2: Lucas

I wasn't paying very much attention to the road. But I was sitting in the passenger seat, so I left all the driving to my colleague and best friend, Jared Trigger. That meant I could daydream, reflect on my day, or find another way to pass time.

I decided to think about what happened a few hours ago. I had encountered a little girl with an ombrè and hazel eyes who called me her father just before I began the long drive to Washington DC. And just so we are on the same page, I have no children whatsoever.

In fact, I don't have any family at all, apart from my cruel father who did experiments on me all the time when I was a teenager. My mother was murdered by a dream demon named Bill Cipher shortly after I turned thirteen, and she was the only one who ever appreciated me, son or not.

My mother always kept me safe from my father, and Bill said that the experiments my dad did on me would most likely keep me from having any offspring. I assumed it worked, because I never had any children, or a wife, or any sort of loving family in general. So that was a big bummer.

Honestly, I would have liked to have a child, particularly a daughter, since I never really knew too many girls growing up. But that obviously can't happen now, thanks to Bill, so...here I am now.

So when this little girl called me her father, I was absolutely puzzled. I told her that I didn't have a daughter, as sad as it was, and then she started crying for some reason. Maybe she was just confused or something.

I was in a deep thought until someone tapped me on the shoulder and prevented me from daydreaming any longer. "Jared, did you just tap my shoulder?" I asked.

"No. Why?" Jared replied. He seemed too focused on the road to be tapping my shoulders. But if he wasn't tapping my shoulders, then who was?

"Did you miss me, Phoenix?" A cold, high-pitched voice cackled.

"Oh no..." I whispered.

x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x

"I should've known I would find you here eventually! What do you want from me this time?" I snapped.

Bill simply rolled his only eye and said, "You know exactly what I want from you, Phoenix."

"No...I don't..."

"Yes, you do. Stop playing games with me, Phoenix. Just because you lost your precious Poison Ivy doesn't mean you have to act so oblivious around me now."

Poison Ivy? What was he talking about?

"You listen to me, Phoenix, and you listen good. I may have gone easy on you and the Chosen One in the past, but things have changed around here since then. There are a few children out there that can grant my wishes in an instant, and you are the only one who is capable of fetching them for me." Bill sneered.

"Yeah, I don't think so. You see, I don't know these children at all, so I can't help you. And even if I did know them, I wouldn't let you find them. You know how much I trust you." I answered haughtily.

"Oh, you know them, alright- YOU JUST DON'T REMEMBER THEM."

Bill began to circle around me, leaving an ice-cold chill running through my spine. I shivered as I tried to figure out where Bill had stopped spinning. A moment later, he slowly hovered behind me and started whispering something to me in an unbearable tone.

"There's Constellation...your great niece, and a fun pawn to mess around with...and there's Gemstone, the youngest descendant of your DIVIDED dynamic duo...and there's Poison Ivy...the girl who's known you since she first stepped into the world against my will...some people say she was the girl born with hope...THE CHOSEN ONE, if you will." Bill continued.

I raised my eyebrows. "You're quite confused, aren't you, Phoenix? Maybe even a little confused? Well, you have every right to be, but you have NO right to step out of line. I'll be watching you, Phoenix, and I'll be watching your relatives as well. I'll be watching your great niece...I'll be watching both of your nieces...and most of all, I'll be watching your daughter."

"You're out of your mind, Bill Cipher."

"And you're only trapped inside of yours, Lucas Powers. You don't know what your child is capable of, nor do you know what you two are up against. I'm more powerful than you think, so you better watch out if you want to survive."

"What are you talking about? I would know if I had any children, so stop insisting that I have a daughter, okay?!"

"Stop insisting that you don't, Nigel."

"STOP CALLING ME NIGEL!"

"I will call you whatever I want to call you, because heck, I am a dream demon, and if I was any less forgiving than I am now, you would already be dead!"

"Prove it."

x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x

I realized I never should have said that as I began to wake up and realize what was happening. Jared was hitting the brakes of the car as hard as he could, but that only made his reckless driving even worse.

"TRIGGER! SLOW DOWN!" I yelled.

"What do you think I'm trying to do?!" Jared retorted.

"What did I tell you, Phoenix? You can't defeat me, no matter how hard you try. Without your treasured Poison Ivy, you're nothing but a burden on my nonexistent shoulders." Bill echoed.

Suddenly, the car began to approach a huge cliff, and I let out a loud scream. This was it, I was going to die...

"BRACE YOURSELF, LUCAS!" Jared shouted as he held onto the steering wheel for dear life.

I grabbed the armrests of my seat and didn't let go of them at all as Jared and I were thrown off of the cliff by the wind. "Don't die yet, Lucas..." I told to myself as I shut my eyes and waited to crash the car into an unknown part of town.

"You still have plenty of time left to live."

CeriseCurse052
MysteryGirl86
ZabbaWriter
demonsLOVEangels
shellshell2000
Mysterygirl367774939
Zabba_Loves_MLP
musicgirl227
thefabulousbri
primrose-eaton
Duhgaminghamster
IndustrialSprinkles
ThatCrazyFangal
theshipper101