3: Michaela

"GOOD MORNING, WONDERFUL PEOPLE!"

I made my way through the café the next morning in a better mood than usual. For starters, I had a lot of really happy dreams last night- I'm not going to go into too much detail, but they put a smile on my face, I can tell you that!

"Um...good morning, Michaela. You seem very pleased, considering the fact that you are not a morning person," Devon snickered.

"You're right, Devon! I am not a morning person! But I like breakfast! Somebody, pass those waffles down to me, please- I'm having this huge craving for waffles today." I cheered.

I took a seat next to Nathan and Tiffany, a toothy grin stretched out on my face. "What's up with her today?" Tiffany whispered to Nathan.

"I don't know, but let's just try to keep her this way. Because as far as I'm concerned, Happy Michaela is a lot more pleasant to hang out with than Grouchy Michaela." Nathan whispered back.

"I'll take your word for it, Nate. After all, she is your girlfriend, and-"

"And women can be so complicated sometimes."

Tiffany glared at Nathan before continuing. "That wasn't what I was going to say."

"Oh...your hair looks nice, by the way."

"Mmm. I was going to say that as Michaela's boyfriend, you would have the most experience with making her happy. And I want- hold on just a second, Nate. Michaela, would you be okay with sitting next to Devon and Stephanie for today? I know it's a lot to ask, but just this once, could you do it for me?"

I nodded and walked away, but even after I had already settled down at a new table, I could hear what Nathan and Tiffany were saying.

"Okay, so I really want Michaela to have a better birthday than what happened earlier this week, so I need your help. You know Michaela better than I do, so could you please help me out?" Tiffany asked.

"Sure, Tiff. Just ask me what you need to know, and I'll do my best to answer them." Nathan smiled politely.

"Okay, first question: What's her favorite color?"

"I thought you would know that, Tiffany. I mean, you know Michaela pretty well, too, right?"

"Just answer me, Nathan."

"Fine. Her favorite color is seafoam green."

"Okay, now what kind of cake does she like?"

"Lemon, but with cream cheese frosting. I have to admit, that is something I can't blame her for liking."

"Does she have any pet allergies?"

"Uh...no. Why?"

"I was just curious. What's her favorite sport?"

"To watch or to play?"

"Both."

"Oh...okay. I'm pretty sure it's basketball, but I could be wrong."

"What size are her feet?"

"She's never mentioned her foot size, so I can't answer that in too much detail. Her feet are pretty small, though."

"What's her favorite TV show?"

"Ker-Pranked with Justin Kerprank. Yeah, I know, that's just what it's called."

"What's her favorite catchphrase?"

"Her favorite catchphrase?"

"Yeah, her favorite catchphrase. What is it?"