Vhope:Awkward Tension

Taehyung's pov

As I stumble throw the crowd of faces I don't know I find Hyosun in the mix. He's standing by a really tall man that could be mistaken for a stick, but somehow his face makes up for it. I notice the man nudge Hyosun on the side, making Hyosun turn to him timidly. The man bends down to Hyosun's ear and whispers something. I'm about to walk right past them when next thing I know I'm stopped by them.

Hyosun gives me an apologetic expression before speaking. "Hey, Taehyung. How's everything going?" Hyosun asks in a voice that radiates I don't want to be here.

"Um, good? But, I actually have to go..."

The man clears his throat, making Hyosun sigh. "I wanted to introduce you to my cousin. He's a huge fan." Hyosun drawls out. His cousin bumps him to the side rather rudely and puts his hand out.

"Nice to meet you." He smiles smugly like he's the best thing since electricity was invented. He rubs me the wrong why but I try my best to hold back my glare. Instead, I shake his hand then turn towards Hyosun.

"I really have to go, but I'll talk to you later on." Hyosun nods his head and seems eager to have me leave. I have no problem fulfilling that wish and speed walk past them. I take a quick look behind me and notice the way Hyosun's cousin folds his arms and gives Hyosun the death stare.

Maybe I shouldn't have left. But, that thought is quickly replaced when I remember the look on Hoseok's face. When I finally make it out the door I sheild my eyes from the bright sun that is shining.

There is a railing to keep people from falling when they walk out and stairs to my left. On the other side, I see Hoseok pacing the ground countless times. He just keeps walking back and forth wearing out his dress shoes. He's biting the tip of his thumb and his face is leaning towards the floor.

It isn't until I stand right in front of him that he looks up frightened that I found him. He immediately takes his thumb out of his mouth and straightens up.

"Oh, Tae. What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be talking to your parents?" Hoseok asks nervously.

I put both my hands on either side of his arms and shake my head. "No, I saw you practically running out the door and knew something was up. What happened with your parents? It seemed intense."

Hoseok's face turns white for a moment at the mention of his parents before he smiles. "Oh, them. Nothing...they're really happy they came."

I raise an eyebrow at Hoseok. Is he trying to lie to me? I already know that his smile is fake. He can't fool me like he can everyone else. " Hoseok."

He stares at me with doey eyes, trying to act innocent. "What did they really say?"

"I don't want to tell you." Hoseok whispers with a tremble in his voice.

"Please, I can't stand to see you so-so jittery. Why were you pacing?" I see his face drop as I continue to pester him.

"I'm only going to ask you this favor one time. Can you please not be so nosy? It's for the best." Hoseok responds, making my heart
deflate.

I chew the inside of my cheek and drop my arms from Hoseok.
"Is that what you really want?"

Hoseok nods his head once while trying to avoid eye contact. I pinch the bridge of my nose for a moment at a loss for words. What could they have possibly said? Hoseok's parents aren't the type to hurt their child. If anything their the type to protect them from anything.

"Okay, if that's what you want." I whisper. Hoseok lets out a sigh of relief.

"Thank you." Hoseok takes a step closer to me and plants a soft kiss on my lips before pulling away. For some reason this kiss is different. It's full of sorrow. " We're okay, right?"

I nod my head. "Yeah, just... If you feel like telling me-"

" Tae, can you not mention it again, please?" I frown at his words. If he really doesn't want me to talk about it, it has to be way worse than I thought.

"Um, sure. Let's go back inside before people start to worry." I grabs Hoseok's hand for a moment about to walk in when he pulls away.

"Remember, we're just friends." I sigh, but walk inside anyways. Everyone has gathered to their assigned seats while our boss clears his throat on the microphone.

We both walk towards our table quietly. I sit beside my parents and Hoseok sits beside his, but I notice how he scoots his chair away. Then, I face Hoseok's mom and give her a small wave. She gives me a smile in return, but for some reason it seems forced.

Then, I glance towards Hoseok's father. He's a small man with normally soft eyes, but today his glare feels like daggers hitting my chest. I almost flinch from The force of them, but I hold it in.

I nudge Hoseok under the table, but he doesn't move.

What the hell is going on? Why are they acting hostile towards me?

I barely noticed the end of our bosses speech until the clapping of hands resound around the large room. When the claps start to dwindle, people start up conversations amongst themselves. Our table however, has a thick tension around it.

My parents are the first to break the ice. "It's so nice to see the children again isn't it?" My mother asks directly to Mrs.Jung, Hoseok's mother.

Mrs.Jung gives my mom the best friendly face she can muster.

"Yes it is."

My mother seems to sense the tension in the room and looks towards my father for help.
"Honey, isn't it nice to see everyone?"

"Yes, how are you guys. It's been forever since we've had time to catch up." My father asks cheerfully.

Mr.Jung seems to straighten in his seat. "It could be better. I'll get straight to the point. Make your son break up with Hoseok."

I almost keel over. What did he say? I snap my head towards Hoseok who's looking down at the table. I tap him repeatedly until he looks up.

Then mouth, "Is this what you didn't want to tell me?" Hoseok lets out a small yeah before looking away again.

I stare at my dad to see his reaction. He seems to have the same confused look on his face as my mother. "What do you mean break up? They're not dating? That stuff on the internet are just rumors."

I feel my throat close up at the words. " No, ask your son. Hoseok already told us it's true." I stare at Hoseok, who's clutching his dress pants for dear life.

So they didn't take it so well. My mother turns to me and asks, "Is it true," with round eyes. I nod my head slowly. There's no point in turning back now.

I hear my parents gasp a little, but what shocks me is the glare they send towards Hoseok's parents. "I don't care." My father says bluntly. Hoseok and I snap our heads to my father.

"What?" I say at the same time as Mr.Jung. I can practically see the steam rising from his head as his face turns red.

"I trust my son to do what he feels is right. If he wants a relationship with Hoseok I'm fine with that." My dad answers smoothly. I don't think I've ever been more proud to have a father like him in my life. If I'd known he was so open about everything I wouldn't have been so scared.

"I'm doing what's best for my son too. I've seen the videos and post. Taehyung has done nothing but cause my son physical pain and a lot of people think he's a homosexual. I won't let my son be branded as one of those. Now, tell Taehyung to break up with Hoseok."

A/N

...sorry for raining on your parades... Not. I love plot twist. Haha, but seriously this isn't the end. Tune in to find out more of what happens at the dinner party. Until next time.