right. Thanks for the support guys. Love you...mwah.