17: Michaela

A/N: For those of you who like to listen to the music I insert while you read, please wait until the next author's note to start the music. It just helps with the emotions of this chapter.

Also, the picture shown above was made by billcipher363, and I think it looks fabulous, so here's a big shoutout to her!

❤️❤️Luna❤️❤️

"I don't know what you're talking about," Axel mumbled.

"Oh, stop playing dumb with us, Axel!" I snapped. "We know that you're the one who tried to kill Tristan. Lucas told us, and before he came here, he was an agent of the US Government, so he knows how to tell if someone's guilty or not."

"You people are jumping to conclusions! I haven't even spoken to Tristan all day!" Axel exclaimed.

"Well, none of us have, because he's unconscious, thanks to you!" Phoebe growled.

"How did that happen?! Tristan can defend himself, so it's not like someone would easily be able to get away with hurting him!" Axel explained.

"He was attacked in his sleep last night, Axel," Stephanie reminded him, "there was nothing he could do to protect himself."

"You've taken things way too far, Axel Chancellor. Once we tell Samantha what you've done, she'll never give you a second chance. You'll be kicked out of the Society for sure." I coldly sneered.

"And why exactly do you think that I'm the one who attacked Tristan in his sleep?" Axel asked.

"You weren't in your bedroom when everybody else was sleeping- and I know this because I saw you roaming around in the hallways through the window-" Stephanie said.

"-I heard your conversation with Devon yesterday, and you said that you had a plan that would make Stephanie fall for you-" Lucas added.

"-you weren't in Tristan's hospital room when everybody else came in to check on him-" Phoebe interjected.

"-and not to mention, you've been jealous of Tristan for awhile now." I concluded.

"There is a perfectly good explanation for all of that." Axel assured everybody.

Phoebe, Lucas, Stephanie, and I blinked.

"This," Axel said as he held up a card with a stick figure girl that had auburn-colored hair and wore a weird-looking dress on the front of it.

"Okay, first of all, what is that?! And secondly, what does that have to do with anything?" I demanded.

"Well, I was up all night working on a little surprise for Stephanie, and I'm not done with it yet, but if you want, I can show you guys what I've completed." Axel explained.

"Wait, so you're saying there's more?!" Stephanie asked with a cringe.

"Well, yeah. I mean, did you think I was just gonna stop with this card?" Axel said.

Stephanie read the card out loud, "'Stephanie Trigger, your hair is as red as my heart, which I will gladly give to you- if that is what you wish me to do. Your skin is as pale as snow, which reminds me of winter- my favorite season'...really, dude?"

"Keep reading," Axel insisted.

"'Your eyes are as beautiful as the sapphires on the ring that I-' okay, I'm done with this nonsense." Stephanie declared.